What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Bit by bit, Marilyn is getting back to her true form. Just did the front PCV hose this afternoon. Rear PCV connection already done. Need the intake hose from the MAF to the throttle body next, and that should be all done then. Coolant flush whenever I get around to it.

Before:

001-6.jpg

After:

002-3.jpg

She's happier now :D

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

"Macho" (the wifey and daughter likes likes to call our bull) has been acting up lately, although nothing major, the time and effort to do the repairs has been a real pain. BTW thanks vash for the cam synchro tip, that was spot on!

So after struggling to put the synchro in, my throttle gasket went bad so I had to do that after 2 days. I still am not satisfied as I hear an air sucking sound if I give a quick tap the gas pedal (siiik is the sound) before the rev goes up, idle is okay and so far no stumbling during acceleration. So going back, after putting the gasket in, i started macho up, then noticed a bad smell then saw smoke on the passenger side of the engine bay,Trimmed it as much as i can put in that silicone tape, still leaked, added a new screw on clamp, so far so good. I have not tried running the car yet since. :( In anticipation for the worst, do I have to remove the front bumper if i were to replace the entire hosee? Why do most store clerks refer to that hose as the upper radiator hose when it is not? The upper radiator hose is bigger and sits on the driver side of the engine. Been to 2 O'reillys and 1 Autozone and they keep on giving me the same thing. I managed to eyeball the exact hose size but I need the exact part to make sure it has the exact same bends. Sigh.... But this experience has made me even closer to my bull:)

Guest Shadowfax

I changed the oil and filter on the Taurus for the 56th time since I bought the car. Car now has 167,000 miles. Whenever I get a new car, I always change the oil and filter after the 1st 1000 miles, then at the 3000 mile mark, then every 3000 miles thereafter. I just can't let it go to 5000 or 7500 miles..I've been changing the oil every 3000 miles for the past 40 years.

Got the statement from the credit union the other day. The bull is now fully paid off! WOOT.gifHappyDance2.gif

[offtopic] In other news my buddy went and bought himself a fire engine. He has no clue what he's doing so I've been giving him a crash course in what little I know about turbo diesels.

I'm also looking forward to training later this month to be a natural gas floorhand. Goodbye f**king UPS. [/offtopic]

Got the statement from the credit union the other day. The bull is now fully paid off! WOOT.gifHappyDance2.gif

Awesome!!! Marilyn may be paid off shortly, too.

Cross-posted from Rex's thread:

Put the Mr.Gasket spring spacers in! They don't do much, but it helps!!!

post-12-0-33045300-1331438978_thumb.gif

I made this to show the difference... I had to crop out the trunk though cause it distracts you cause I left it open :/

I put LED's behind the reflectors in the doors.

door lights

That looks good, I like that idea! Welcome to the :tsoc: BTW

Turns out that my recent brake noise issues were actually the result of a bad caliper on the passenger-side rear knuckle. Got that replaced today. :mellow:

Turns out that my recent brake noise issues were actually the result of a bad caliper on the passenger-side rear knuckle. Got that replaced today. :mellow:

Bah. The other three still worked, right? Why waste the money when only one is bad? Just take it off. :lol:

What are you talking about, that fender is CLEAN :lol:

Car looks good, man.

I set of coil spacers (I love birthday money!). I was going to put them on today but it's been raining/snowing the last couple days and my driveway is a mudpit. I got papco brand instead since there was only one mr.gasket in stock. They look and feel like the same quality to me.

Oh, forgot to mention that I replaced my Bosch Icon frameless wipers today with the Michelin equivalent- it's called a 'Stealth'.

Now that the season doesn't seem likely to bring us any more snowfall (ph34r.gif), I'm also going to be reinstalling the painted SHO rocker panels and Gen 4.0 grille this week to set my car back to "summer mode".

my car needs a good wash, i haven't washed her in two months, i most times i wash her every week.

Who knew changing the oil would be such a pain in the ass? The bolt is round at the top, someone really messed that thing up. that joint ain't coming lose.

Guess got to take it to my dad's shop were i have some better tools, maybe then i can get it lose.

Marilyn looks very happy! smile.gif

She is! She has been in a very good mood lately since the new pipe for the crankcase ventilation was installed. :D

Pretty good, but I haven't gotten around to try the oil base yet, this is still the water base. Long as I don't use cleaner product ont he tires, it doesn't rinse off. Had the pressure washer on it today, actually, to get the mud off, and it didn't hurt it at all.

Finished de stickering my car... some d***he decided to shred off my kicker logos, the K&N sticker, and i had a really nice 509 sleds sticker. all ripped to s**t.

took off EVERYthing for repping except my GL badge, gas tank decal and TSOC ID paper.

Some people...mad.gif

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Friend is parting out his '94 SHO, so I got the tires (and SHO slicers) for $400...

gy_eagle_gt_ci2_l.jpg

Yep, Eagle GT's... Car handles the same in the dry but I'm really impressed with the wet. Car still hydroplanes when there's a good old dump of Vancouver rain, but it just seems more "predictable", doesnt want to pull one way or the other. Makes hydroplaning an overall much less scary event. :)

On the 1st of the month it rolled over this milestone (of kilometers, I should mention)

IMG_4802.jpg

aaand it rolled over 326K yesterday... so at this rate it'll have the equivalent of 203,000 miles by the 22nd or 23rd.

Planning on putting the Mustang together this month, so in the summer when the GT is my daily driver, I'm going to rip the Taurus apart and give it all the service that it's so desperately crying for!

Until then, it'll just have to keep getting me to school :P

Edited by ilh

Today Marilyn got a 5-minute headlight refresh. Went from s**t to shine! Like new :D

0314121321.jpg

i was so board today and a little mad. so just for a little smile and chuckle, i remove the cats. had it coming straight out the headers.

ah good fun had a little ricer moment there.:biggerGrin: then after taking a drive around the block i put everything back on. don't want my car sounding like that. all the time lol.

Here's a video