thesavo

How To: Enabling Factory Perimeter Alarm

-Mods: Feel free to delete and/or Move anywhere. (including this line)

Works with Gen 4.0-4.5

We have Factory Perimeter Alarm. I guess I can charge my self for adding a $200 addition!

YES removing the BLACK wire from the LONG GEM connection @ the bottom. Pin 2.

Tested with the windows rolled down.

Turn off car.

Lock with fob or keypad.

come back in 2 minutes.

Pull interior Door handle or <strike>hood release.</strike>

HONK HONK HONK!!

Update:

• Please note the following
  • You have no DE-activation switch in the driver and passenger doors. Use fob or keypad to unlock door.
  • You have no Hood Trigger switch. Poping the Hood will not set off the alarm. This can be added.
  • Trunk does NOT set off alarm. Not sure why. Trunk open switch triggers trunk light.

I need to find my Gem pinout. Its the black pin #2. Cut or De-pin.

post-135-052882800 1283305744_thumb.jpg

Edited by thesavo

Good info! Pulled the pin on the GEM on my bull this morning and voila ! alarm ! However i have added the hood switch and it does not seem to set off the alarm when popping the hood. Verified it was set by opening the door without unlocking with the fob and it honked away.

I found the wire in the white plug on the bottom of the panel.

Looking in the diagrams for the panel is shows the black wire as a ground (except with alarm).

I'll try to install the hood/trunk wires later (checking the wire schematic to locate the correct pinout)

-Mods: Feel free to delete and/or Move anywhere. (including this line)

Works with Gen 4.0-4.5

We have Factory Perimeter Alarm. I guess I can charge my self for adding a $200 addition!

YES removing the BLACK wire from the LONG GEM connection @ the bottom. Pin 2.

Tested with the windows rolled down.

Turn off car.

Lock with fob or keypad.

come back in 2 minutes.

Pull interior Door handle or <strike>hood release.</strike>

HONK HONK HONK!!

Update:

• Please note the following
  • You have no DE-activation switch in the driver and passenger doors. Use fob or keypad to unlock door.
  • You have no Hood Trigger switch. Poping the Hood will not set off the alarm. This can be added.
  • Trunk does NOT set off alarm. Not sure why. Trunk open switch triggers trunk light.

I need to find my Gem pinout. Its the black pin #2. Cut or De-pin.

Salvo, can I assume the black wire you've circled in the photo came from next to the solitary blue wire in the top right corner of the connector in the photo? I assume the connector has been rotated from its actual position when plugged in for access and the photo. I've got to try and diable my alarm on my '03 SES. It's been going off somewhat randomly since we got the car almost 2 years ago, but now its starting to go off every time we try to start the car. Car starts and runs fine after dactivating the alarm, but I'm sure the neighbors are starting to get annoyed with it.

In case my ground wire was snipped whenever the alarm was enabled, if I have to add a wire, can I ground it anywhere or does it need to be ran back to someplace specific.

Thanks for any help you can give me.