Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

25 minutes ago, Gentz said:

ARE THEY?

Nick why aren't you using your psychic powers to inherently know things anymore?   You should KNOW!

Those two new Motorcraft COPs definitely took care of the problem. :) Getting access to them on the rear bank was a colossal PITA. 

Maybe Vulcans do have one or two advantages over Duratecs... :ph34r: 

8 minutes ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Hmmmmmmmm

20170401_185159_zps3etuy1np.jpg

Milan wheels? 

2 minutes ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Milan wheels? 

10-12 MKS/MKX/MKZ, with 06-11 Mountaineer center caps :D

21 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Those two new Motorcraft COPs definitely took care of the problem. :) Getting access to them on the rear bank was a colossal PITA. 

Maybe Vulcans do have one or two advantages over Duratecs... :ph34r: 

Wait until you have to do an alternator.  The bank 1 is e-z. Leave everything connected to the plenum. Zip out the upper plenum bolts. Shift/move the plenum a couple of inches and plenty of room.

• Like 1

Back to the wet carpet on the driver side...:(

Local Ford dealer had my car all day. Finally at 2 pm I called to see the status. They had it all torn apart but couldn't finish until tomorrow. That leaves me carless. Told him I was not happy about either paying for a rental or staying off work for a day.  They put it all back together by 5 pm, but still couldn't find the leak on the driver side.  I'm not sure what to do now. I'm certainly not taking it back to LM Smith Ford. (My usual mechanic is short staffed and admits not real experienced with this problem.)

Anyone else ever have this wet carpet problem ? 

1 hour ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Back to the wet carpet on the driver side...:(

Local Ford dealer had my car all day. Finally at 2 pm I called to see the status. They had it all torn apart but couldn't finish until tomorrow. That leaves me carless. Told him I was not happy about either paying for a rental or staying off work for a day.  They put it all back together by 5 pm, but still couldn't find the leak on the driver side.  I'm not sure what to do now. I'm certainly not taking it back to LM Smith Ford. (My usual mechanic is short staffed and admits not real experienced with this problem.)

Anyone else ever have this wet carpet problem ? 

Do you have a sunroof?

Nope, no sunroof.  Water is coming in from the bottom on the driver side, looks closest to the emergency brake area. 

• Like 1

Not saying this is your problem but one of my friends had family that had a Ford 500 that had a similar issue. The whole firewall was just bad and leaked water in everywhere.

Probably some seam opened up somewhere on your firewall and is letting water slip in.

13 hours ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Nope, no sunroof.  Water is coming in from the bottom on the driver side, looks closest to the emergency brake area. 

Does it leak when stationary, or only when driving in the rain? If both, is one a noticeably worse leak?

There is a spot on driver side that leaks.  It's described on Taurus Club.

my aunt called water doctors for my cousins 09 Escspe . They fixed it. Franchised company - they do good work.

http://www.waterdoctors.com/usa/pennsylvania.htm

give a few of them a call based on locality to see if they can fix it.

Had a similar issue on a Honda Civic. A grommet for the parking brake cable had popped out from behind the fender allowing water to puddle in the driver's floor board. 

Took the car for inspection and, as I expected, it failed miserably due to the rocker panels having gone missing from cancer. So I am now in the market for a used car. Looking at Fiestas, Focii and Fusions right now. Might end up with something else. I only have 5 requirements for a new car at the moment:

1. Budget limit of $8000,

2. Nothing older than 7 years. I will not take out a loan on something older than that,

3. Must be a 4 cylinder. Gas savings will be part of the car payment,

4. No trucks/suv's/crossovers or AWD. Sedan preferred but willing to go with a hatch,

5. Cruise control. I am willing to let this one slide but only if it's a screamin' deal.

I have till the end of the month to find something. I am willing to drive several hours if a nice car is found. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angrod said:

Took the car for inspection and, as I expected, it failed miserably due to the rocker panels having gone missing from cancer. So I am now in the market for a used car. Looking at Fiestas, Focii and Fusions right now. Might end up with something else. I only have 5 requirements for a new car at the moment:

1. Budget limit of $8000,

2. Nothing older than 7 years. I will not take out a loan on something older than that,

3. Must be a 4 cylinder. Gas savings will be part of the car payment,

4. No trucks/suv's/crossovers or AWD. Sedan preferred but willing to go with a hatch,

5. Cruise control. I am willing to let this one slide but only if it's a screamin' deal.

I have till the end of the month to find something. I am willing to drive several hours if a nice car is found. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Avoid the Focus/Fiesta with the dual clutch crap transmission. Go with a Fusion if you want Automatic transmission. But if you're willing to take manual, a Focus/Fiesta should be nice :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

Avoid the Focus/Fiesta with the dual clutch crap transmission. Go with a Fusion if you want Automatic transmission. But if you're willing to take manual, a Focus/Fiesta should be nice :)

4 cylinder Fusion 2013+ is not very fuel efficient fyi lol. At least not the Ecoboosts.

