Sign in to follow this  
Inherited2006Taurus

Remote Climate Control (RCC)

I'm in Illinois and am looking for a 2000-2003 Taurus RCC.  I'm converting over to EATC and ran into the same problem others had.  My RCC is from a 2004 Sable and does not directly control the A/C on demand signal with a discrete output.  Price is negotiable...  Or maybe you could point me to a junkyard that you know has an EATC equipped Taurus/Sable from that gen.  Will travel to get it.

Thanks

Edited by Inherited2006Taurus
Errors

On 8/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, Inherited2006Taurus said:

I'm in Illinois and am looking for a 2000-2003 Taurus RCC.  I'm converting over to EATC and ran into the same problem others had.  My RCC is from a 2004 Sable and does not directly control the A/C on demand signal with a discrete output.  Price is negotiable...  Or maybe you could point me to a junkyard that you know has an EATC equipped Taurus/Sable from that gen.  Will travel to get it.

Thanks

Did you get the blower, control box, and module for vacuum and such?

-chart-

Thanks for asking.  I got all that with the RCC from a 2004.  Yes, I got it all again from the 2003.  I decided to just try just installing the RCC (from 2003) with the other 2004 parts and it all works together.  Thanks, taurusKev!.  The 2003 RCC has the A/C on-demand output (pin 13) which is not duplicated in the 2004.  So does anyone know how the 2004 RCC communicates to turn the A/C on.  A friend thought the PCM might have to be reprogrammed

I used a metra kit and put a double din touchscreen in also which was the main reason to go to the EATC.  Now my radio has crapped out, its always something.  Changed the connector and harness out for the radio and it worked for a few minutes then quit again.  It's getting power and ground is good, but nothing happens on the screen.  It's the first Pioneer I've had break in many years of installing them. Last year I took it to a Pioneer repair place west of Chicago, and they said it was fine, check my connector.  So that's why I put a new harness in, but it seems the problem is in the radio