What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

I love the patina on the rest of the car.

The new emblem looks good where you have it.

She ain't no trailer queen, brother! :lol:

Also, I may be trying something else with the grille. Let's see how the weekend goes...

The clunking was getting to me so I had the control arm bushings replaced today and since it was in the shop had the oil changed since I was feeling lazy.

And done. I still need one for the other side, and I gotta get remove the fender emblems. Thoughts?

002-11.jpg

001-14.jpg

003-6.jpg

I'm liking that..............a lot!smile.gif

Around 2 years ago (maybe 3) I bought a 2000 Sable with Vulcan/ AX4N- moonroof and floorshift to fix up and give to a family that needed a car. When I bought it the motor was shot, grill and headlights was busted from a wreck, windshield busted, driver front door damaged beyond repair, suspension, brakes, A/C you name it. Bodywork was simply replacing broken parts, door and windshield. Also added a trans cooler to make it reliable. Today I got it back for a little while because I told the woman I gave it to that I would check out the struts in the rear on my day off. The car is still going strong otherwise.

aa11asable.jpg

Yep, struts blown. Can anyone see anything else wrong in this picture? Hint: it's not drum brakes :) .

aa11sable.jpg

Changed the struts / oil for free and let it go at that for now.

* Changed the blacktop overflow for a cleartop and added a cabin air filter also.

Edited by double--negative

I'm liking the emblem there rusty.

I picked up a screw and had to get a flat repair today. But it was free so whatever.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Helped dad change the front brakes on the Taurus yesterday and then changed the brakes and rotors on the Pontiac today. The Pontiac went a little smoother, but it's also 5 years younger. Rust 'n such dry.gif.

Hey rusty... can I haz old badges?

I got ideas for badging now after talking to vash :)

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Around 2 years ago (maybe 3) I bought a 2000 Sable with Vulcan/ AX4N- moonroof and floorshift to fix up and give to a family that needed a car. When I bought it the motor was shot, grill and headlights was busted from a wreck, windshield busted, driver front door damaged beyond repair, suspension, brakes, A/C you name it. Bodywork was simply replacing broken parts, door and windshield. Also added a trans cooler to make it reliable. Today I got it back for a little while because I told the woman I gave it to that I would check out the struts in the rear on my day off. The car is still going strong otherwise.

Yep, struts blown. Can anyone see anything else wrong in this picture? Hint: it's not drum brakes :) .

aa11sable.jpg

* Changed the blacktop overflow for a cleartop and added a cabin air filter also.

What is wrapped around the coil?

Side note: I :wub: G4 green.

Hey rusty... can I haz old badges?

I got ideas for badging now after talking to vash :)

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Not getting rid of them yet. Ideas rolling through my brain. I have a set from a Contour, I think they are the same, you want 'em?

Center caps on my alloy wheels are starting to corrode, and the clearcoat is peeling

This for '01 Sable.

I wiped the clearcoat with a rag and laquer thinner to dull it and sanded the corroded areas.

Painted with Duplicolor wheel paint and clearcoat.

Did 2 of them today as I have spares.

Just my little project.

-chart-

Can anyone see anything else wrong in this picture? Hint: it's not drum brakes :) .

aa11sable.jpg

Sway bar link broke/missing?

Dannnng. That looks like the 93 Taurus I was working on last night. More oil was outside the strut than inside it.

A floor shift/Vulcan sable with a moonroof is a great combo. Nice of you to help the family out.

Today I cleaned a bird turd off the 2000.

Got a new PCV valve for my SEL. The heated unit for a 2004+ Vulcan is ~$78 straight from a dealer... VatoZone don't carry it. dry.gif

I'll also be swapping my current set of Duralast Gold ceramic pads, 27k miles in for the front/7k miles for the rear, for the Duralast Gold Cmax pads when I paint all of my calipers. Planning to do this over the weekend of June 3rd- depending on whether my work schedule changes soon due to a promotion that I'm in the running for... ph34r.gifhappy.gif

Got a new PCV valve for my SEL. The heated unit for a 2004+ Vulcan is ~$78 straight from a dealer... VatoZone don't carry it. dry.gif

Dude...have you heard of RockAuto???

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=508637

$34.79 + 8 bucks shipping, add 5% discount. and it's still nearing half the price of the stealer price for the same dang thing.

That reminds me, it's about time I do Marilyn's.

1337736961[/url]' post='47257']

Dude...have you heard of RockAuto???

http://www.rockauto....o.php?pk=508637

$34.79 + 8 bucks shipping, add 5% discount. and it's still nearing half the price of the stealer price for the same dang thing.

Oh, fuuuuuuuuuu mellow.gif

aa11asable.jpg

aa11sable.jpg

Is that a lead stick on weight on the drum?

Is that a lead stick on weight on the drum?

Yea. Both my 87 and 00 have lead weights on the drums. Both of them are stamped with the Ford logo.

Yea. Both my 87 and 00 have lead weights on the drums. Both of them are stamped with the Ford logo.

I've never seen them on the drum before, I've seen the regular clip on type and then the stick on ones for the inside of fancy rims, my buddies dad has those on his perfect condition Impala SS rims.

aa11asable.jpg

aa11sable.jpg

Dude chill on the WD40 that s**t only stops squeaks on door hinges. i'll be laughing when that strut falls apart. :ph34r::lol:

joking, nice oil leak

It's a steel weight spot welded to the drum...see how it rusted along w/ the drum? Not common, considering how casting/machining has improved, but not unheard of.