Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Replaced the front windshield back in March since it had a nice little crack in the corner.

Now I need to go back to the company and get them to fix the rear view mirror mount, just fell off during the night.

Got it done by Binswanger since they are an authorized dealer for Carlite Glass.

On the 04+, there is a tube extending from the airbox, into the fenderwell. It is in the exact same position, and serves the same purpose as the Air Intake Silncer. Its a silencing tube, though it isn't sealed; its about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Basically, its like holding a paper towel tube over your nose and breathing.

On the 04+, there is a tube extending from the airbox, into the fenderwell. It is in the exact same position, and serves the same purpose as the Air Intake Silncer. Its a silencing tube, though it isn't sealed; its about 6 inches long and 2 inches in diameter. Basically, its like holding a paper towel tube over your nose and breathing.

But..........

It also makes sure the car isn't sucking in warm air, if you take that off it will get more hot air than cold air

Its the same thing as pre-04. Its a hole in the air box, near the fenderwell. Its not going to harm the car any. It OPENED up the tone, which is exactly what I was looking for. I'm not trying to race my vulcan. That's retarded. I have a Town Car and an SHO for going fast.

:Picard2:

Ummm, it doesn't matter if you are going to race it or not, Hot air is not good for the motor.

Anthony, the car isn't breathing warm air. At least it isn't breathing any more warm air then a cone filter stuck on the end of the MAF. The shortened intake tube gives a bit more air, easier, then going through the tube. The one degree of air temp aint gonna change a thing.

Finally! Someone who knows what they are talking about!! Thanks Hotshot.

So.... More hot air... burn more gas.. just for some sound with less MPGs and less power because the car has to change the fuel ratio to burn more. Okay that makes sense.

Hey Sho, Don't act like others around here don't know anything, just because I think other wise and question your judgment does not give you the right to say things, like i do not know anything.

Anthony,

What I do to my car is no concern of yours. As I previously stated earlier, that the one maybe two degree temperature difference will be no differnt than a warm day versus a hot day. Why have you been picking it apart? And also, I never once said or acted like the others around here don't know anything. I simply believe that YOU, do not know anything. Any other questions you would like me to answer?

Now, back to the topic at hand.

• Like 1

Also, do me a favor and look up temperatures and the heat index for Tulsa, OK.

I am not picking anything I am questioning the practicality of it and the point. It is your car, but nothing says I'm not allowed to question why. We are quite the happy family here at :tsoc:. I don't see what your issue is with being questioned. I'm sorry if it bothers you but its a forum and i don't see the problem with asking why. For you to think i do not know anything is quite sad on your part all things considered, because I would say I know these cars like the back of my hand. i think the only person with an issue is you on here going after me because i asked why.

hmmmm How nice...

Oh and honestly no matter the heat temperatures, it will be much cooler pulling out side air, than pulling air from inside the motor, where you live has nothing to do with it.

100 Degrees compared to 200 degrees ya that makes sense..

Liar Brian!!! Lol. Not missing anything much though.

Liar Brian!!! Lol. Not missing anything much though.

Wait, what?

Lets see..... Took the passenger mirror off to put heated glass in, got really muddy, left the windows down in a severe rainstorm, drove to work several times and filled with several tanks of gas... yep. That's how my week went.

@ Brian. I mean the centennial badge. Your car isn't really missing anything from the cent addition. Hope that clarifies what I meant. Haha

Last Night... I added my Leather wrapped wheel!

20100730114205.jpg

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Thank you again Baby Cakes for the wheel! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've spent the past week offroading it... :lol:

The streets in my subdivision are all being ripped up and repaved from scratch, so the Silver Bull has been traversing odd mounds of loosely-packed sand, gravel, and often deep mud every single day this week. They should be done with the repaving by this weekend... hopefully. :ph34r:

I'd like to point out that a Taurus can drive across (and through) deep sand. Maybe it's only the Duratec cars that have trouble doing that... sorry, Kal. ;)

Put the stock wheels back on the '97 GL after a good cleaning. Go figure, my sister somehow found a mud puddle to drive through today so they're dirty again <_<

Installed 96 Premium Sound RCU and swapped the grille logos to match. I like it over the Gen 4 MACH RCU...at least with the 2 way Pioneers. And wiped dust off of the EATC/ICP screen. Car is in dire need of an interior cleanup...dusty dusty.

Anthony, the car isn't breathing warm air. At least it isn't breathing any more warm air then a cone filter stuck on the end of the MAF. The shortened intake tube gives a bit more air, easier, then going through the tube. The one degree of air temp aint gonna change a thing.

98.SHO

I have done the silencer removal on both my 96 Sable duratec, and 04 Sable Duratec. I have a scan gauge hooked up and one of the parameters I read is Intake air temperature. You are right the intake temperature is raised slightly on average 1-5 degrees F on most days. An on real hot days maybe 10-12 degrees F. For every +10 degrees F the car will pickup 1 mpg. Ford Scientific Lab (Ford Motor Co) wrote an SAE paper on this subject based on the testing they did.

If a person ever looked at a stock American made cars from the 60-70's all the engines air snorkels where located inside the engine compartment.