What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

On 4/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Nope, no sunroof.  Water is coming in from the bottom on the driver side, looks closest to the emergency brake area. 

Our '02 SEL is doing the same thing (we have a sunroof but it's not leaking). Cannot find the leak for the life of me. Even Gerry's fix did not solve my problem. 

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

On 4/7/2017 at 6:02 PM, TaurusKev said:

Avoid the Focus/Fiesta with the dual clutch crap transmission. Go with a Fusion if you want Automatic transmission. But if you're willing to take manual, a Focus/Fiesta should be nice :)

I would be more worried about Matt obtaining an ex rental vehicle than obtaining one with the DCT. 

29 minutes ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

I would be more worried about Matt obtaining an ex rental vehicle than obtaining one with the DCT. 

Both Taurii I have owned started their lives as rentals. Doesn't really bother me. I guarantee I have put my current car through far more hell than any rental driver.

49 minutes ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Our '02 SEL is doing the same thing (we have a sunroof but it's not leaking). Cannot find the leak for the life of me. Even Gerry's fix did not solve my problem. 

I think its the grommet by the emergency brake. It's the wettest area. I'm contacting Waterdoc.com tomorrow to see what they can do for me.  I almost started tearing it apart this afternoon but realized a: it required getting down on my  hands and knees, not easy with a bad back and  b: I have no clue what I'm doing even if I do find the leak! 

• Like 1

I got the SHO unwrapped this weekend. Fired right up no effort with that V8 roar. Took it for a quick spin to get it warmed up, everything seemed to be good.

That bright red sure looks good sitting next to the dark metallic blue F150. The SHO V8 is like the exact opposite of the Ecoboost so it was a interesting driving experience. Although both vehicles have the same issue...its hard to keep your foot out of them. Not looking at any numbers or figures it sure feels like that 6000lb truck could out run the 3300lb SHO with ease, the Ecoboost never feels like it runs out of power it just keeps pulling. Its gotta be around 7 seconds 0-60, and I know the SHO isn't that fast.

Picked up the SHO Wednesday from the body shop. Talked to the women who handled the paperwork and it turns out that she owns a black Chevy SS with Holden badges. So we talked about cars for a while.

Friday the SHO got its first oil change, 1k over the 5k mark. Tires rotated as well.

Got a call about 1.5 hours later recommending new wipers, air filter, and cabin air filter, so I stopped by %GENERIC_AUTO_PARTS_STORE to get them afterwards. Engine looked fine but I changed it because why not. Wipers were due, and when I took the cabin air filter out it was disgusting. Unfortunately for whatever reason my first reaction was to turn it upside-down while it was still in the car. Well, the SHO got a vacuum that night as well thanks to my brilliance.

• Like 3

I've always had a problem with the windshield in Third Bull. Never could get it clean. I read up on pitting and decided to have Safelite put in a new one. Cost was reasonable. 

First the technician is 2 hours late. OK, shit happens, and he did call me at the last minute.  

I pointed out to him that I have a dash cam that is hard wired and showed her where to be very careful. 

Of course, he cut the cam cable. Now I have to go get it rewired. They'll pay for it, but it's just the annoyance factor of having someone disregard what I said and then having to take the time to go back to the shop where the cam was installed. default_banghead.gif

And yes, I can see so much better now. 

Safelite were the ones who scraped and dented the pillar on my 09 Sable.  They did fix it and gave me no hassle about it.  I just didn't like the hassle of being without my car.  They paid for a cheap rental too, though.  I won't use them again most likely though because of it.

Safelite does the window repairs/replacements on our Ford E450 vans and as far as I know, there haven't been any issues. I still wouldn't recommend them for work on a personal vehicle.  They also forgot to mention they would have to break the glass and cut it out where my Penndot inspection stickers are. That's something else I have to go get replaced. :angry:

Safelite cut my dashboard on my 2000 Taurus.

their glass is made in China more and more these days - cheap quality too if you look at the waves and imperfections.

so

not recommended.

Nick,  

The windshield I put in my Impala is FY brand from China.  I noticed on my Fusion it was branded FUYAO along with the Carlite stamp.  I googled FY and they are one in the same company.   So Ford is  putting this Chinese glass in as OEM.  It may be different quality.....can't really say on that.

Safelite house brand is XYG....not sure who it's made by.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff
Both Taurii I have owned started their lives as rentals. Doesn't really bother me. I guarantee I have put my current car through far more hell than any rental driver.

I'm throwing my vote for you next car as a manual trans focus or fiesta. Ford quality really has come up in the last bunch of years and they are good cars. Sorry to hear about the demise of your taurus. It's a shame to loose another Merlot car

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

The 2011 had its windshield replaced by Safelite, they did a good job but it wasn't Ford quality glass.

At 70mph it was significantly louder - very disappointed, I won't use them again unless they agree to replace with Ford glass

• Like 2

The glass is OK as far as noise. Had it out on the freeway yesterday and can't complain.

What I can complain about is more crap workmanship I discovered today. The shop that did the original cam install left about a 1/4" square opening for wires. It was all nice and neat. 

Now the opening is at least 1" square and the header is all wrinkled up. I'm so mad at myself for letting Safelite do the repair. I'm hoping the car cam shop can fix this.  mess. 

58f3cf251563f_WP_20170416_010(2).thumb.jpg.a75e187b8f1804a405874b17f1534b80.jpg

This all makes me feel even more concerned about ever having to get new windshield glass on either car. I don't want someone fucking up my dashboard or any wiring in the headliner or A-pillars on the wagon, and it turns out that nobody even makes new replacement windshields anymore for Fox body Mustang convertibles (the hatchbacks and coupes use a different, taller piece of glass that is still available). 

Shitty workmanship .  Wow.  Sorry Sandy.

Brian there is one company that does do replacement glass.  Two actually.  One in the U S.  one in Canada.  I'll get those names for you.

This is so me. Spur of the moment decisions ... I was coming home from somewhere last weekend and realized how hard it was to see thru the windshield at night. 

I could either get the windshield replaced or make sure I don't stay out after dark. Windshield replacement seemed more logical and practical. Ahhh if I only knew then what I know now.  

The cam shop is a good place and does quality work. I know they can rewire it. I'm hoping they have some kind of plastic face plate  they can put over the hole and straighten out the header. If they can't it will be a constant reminder to me to not act in haste ever again. 

Sandy,

File a claim with safelite if the can shop cannot make it presentable.  They gave me zero hassle in fixing my car.

Jeff

7 hours ago, Jaybrooks said:

Wow I wanna know that hoes I want to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a list..

17976633_10209500598176500_254303031_o (1).png

It truly is full bolt on job, everything works and everything just bolts on lol 

Edited by ShelbyRacer78
  • Like 2