Really? I would assume it is decent.

8 minutes ago, mmmfloorpie said:

4 cylinder Fusion 2013+ is not very fuel efficient fyi lol. At least not the Ecoboosts.

Mine does pretty well.  Holding pretty steady at 25-25.5 mpg city.  37 highway if you don't flog it and stay around 60.  Interstate speeds 80 mph.....roughly 30 mpg.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff

As nice as the Ecoboost would be I think I will stick with naturally aspirated. Less things to break. And yeah, I'm avoiding any auto trans Fiesta/Focus like the plague. I had the chance to ride in an auto Fiesta; the transmission was not pleasant. Letting a computer control a manual trans does NOT make it an automatic IMO.

Now I need to pull some things out of the car before I get rid of it. My custom stereo setup is coming out for sure as well as the autodim mirror. Not sure about anything else. I'm going to miss it. I've learned its behaviors and habits quite well in almost 7 years and a little over 100,000 miles of ownership. I have beat this thing into the dirt the entire time and it still keeps going. I will probably go through some mild withdrawal as I have become rather attached to it what with all the surgeries I performed on it myself. And all the trips to car meets. And everything else I have done with it.

Maybe I should have a memorial service............................ ok, that's going too far, lol. I am ready for something newer though. Let the car shopping commence!

• Like 2

And having ridden in a Fusion, it's a nice car, so I would say go that route. :)

Of course if you're willing to look outside of Ford, I will say the 4 Cyl Impala was the most impressive large sedan I've ever driven in terms of economy, size, and modest performance. It definitely had way more powerful than a 4 Cyl Mustang LX :lol:

On 4/8/2017 at 6:30 AM, Angrod said:

As nice as the Ecoboost would be I think I will stick with naturally aspirated. Less things to break. And yeah, I'm avoiding any auto trans Fiesta/Focus like the plague. I had the chance to ride in an auto Fiesta; the transmission was not pleasant. Letting a computer control a manual trans does NOT make it an automatic IMO.

Now I need to pull some things out of the car before I get rid of it. My custom stereo setup is coming out for sure as well as the autodim mirror. Not sure about anything else. I'm going to miss it. I've learned its behaviors and habits quite well in almost 7 years and a little over 100,000 miles of ownership. I have beat this thing into the dirt the entire time and it still keeps going. I will probably go through some mild withdrawal as I have become rather attached to it what with all the surgeries I performed on it myself. And all the trips to car meets. And everything else I have done with it.

Maybe I should have a memorial service............................ ok, that's going too far, lol. I am ready for something newer though. Let the car shopping commence!

The Focus with 1.0 Ecoboost has a traditional 6 speed automatic but as you said you don't want an EB lol. 

That is good to know, because I really did love my Focus, just hated that worthless transmission. And with the new version of Sync, I know folks who know how to unlock Navigation ;)

However, just because it has a turbo doesn't mean you should worry. EcoBoost applications have proven themselves as long lasting as long as you do basic maintenance. And being in a salt belt, you'll probably lose your car before you lose your turbo.

I also might bet that EcoBoost 1.0 Focuses aren't going to be under the $8k price range yet. I am too lazy to research this.

5 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

That is good to know, because I really did love my Focus, just hated that worthless transmission. And with the new version of Sync, I know folks who know how to unlock Navigation ;)

However, just because it has a turbo doesn't mean you should worry. EcoBoost applications have proven themselves as long lasting as long as you do basic maintenance. And being in a salt belt, you'll probably lose your car before you lose your turbo.

I also might bet that EcoBoost 1.0 Focuses aren't going to be under the $8k price range yet. I am too lazy to research this.

I am asauming the Fiesta with 1.0 EB also has the traditional auto but not 100% sure on that.

Those go for cheap.

Pulled all of my aftermarket stereo equipment this afternoon (line driver, EQ, sub amp, PIE aux.) SonicDOOF™ is no more. Not sure what I will do with the equipment. Also pulled the front Pioneer speakers and put the factory ones back in. Going to do the speakers in the rear shelf tomorrow along with the autodim mirror.

And all this was done after I disassembled the lawn mower engine for the THIRD TIME!!!!! :angryfire: :banghead2: