Jump to content

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

This fucking car.

Always with the random misfire, I think it might be terminal. The only solution I can see is 3.2 Yamaha.

ea76a681d72cd4df2133b5abcb7c4d60.jpg

 

Sent from my Pocket Potato

 

 

Sounds like your solution would be more than fitting given everything else done with that car.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Replaced the seat cushion heater element. Didn't fix my inop heated seat (common issue as per a TSB for all Gen 5's built before 12/2006) so I've ordered the back rest heater element. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam had bad luck with Dorman heater pads.  He said they burned out after a day or so.  I never had that problem with my 09

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, Jeff said:

Sam had bad luck with Dorman heater pads.  He said they burned out after a day or so.  I never had that problem with my 09

The TSB was for cars built before December 2007, so yours wouldn't have been affected. Dorman was what all was readily available unfortunately. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the SHO is out of commission for 2 weeks.

While at a car wash on Saturday, it ripped the SHO emblem off the front and beat the side of the car with it. Dents, chips, deep scratches, you name it. Even got the trunk lid and the car behind me before it got dislodged.

The car wash is paying for everything, including the rental up to $60/day.

I found that with my corporate discount I was able to get a 4-Runner for $55/day, so of course I picked that. Imagine my surprise when they told me that the body on frame, 4WD vehicle I had selected had been replaced with "or similar". A 4CYL NA Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

I'm calling Hertz locations around Cola to see if I can swap with an actual 4-Runner.

Update: No one has a 4-Runner. But I did manage to bag me a Pathfinder! At least that has a V6

Edited by SHOenough
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Well, the SHO is out of commission for 2 weeks.

While at a car wash on Saturday, it ripped the SHO emblem off the front and beat the side of the car with it. Dents, chips, deep scratches, you name it. Even got the trunk lid and the car behind me before it got dislodged.

The car wash is paying for everything, including the rental up to $60/day.

I found that with my corporate discount I was able to get a 4-Runner for $55/day, so of course I picked that. Imagine my surprise when they told me that the body on frame, 4WD vehicle I had selected had been replaced with "or similar". A 4CYL NA Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

I'm calling Hertz locations around Cola to see if I can swap with an actual 4-Runner.

Update: No one has a 4-Runner. But I did manage to bag me a Pathfinder! At least that has a V6

 

4Runner = Santa Fe Sport made me LMAO. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

 

4Runner = Santa Fe Sport made me LMAO. 

I'm actually a little upset. The Pathfinder is better, but its still not a damned 4-Runner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I picked it up from the Transmission shop last night.  All done. So far seems to drive just fine. Transmission wise.

it pulls to left when accelerating. It's straight if coasting or braking. Both front wheels have a little play at 3-9. Gota figure out if tie Rods or lower ball joints. It was too dark and late to check which one last night.  Needs endlinks. Struts and springs seem fine. Same with Control arms, seem fine.

this 2000 Taurus Duratec is NOISY. So much road noise. Guess I forgot what it's like.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bull Geek said:

Well I picked it up from the Transmission shop last night.  All done. So far seems to drive just fine. Transmission wise.

it pulls to left when accelerating. It's straight if coasting or braking. Both front wheels have a little play at 3-9. Gota figure out if tie Rods or lower ball joints. It was too dark and late to check which one last night.  Needs endlinks. Struts and springs seem fine. Same with Control arms, seem fine.

this 2000 Taurus Duratec is NOISY. So much road noise. Guess I forgot what it's like.

Taurus...needs a transmission? Thats a rare and unexpected failure, huh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally fix my 01 Taurus after my fatal accident I had 6 months ago I still have some work to do but progress is great 810f8a443c2e7ae4da3ce335a34c59d5.jpg

Before pic

 

 

463bd55f3b227edc944c47ec40943e5e.jpg

After pic

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

ce396f25cb47e63d3e675c0eb0813b90.jpg

And after

 

She drives like I never been in a accident (better actually)

I replaced radiator fans, condenser, radiator, power steering pump and hoses, new spark plugs and wires, new heads new Ignition coil pack,new water pump. replaced the hood and side fender at the junkyard lucky to find a 02 Taurus same color but badly damaged from the passenger side but I worked it out but still some work to do

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I put new wipers on it! My wife decided to just let the wipers just be nothing but torn rubber... I drove it and used it, "Oh yeah, forgot to mention, don't use the wipers!" lol... And really, with the RainX, really never need to use em much. :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

I put new wipers on it! My wife decided to just let the wipers just be nothing but torn rubber... I drove it and used it, "Oh yeah, forgot to mention, don't use the wipers!" lol... And really, with the RainX, really never need to use em much. :P

Love Rainx.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i love aquapel even more then rainx find the stuff to be even more effective then rain x 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carpets are wet again. Time to go to the local dealer and have them find out what's leaking or what seal is  not working to make this happen. Last time it was the rain hat and silicone fix, but this time it's the driver side as well as the passenger. I'm having nightmares about the whole floor rusting away....:o   Arghhhh

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

It's time to change out the spark plugs and COP modules on my Sable. 

Why are you changing out COP? If it isn't misfiring its fine. Spark plug wires are similar - unless they are arcing out, they are fine.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bull Geek said:

Why are you changing out COP? If it isn't misfiring its fine. Spark plug wires are similar - unless they are arcing out, they are fine.

Mustang coils?? even though it would have no performance gain what so ever...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

Why are you changing out COP? If it isn't misfiring its fine. Spark plug wires are similar - unless they are arcing out, they are fine.

They ARE misfiring, cylinders #1 and #2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...