Sign in to follow this  
AppleUser

My New Work Truck!

Started a new job and they gave me this beast to use as my work truck, it's a Ford E250 van with a V8 and about 160,xxx miles on it... its a bit rough around the edges, it has half a muffler and is loud as hell, no a/C but the heat works (thankfully sense fall and winter are on their way) and a Kenwood head unit in it, it also has all built in shelving lining the walls and the roof rack as well... Not too bad If i say so myself! It just has no windows in the back whatsoever even in the back doors, so I have to get really good at using just my side mirrors.46384_1587127439435_1273260013_1666105_5599787_n.jpg

Nice van. :D

You and Kevin could probably share share war stories about driving E-Series work vans around Chi-town.

My Econoline 250 Super Duty? In Chi-town? Nuh uh! I like having windows on my van! Thing is already beat up from being parked in Chicago from the previous owner. I'd only give my van up however, for a brand new van at this point, no more hand-me-downs. :)

My 2007 Ford Econoline 250 Super Duty w/ the 5.4L V8. I love it. Best part of my job.

dude, those things are TANKS!!! 160k, shes just a baby!! and you have tunes, too! i drove an Eseries van once. AM radio only............. hahahaha luckily my truck now is an 05 Silverado. amfm cd! the cd dont work anymore hahaha

Edited by Rusty

My Econoline came with an AM/FM POS Radio... I found a cheap AM/FM/Tape/CD player on ebay for my Econoline. And after I changed my stereo out... Now everyone in my fleet has their own head unit in now, I started a trend at work :P

a trend? cassettes have been around forever hahahaha POKE POKE LOL!!! jsut messin with ya, Kev!

I still use my Cassettes too ;)

I just need to find a good cassette player at the Salvation Army to plug into my home theater so I can record some vinyls to them. That way if I ever forget my Zune, I have my cassettes.

I also use the Cassette Deck in my Taurus SE, seeing as the ever so luxurious EATC System comes with Tape Only in the front, and CD in rear (Or center console, but hell no am I givin that up!)

i was using the cassette deck in my 03 till it ate my Moody Blues tape. hasnt worked right since. of course i took a fist to it at that point.............

Needs some lettering on the side. Like maybe... "free candy" ;) my dad had a 1990 E350 351 V8 White with red seats. This thing would not die. Just wouldn't. You could fill it to the roof and it wouldn't even squat. It just drove smoother. We called it white lightning. Lol

I drove a 2006 E350 Super Duty van for work about a year ago. They handle extremely well considering their "bulk". Mine, however, was an XLT passenger van and came with all the amenities, such as AM/FM/CD stereo and in Florida, you absolutely need A/C.

My work is split between about 22 2003-2007 Ford E-450 Cutaways as well as 17 2008-2009 Chevrolet Express Cutaways.

We switched to the Chevrolets due to ongoing engine problems in the 04-06 Vans, mainly dealing with EGR and severe loss of power.

The Chevrolets have also had engine issues, mainly them smoking, and dumping it into the bus, but also have had interior issues, such as broken driver seats, and every one of the Chevys has had a broken driver sun visor...

One of the 2008 Chevys

4243_113009512976_591627976_2609286_500414_n.jpg

One of the 2006 Fords

l_0375cbf1daa075fb7b61f76c8e47fdf6.jpg

Not a bad van. I love those Eseries. The marines transport van, which was a 2008 E250, that I traveled in was a beast.

-Alex