• Like 1
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

That stinks... :(

Yeah, bumper cover, hood, grille, and A/C condenser to start.

$4k and climbing! Thankfully all covered by insurance

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.... Add an extra 1.5k and I completely redid a Thunderbird lol

• Like 2
On 5/1/2017 at 10:30 AM, SHOenough said:

Hope you guys are having a good Monday. Mine, well, it didn't start off so great:

IMG_20170501_081300_smaller.jpg

Mmmm, fresh turkey. 

1 hour ago, mmmfloorpie said:

I saw a dead wild turkey on the side of the highway the other day... Weird!

It's spring hunting season for turkey as well as mating season.  Males are on the lookout for hens and oblivious to minor things like cars that are about to run them down ! 

• Like 1

Hitting a turkey sucks, they make a big mess. We have them like crazy around NE Wisconsin. Apparently to the point where people in Appleton Wisconsin thought they had to call the police because groups of turkeys were walking though their neighborhood. I honestly think they should be considered small game here in Wisconsin instead of having their own seasons.

At least your car isn't brand new, last fall a guy I work with bought a new Silverado and the next week he hit a deer and smashed the front end in.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Thub said:

Hitting a turkey sucks, they make a big mess. We have them like crazy around NE Wisconsin. Apparently to the point where people in Appleton Wisconsin thought they had to call the police because groups of turkeys were walking though their neighborhood. I honestly think they should be considered small game here in Wisconsin instead of having their own seasons.

At least your car isn't brand new, last fall a guy I work with bought a new Silverado and the next week he hit a deer and smashed the front end in.

A friend of mine lives in Oswego, one of the far southwest suburbs of Chicago and about as close as you get around here to being "out in the boondocks"... there are roaming flocks of wild turkeys there that apparently chase and harass the neighbors and sometimes even pets left outside in their yard. 

10 hours ago, Thub said:

Apparently to the point where people in Appleton Wisconsin thought they had 

Huh, small world. My boss used to live in Appleton, just moved about a month ago.

10 hours ago, Thub said:

Yeah, and even funnier is that its the same body shop that fixed the damage from the car wash fiasco.

Back when I lived in CT I worked with a guy who had a brand new BMW 550. He brought it into work the day after he bought it, gave me a ride and went home that night. On the way home, at 85mph on I-84 just after the interchange with I-91, a deer decided to play chicken. The deer pretty much exploded (I saw the pictures) but so did the front of the car. He was perfectly fine, aside from being livid that his car with ~100 miles on it was totaled. Once he got the insurance cheque he just went and bought another one.

14 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Mmmm, fresh turkey. 

I thought about asking the guys i work with if any of them wanted it. But, i was sure as hell not putting it in my trunk, also I hit it doing 70+ so I'm sure all the bones were smashed.

Had my shop replace the A/C Condenser, & Radiator. Bring the car home and it stops blowing cold the next day so I bring it back to them and they find one of the seals is bad. NBD, replace, recharge, test pressure, all is good, but they couldn't get the clutch to kick in. Tested high and low pressure switches and found high pressure switch was bad. Replaced high pressure switch at no charge. A/C is now frigid and no more leaking ATF from the condenser/trans cooler combo unit. 

En route to my house via mail is 4x tire pressure sensors, 2x MKS wheels, and 2x Mountaineer center caps. If everything arrives on time I should be able to get them on the car next week. 

Also purchased Sam's old SCT tuner, he shipped it on Monday and it will be here soon so I can get the strategy code in order to make the tune he had on his Sable compatible with my PCM. 

Stay tuned! :D

So Nationwide has an online tool thing which allows me to scrutinize the whole thing start to finish.

This was todays update:

ResizeImage.jpg

...That radiator does look bent. We'll see what they say.

• Like 2

Sable got a new cabin air filter, also looking around for a more permanent air filter. Buying the spectre pods every year isn't the best plan...I have 3 pod filters laying around now lol 

• Like 1

The Sable's new setup. 09-12 Lincoln MKS 18x7.5" Wheels & WIDE 245/50R18 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S Tires, finished off with 06-11 Mercury Mountaineer Center Caps. 

18406332_464024277270605_2037829388_o_zp
18379574_464024340603932_779292189_o_zps
18406451_464024293937270_1795309394_o_zp
18426743_464024323937267_2090003952_o_zp

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

The Sable's new setup. 09-12 Lincoln MKS 18x7.5" Wheels & WIDE 245/50R18 Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S Tires, finished off with 06-11 Mercury Mountaineer Center Caps. 

Man, the PNW is so pretty.

• Like 1

Those pictures make me miss my Sable....only slightly.  It's a beautiful car Josh!  I do not miss the terrible fuel economy.  I'm sure you're noticing that Betty is slightly thirsty....compared to your other Taurus cars.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Those pictures make me miss my Sable....only slightly.  It's a beautiful car Josh!  I do not miss the terrible fuel economy.  I'm sure you're noticing that Betty is slightly thirsty....compared to your other Taurus cars.

Thanks Jeff! Actually Betty gets noticeably better MPG than say Eleanor. I do a good mix of city and highway driving anymore so it's been hovering around 17-18MPG which is WAY better than Eleanor ever was lol. 

Haven't done much with the Sable wagon lately except drive it, and this morning I helped a coworker bring home a new lawnmower from Lowes... he has a sedan and it wouldn't fit. :P  She's just now rolling over to 119,000 miles. 

• Like 1

Supposed to get the SHO back Friday but got a notice that it would now be Monday.

Well here is today's update:

ResizeImage (1).jpg

...I might not get it back today

EDIT: Just talked to the body shop: Needed a Radiator and Radiator support as well. God Damn, that was a big turkey.

Edited by SHOenough
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Supposed to get the SHO back Friday but got a notice that it would now be Monday.

ResizeImage (1).jpg

EDIT: Just talked to the body shop: Needed a Radiator and Radiator support as well. God Damn, that was a big turkey.

Happy fucking Thanksgiving! :P 

On 5/11/2017 at 5:18 AM, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Thanks Jeff! Actually Betty gets noticeably better MPG than say Eleanor. I do a good mix of city and highway driving anymore so it's been hovering around 17-18MPG which is WAY better than Eleanor ever was lol. 

See you say 17-18mpg isn't bad but I think that is horrible for that car, considering I am getting 15mpg in a 6000lb truck and I'm not afraid to let the ecoboost loose once and a while. I think its mainly because the ecoboost is so powerful that for normal driving it isn't even breaking a sweat, its basically just idling even up to 60mph.

20 hours ago, SHOenough said:

ResizeImage (1).jpg

Think of the improved heat dissapation and weight reduction! Cool mods bro.

• Like 1