Sign in to follow this  
Scuba9898

1993 Ford Taurus

Yep, you've got yourself a real Taurus. :P Time to start wrenchin'.

Yup, going to hopefully be worth it in the end cool.gif.

Edit also to have a nice dirt y picture of the engine tongue.gif

aec496ba.jpg

-Alex

Edited by Scuba9898

Nice car man, I love the Gen2's :D Can't wait to see what it's gonna look like when it's all done! You gonna do a 5 speed swap?!

In reply to seth I might. The check engine light keeps blinking so I might just do a 3.2 swap in the future instead of rebuilding the engine.

Anyway I repainted the B and C pillars on the car, also I painted the windshield wipers arms, actually came out pretty decent.

b07dd5e1.jpg

62caf52e.jpg

ef91da5a.jpg

ed71b43a.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

-Alex cool.gif

Edited by Scuba9898

I think your bumpers are decomposing. :blink:

Well got home and apparently my lights are also decomposing.

IMAG0114.jpg

-Alex blink.gif

Get some discoballs. ;)

The cars doing the work for you man...stripping itself, piece by piece.

• Like 1

Well got home and apparently my lights are also decomposing.

Is this an early-build '93?

Is this an early-build '93?

Yes it is.

I plan to look for discoballs while I'm in Detroit on October 2nd when I'm doign my major junkyard run.

-Alex cool.gif

I think you got yourself a good place to start there, if you see it through.

Want some encouragement?

Rudedog's car started out as a real pile, and now, it is really nice.

Tim

Yes it is.

I plan to look for discoballs while I'm in Detroit on October 2nd when I'm doign my major junkyard run.

-Alex cool.gif

One pair at the Parts galore on 8 mile.

Wow... in the garage pic parked next to your Gen4, after looking at that you should call it Droopy LOL.

Great start though man! There was a Gen 2 SE down the street from me for sale a while back... it had all the good bits and a beautiful set of headlights, but the guy was asking $2200, and it had a few body wrinkles... Umm, no thanks man. Never did look to see if it had the 3.8, might have reconsidered if it did ;)

BTW, is it just me, or does the 3.8 look tiny in the engine bay compared to even the Vulcan? I guess I'm too used to seeing the SHO and Duratec.

Wow... in the garage pic parked next to your Gen4, after looking at that you should call it Droopy LOL.

Great start though man! There was a Gen 2 SE down the street from me for sale a while back... it had all the good bits and a beautiful set of headlights, but the guy was asking $2200, and it had a few body wrinkles... Umm, no thanks man. Never did look to see if it had the 3.8, might have reconsidered if it did ;)

BTW, is it just me, or does the 3.8 look tiny in the engine bay compared to even the Vulcan? I guess I'm too used to seeing the SHO and Duratec.

All SE models came with the 3.8 as far as I have been able to tell. And yes, it is just you. The engine bay is filled by the 3.8 since it is a 90-degree V and the Vulcan is a 60-degree V. (Try changing the VSS sometime on one of those...)

The only thing that might look small is the plenum, which only covers one half of the engine instead of the whole thing like the Yamaha.

All SE models came with the 3.8 as far as I have been able to tell.

I seem to remember at least two '95 SE Vulcans from the old board. (I think Turbosax05 had one?)

So I'm trying to figure out on how to get the head lights out. Can anyone please explain how to get these damn things out. lol thanks.

-Alex rolleyes.gif

To do it the right way you need the special removal tool for the clips.

However, I've done it with a snap ring pliers, large flat screwdriver, and either a needlenose or a channellock (can't remember which, maybe it was both).

It's hard to explain since I don't have a Gen II Taurus handy, but the way to do it on the top ones is to spread the "arms" on the clip apart with the snap ring pliers, then pry the tap upwards to remove the clip. The bottom ones are where you'll need the needlenose or channellock to pull the clip out.

The bottom ones might be rusted to the point where the tab breaks off, in that case you'll have to figure out how to mangle it into submission so it'll come off.

Hope this helps.

To do it the right way you need the special removal tool for the clips.

However, I've done it with a snap ring pliers, large flat screwdriver, and either a needlenose or a channellock (can't remember which, maybe it was both).

It's hard to explain since I don't have a Gen II Taurus handy, but the way to do it on the top ones is to spread the "arms" on the clip apart with the snap ring pliers, then pry the tap upwards to remove the clip. The bottom ones are where you'll need the needlenose or channellock to pull the clip out.

The bottom ones might be rusted to the point where the tab breaks off, in that case you'll have to figure out how to mangle it into submission so it'll come off.

Hope this helps.

Worked out perfectly thanks Andy thumb.gif.

-Alex

Well went to the junkyard today and they put a nice Royal blue taurus out on the yard today. Too bad I only brought 10$ with me. dry.gif I'm most likely to go back and get the front clip and rear clip on the car.

dfcc4f11.jpg

0bcf1920.jpg

2a88aa1f.jpg

But I did pick up a bumper piece trim for mine.

6e95285d.jpg

-Alex cool.gif

that looks clean....what happened to the idea of the sho front and rear bumper?

I'm still looking looking for them, This is just a temporary fix until I can find a sho front clip and rear clip

I seem to remember at least two '95 SE Vulcans from the old board. (I think Turbosax05 had one?)

Yes sir, I had a 95 SE with the Vulcan as well as an AX4N. running great when i traded it in with over 128K miles....

and if it wasn't for rust I would still have it and have done some more work to it....

Hopefully we might find one in Detroit next weekend!

Hopefully we might find one in Detroit next weekend!

Hopefully. I've been looking all over my area for it.

-Alex

Well I fixed all the surface rust today. I'll take pictures of nice it turned out when it's light out. Pretty surprised how well the bare metal held up over the 17 years. I'm still debating on the color. I might paint it black, blue, red or yellow. Also I debated on painting on racing stripes like black with yellow racing stripes, red with white racing stripes.

-Alex