Hi everyone. 

So, when I was made admin, I had more time on my hands, I could take care of the forum, fixed a lot of issues. But, like all things, life is always in my way. With that said, I apologize for downtime. Our host doesn't have auto bill, but it is because our forum has always run on donations and we pay with Paypal to them. 

With that said, in our account, we have $2.90 left. That will not pay for another month of hosting. 

I will pay for a few more months out of my pocket, but if we don't see donations, I am sad to say we will have to say goodbye to TSOC. I don't have the time to run it as much. 

With that said, we still will accept donations, but I would also welcome someone who can help me with some of our operations. If no one comes forward, I understand. Forums sadly seem to be dying off for the way of different social media. Discord, FaceBook, Twitter, Youtube, etc. The day and age of forums has gone away, however, the amount of useful information on forums is still there, but some of it is sadly broken thanks to services like ImageShack and Photobucket ruining things, making photos unviewable unless whoever posted them pays a premium. That's where we live now. 

TSOC has always been ad free (If you are seeing ads, it isn't on our end). And it will die being ad-free. Unless, well, the forum expires, and someone buys the domain, then puts ads, that's out of my control. 

This community has always been a great community, but with most of our long-time members, none of us drive a Taurus or Sable anymore. The only Ford product I own now is my Thunderbird and I barely even drive that. 

If you wish to donate to continue TSOC, I will continue to breathe life into this thing. You can do so with Paypal, and donate to [email protected] 

For those who would love to help me out, please PM me. Mainly if someone can just let me know, hey the site went down, or hey, something is broken. Someone who wouldn't mind shooting me a text or Facebook message. Another solution is for those who want to remain part of our community, maybe we can switch over to something like Discord. No idea where we are able to go. Feel free to share ideas below, or again, feel free to PM me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, TaurusKev said:

...maybe we can switch over to something like Discord.

So Discord ain't bad since you can offer real time information to people rather quickly.

I presently help moderate CrownVic.Net's Discord server. It's definitely different than being on the forums, but I guess the issue here is presence. CVN has been around for over 20 years as a Panther forum and I know as despicable as TCCA is now after they got bought out, they still manage to catch more folks than we do.

I dunno what presence they have on a more mobile platform, but there might be a good spot for folks needing some information for the platform right now if no one is filling that void. Of course, efficient moderation is required to prevent spam/bots from appearing and you're always gonna get some knuckle dragger just causing general nonsense anyway.

On 6/1/2022 at 9:46 PM, Kodachrome Wolf said:

So Discord ain't bad since you can offer real time information to people rather quickly.

I presently help moderate CrownVic.Net's Discord server. It's definitely different than being on the forums, but I guess the issue here is presence. CVN has been around for over 20 years as a Panther forum and I know as despicable as TCCA is now after they got bought out, they still manage to catch more folks than we do.

I dunno what presence they have on a more mobile platform, but there might be a good spot for folks needing some information for the platform right now if no one is filling that void. Of course, efficient moderation is required to prevent spam/bots from appearing and you're always gonna get some knuckle dragger just causing general nonsense anyway.

I agree, since the domain is valid for a bit longer, maybe redirecting it to the official Discord if donations don't pour in. 

That is awesome to know, I started setting up one for TSOC. If anyone wants to start joining, I created a link here, https://discord.gg/VaDtU2M2kY

If you wanna help out, I'd appreciate any help. Sadly, without investing tons of money to try to get TSOC to outrank TCCA, which means more money, more donations, this place won't go too far. It's always been a nice little community though.