Spridget

Spot The Rice!

School demands I spend 3-4 days a week driving an hour away into Killeen, TX to get my edjima-kayshun at Central Texas College. Also home to Ft Hood, the largest active duty armored post in the United States and rumored to have the largest military motor pool in the Western Hemisphere.

I believe it may also be home to the largest population of rice. We can measure this population with the rice factor. The rice factor is defined as: (# of cars with stick on fender ports) / (# of cars per ca pita). It's rare to see an unmodified car here. Everything has rims. Everything else has stick on fender ports.

4994682026_2e7142bd21_z.jpg

DSC08534 by Spridget, on Flickr

Nice Pimpala. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they have family here in Detroit..

Fruitloop.jpg

• Like 1

there is a 86 monte carlo cool whip car down the street from me....has 26's and even the barcode hahaa

Edited by Kyle's 03 SES

I had to go to "the other site" to get this pic i took, but it was worth it.

The vinyl on the rear window says, and i quote "PT Crusin' Ain't A Crime"

School demands I spend 3-4 days a week driving an hour away into Killeen, TX to get my edjima-kayshun at Central Texas College. Also home to Ft Hood, the largest active duty armored post in the United States and rumored to have the largest military motor pool in the Western Hemisphere.

I believe it may also be home to the largest population of rice. We can measure this population with the rice factor. The rice factor is defined as: (# of cars with stick on fender ports) / (# of cars per ca pita). It's rare to see an unmodified car here. Everything has rims. Everything else has stick on fender ports.

4994682026_2e7142bd21_z.jpg

DSC08534 by Spridget, on Flickr

sd.gifrofl.gifrofl2.gifiamwithstupid.gif

I wonder if they have family here in Detroit..

Fruitloop.jpg

Honestly, I could spend my entire day trudging through the rice patties of Killeen. Each day I'm awed, amazed, and appalled. Occasionally I'll spot a car that has done it right, but they are few are far between. I'll try to click some pics to demonstrate the proper way to mod a car as I find them... but in the mean time...

I spotted this beaut today. It was tucked in some tight parking spots so I couldn't get the full effect on digi-film, but here's a taste.

4996435266_a3f4256c2a_z.jpg

DSC08535 by Spridget, on Flickr

Honestly, I could spend my entire day trudging through the rice patties of Killeen. Each day I'm awed, amazed, and appalled. Occasionally I'll spot a car that has done it right, but they are few are far between. I'll try to click some pics to demonstrate the proper way to mod a car as I find them... but in the mean time...

I spotted this beaut today. It was tucked in some tight parking spots so I couldn't get the full effect on digi-film, but here's a taste.

If it wasn't for the fender ports and hood scoop that wouldn't be too bad. There's some pretty riced out cars around here I'll have to try and get pics of.

Well... That puts to rest my desire for black wheels... Ha.

If it wasn't for the fender ports and hood scoop that wouldn't be too bad.

The tail lights had been painted body color with silver dollar sized unpainted spots for the lights to shine through. About 4-5 spots per side. Looked terrible. It appeared to have either an SHO rear bumper or some kind of body kit.

The tail lights had been painted body color with silver dollar sized unpainted spots for the lights to shine through. About 4-5 spots per side. Looked terrible. It appeared to have either an SHO rear bumper or some kind of body kit.

:huh: well never mind then that's just horrible sounding.

EEEEEEEEEEwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Like 1

That's not rice.

It's kraut.

Tim

• Like 1

That's not rice.

It's kraut.

Tim

Only if it's a DUB'd VDub. ;)

• Like 1

ballin'

Spotted in south Austin stalking rice in the boX. It's perfect camouflage for hunting rice in the wild. Also spotted an xB racing an M6.

5016290829_0f7beaa2cc_z.jpg

0922101843 by Spridget, on Flickr

OK, this one has all the classic rice signs...... stick on fender vents, stick on hood scoop, stick on chrome body graphics, oversized chrome rims. You think rice, this car should be the king ricer, the only thing its missing is the chrome fart can tail pipe.

I present to you ( as the body tags say) the "Pimp T Cruiser"

PT2.jpg

PT1.jpg

PT4.jpg

PT3.jpg

OK, this one has all the classic rice signs...... stick on fender vents, stick on hood scoop, stick on chrome body graphics, oversized chrome rims. You think rice, this car should be the king ricer, the only thing its missing is the chrome fart can tail pipe.

I present to you ( as the body tags say) the "Pimp'n Cruiser"

That is just an eye sore mellow.gif.

-Alex

Holy hell i wouldnt wanna be drivin near that on a sunny day

if Elvis had a PT Cruiser........

I present to you ( as the body tags say) the "Pimp'n Cruiser"

PT2.jpg

I can almost appreciate the stick-on chrome overkill on the PimpT Cruiser, but the fake spot light mounted on the hood kills it for me.

I spotted the elusive golden Taurus again. The parking on campus is crazy and I there is nowhere to stop and snap a pic. It has dual side pipes with cutouts in the rockers. There was a club name on the back glass but I couldn't make it out.

Meanwhile, I've been stalking a trio of slammed 'teggy hatches... red, white, and green, with black carbon fiber hoods which occupy spaces outside of a quicky-automotive shop. You can't see the amazing negative camber from the profile shot. I think they look good... no graphix, wings or stick-on-m***a-f***n-fender-ports, but the ride must be rough on anything other than a go-kart track. I have not seen them in action, so I hope they're bagged. They probably chase down and rob semis carrying overnighted engines from Japan.

5040293707_465ca91b60_b.jpg

redteggy by Spridget, on Flickr

They've got mad VTEC, yo! :P

Opinions are like assholes, every person has one...

Every time I hear that quote it reminds me of one my Grandfather used to say:

Opinions are like turds; everyone squeezes one out eventually; but they all pretty much stink, some worse than others.

R.I.P. Gramps!

• Like 1

Double-time downforce on a Pontiac Vibe... that's a fantastic idea! :P

IMG_4744.jpg

Thank God he had the space to mount two rear wings on a hatchback. :blink:

Reminds me of guy who went to high school with me. He had a 2000 ford focus with only body mods on it with the double spoliers blink.gif.

-Alex