TaurusKev

An Illinois Autumn Meet- Thar Be Sho's Here... October 10Th, 2010

Well, do we plan to host more than 25 people? But if we don't reserve it, someone else can.... :ph34r:

I am planning on coming. Not sure if I'll be alone or bring my girlfriend or not. Lol :ph34r: but I don't think I'll have anything come up to stop me. I vote the 10th though

Well, do we plan to host more than 25 people? But if we don't reserve it, someone else can.... :ph34r:

I'd like to see some kind of consensus before we (namely, me :mellow:) go and pay for a reserved pavilion. To that end, there is now a poll at the header to this topic so we can see how this meet will work best with a maximum of attendees.

Also, what does everybody think about making this into a multi-day meet, like say Saturday evening through Sunday?

Well, the park rules is we cannot charge for the event, but I don't see why we can't ask for donations for the event.

I am open for either 3 or 10. And ofc, I am up for burgers. Anyone a great griller and want to volunteer? I am okay at it but not great.

Who is that weird guy wearing a Rex Grossman jersey and Cubs hat driving that beautiful 97 Medium Willow green taurus?

Just some mentally ill dude who showed up. It took us a few hours to get rid of him.

Sorry I've haven't chimed in. Been out of the country, again.

IF I'm IN the country Oct 3 or 10, I'd be glad to make either one of those dates, but my schedule has been so crazy lately I can't control where I'll be so don't plan around me. If I'm in town - I'll be there.

5 1/2 hours one way drive for me... soooo I'm gonna have to pass. :) Have fun everybody!

Sorry I've haven't chimed in. Been out of the country, again.

IF I'm IN the country Oct 3 or 10, I'd be glad to make either one of those dates, but my schedule has been so crazy lately I can't control where I'll be so don't plan around me. If I'm in town - I'll be there.

I cannot make it on the 3rd whatsoever. 10th is the only possibility for me right now...

5 1/2 hours one way drive for me... soooo I'm gonna have to pass. :) Have fun everybody!

But you have a Ford Taurus. It was made for those long fun drives! :P

There will most likely be pictures posted for your enjoyment though :)

Is this still going to happen and is the location set?

Is this still going to happen and is the location set?

Still planned to happen, but the date has not been confirmed... yet. :mellow:

Looking good for me.:D

I'll probably bring my Rosemist SHO.

That alone is worth driving 10 hours to see. Such a rare beautiful automobile.

I think it looks like the 10th will work best for everyone, so let's plan just for the 10th then :)

That alone is worth driving 10 hours to see. Such a rare beautiful automobile.

I think it looks like the 10th will work best for everyone, so let's plan just for the 10th then :)

Updated the title to reflect this. ;) Sounds like a good plan!

Hm.... Maybe LRB will be mobile by then.

I'll be able to make it for the 10th. Has a location been decided then? It will probably be a 4hr drive for me (coming from Iowa) I might bring a friend too.

I'll be able to make it for the 10th. Has a location been decided then? It will probably be a 4hr drive for me (coming from Iowa) I might bring a friend too.

Link to map- Bing

Link to map- Google

^^ This should give you driving directions to the meet location.

Link to Grove #17 location

^^ This shows the exact pavilion we're planning to use. Grove #17 is the first public pavilion on the right after you've entered the forest preserve from Higgins Road.

I've been hoping for the best and haven't said anything but I really just got screwed over with work and due to lack of funds ATM I'm not going to be able to attend next weekend. I can't afford te trip and also will probably get stuck working all next weekend for extra money. I hope you guys have fun and I will make the next one no matter where it's at. Guess things just happen for a reason and I got the short end of the stick.

Timing will be announced soon. :)

That sucks, Robert. :( Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Pictures will get posted afterwards, and we'll be sure to give you a heads up for the next one.

Still not able to commit 100%. Phone rings = I'm on the next plane out to ???

If I'm there, 100% chance of a Rosemist 96 SHO sighting, 80% chance of a supercharged 96 SHO with power folding mirrors and a handbrake as well. Oil leak + lack of time = SHO R T S might stay home.

Is this meet in need of any donations? I recall talk of a site retainer fee or something like that.

This meet is on! :biggrinjester: Kevin and I will be arriving by 11:00am to the forest preserve location that was noted in post #44.

Refreshments will be provided... Chicago-style. ;)