Sign in to follow this  
Rusty

Time For An Overhaul

well as i have been quite the busy bee lately with my old radios and the house and work and ect ect ect the vehicle has suffered. well its time now for a MAJOR OVERHAUL! and by that im talkin detail! now you may flame me for the condition she is currently in, and i aint proud of it, but starting today shes going to get a major cleaning over the next week or so so i thought i would share with you some before pics of the current condition. its in a sad state, but certainly saveable. give me some time and she will look like new!

(im so ashamed)

Good God Man!!!! What did you do, host a running of the bulls in there?:wacko:

lol, jk looks dirty, but not reversable. Good luck with the detailing, looking forward to post-pics to show us what the bull looks like when sparkling...

LOL! thanks! those ARE indeed tire tracks. sold a few used tires, and no truck to my name, sooooooooooo........

gonna plan a trip to the body shop soon for an estimate on rust repair...

and i have no idea what the hell is all over the headliner, but im hoping i can get that off as well.

STEP ONE: wash car. Check! :lol:

that allmost looks like water marks on the headliner! Is your sunroof leaking?

nope. drains are clear, and ive never noticed or felt any moisture up there. the stain that looks like wetness up towards the front was there when i got the car 4 years ago, no clue what from. i just noticed this black stuff recently, not sure what its from. i do smoke in the car, but ive never seen that on my old car, which i smoked in, or my moms car, which she smokes in. this is a first for me

THE FIRST AFTER PIC!!!!! so far ive gotten the drivers door panel done, it was a mess. but it looks brand new!

ill get some better pics once im totally done, but for now a shot from my tellular cellophone

Hey, good luck with the detailing. It will be worth it once it's all done!! I can't wait to see more after pics!!

thanks, it will be great! kinda fun, too, if i do say so lol. i loved seeing it clean. i opened the back door adn the front door, and looked at the back, then the front, then the back then the front goin 'before, after. before, after' hahahahaa

well ive been puttin it off again due to the weather but we are gonna be having a niiiice week this week so im gonna try and get back to it. ill have extra work to do, as the other guy in my dept. is going to be out for surgery, but hopefully eventually this thing will look like new.

im not posting a pic of the current state :unsure:

That wheel well ... is going to be a lot. You can't "fix" it since it rusts from the inside out. Best thing to do is go to a junkyard, try to find one and just cut it out and replace.

I figure I can "fix" it by getting as much off the surface as I can, and loading it with POR-15 for now. Can't fix it properly for a while, as I don't have the skills myself, and don't have the money to take it to a body shop, though I can get a good deal through a couple that we do business with.