What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Replaced the 3rd cat in the '02. My sister had been driving it and since the cat was plugged for a couple months and I'd been busy with work and everything, it was dirtier than it had ever been since we bought it 2 years ago. Got it all replaced and now it really performs like a Duratec should! Then I promptly gave it an extreme clean inside and out. 

To do list for the first quarter (or half) of 2017:
- Swap black cloth for the black leather that is currently in Eleanor
- Replace trans filter & flush all fluid
- Replace spark plugs, wires, coil pack, and intake gaskets
- Replace fuel filter, cabin filter, and air filter
- Diagnose and repair the water leak into the driver's side floor.

20161228_232149_zps82jhglp2.jpg
20161228_232156_zpsfoz665or.jpg
20161229_105618_zpswofxvxwc.jpg
20161229_105628_zpshv9cycxz.jpg

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
  • Like 1
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

I passed 100,000 miles of ownership sometime in the past two weeks. I wanted to get a shot of the odometer at 169,995 but I forgot and didn't notice until I had passed 170,000. Oh well.

• Like 1

The Sable wagon is just plugging along, and I should hit 115,000 miles very soon. It drives great in this recent weather on Blizzaks. 

Next month will be two full years since the 2005 Taurus was declared a total loss and replaced with this 2004 Sable. :( I've put 37,000 miles on the wagon in that span of time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm back in a SHO!

Picked it up Saturday from Performance Ford in Charlotte. 2014 Sterling Grey Metallic. 401A Package with the Navigation, Massaging seats, Moonroof and the upgraded not flower wheels. Picked it up with 15,000 miles, forgot how great they are!

Snapchat-1199063960.jpg

Snapchat-1278923973.jpg

Snapchat-1070658531.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Well I'm back in a SHO!

Picked it up Saturday from Performance Ford in Charlotte. 2014 Sterling Grey Metallic. 401A Package with the Navigation, Massaging seats, Moonroof and the upgraded not flower wheels. Picked it up with 15,000 miles, forgot how great they are!

Snapchat-1199063960.jpg

Snapchat-1278923973.jpg

Snapchat-1070658531.jpg

Woohoo! I figured you wouldn't be away for long haha

• Like 1
8 hours ago, mmmfloorpie said:

Nice ride. Aren't those the same wheels that come on the SEL?

They can be optioned on any trim, they're not the standard ones, but they're not the full on flowers

Tune and tuner are on order, going to tune for 87 right now which should get me to around a safe 13-14 psi (which is also what the max the stock MAP can read is).

I'll do a MAP upgrade and re-tune in a few months. 

• Like 2

https://www.carstory.com/detail/2008-mercury-sable-enumclaw_wa-1MEHM42W78G603660

I think this is Betty White....congrats!  Good service history on Carfax. Same dealer sold three times!  I think they've made bank on this one.

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks! Didn't trade anything just bought it, eventually the Grey 03 V8 is going to be sold because I can't keep more than 2 cars at the house and Barney isn't going anywhere. Very happy to be in a Gen 5! 

Jeff, that is Betty White! Family friend owns that dealer and gave me a fantastic deal on it. It belonged to one of my father's mutual friend's mother and they traded it in on a new Fusion. The seat belt still smells of perfume haha. 

• Like 1

These are nice cars Josh!  Mine has treated me well for the last 3 or 4 years.  I can't remember how long it's been.  I've only put 30k miles on in that time, but it's a super comfortable car.  City mileage could be better, but it is a BIG car.

Jeff

Tuner arrived!

Got the basic tune loaded last night. Funny thing - wile loading the tune I had no control over the cars functions. The air was on full blast, the wipers were on and the car was convinced that I was about to merge into the car beside me!

Anyway, once it was loaded it went back to normal. I did a TPS reset at the same time, which was terrifying. TPS is throttle position sensor which gets a bit boggy on the Eco's so you can reset it so it relearns what it needs to do. Well, taking a left out of my driveway at 5% throttle it thought I wanted WOT. After changing my underwear I went back out with the data logger enabled so I could see what was what.

Didn't get a 0-60 time, but did see 15.37LBS of boost! The most noticeable times the tune comes in are in the way the transmission shifts and the 6th gear 70-80 passing power.

Maybe I'll have to expedite that 3-bar MAP...

• Like 1
On 1/28/2017 at 11:28 AM, Jeff said:

These are nice cars Josh!  Mine has treated me well for the last 3 or 4 years.  I can't remember how long it's been.  I've only put 30k miles on in that time, but it's a super comfortable car.  City mileage could be better, but it is a BIG car.

Jeff

You bought the Sable in early 2014.  

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

You bought the Sable in early 2014.  

That's right...early January.  I remember coming up during a snow storm to get it. 

• Like 1
On 1/31/2017 at 5:22 AM, SHOenough said:

Tuner arrived!

Got the basic tune loaded last night. Funny thing - wile loading the tune I had no control over the cars functions. The air was on full blast, the wipers were on and the car was convinced that I was about to merge into the car beside me!

Anyway, once it was loaded it went back to normal. I did a TPS reset at the same time, which was terrifying. TPS is throttle position sensor which gets a bit boggy on the Eco's so you can reset it so it relearns what it needs to do. Well, taking a left out of my driveway at 5% throttle it thought I wanted WOT. After changing my underwear I went back out with the data logger enabled so I could see what was what.

Didn't get a 0-60 time, but did see 15.37LBS of boost! The most noticeable times the tune comes in are in the way the transmission shifts and the 6th gear 70-80 passing power.

Maybe I'll have to expedite that 3-bar MAP...

I never understand why automakers always tune their transmissions like crap at the factory or stock setting. Even the most basic vehicles are completely different animals with a tune just for an automatic transmission. The 4 or 5 tunes that my friend had on his 7.3L F250 changed that slushbox 4R100 into what ever he needed at the moment, pure raw performance power off the line pushing 35 psi of boost, refined towing power and confidence holding gears longer and downshifting to the point it was like driving an ATV with a CVT, or just crisp shifts for daily driving around town. With the push of a button you could completely change that trucks driving dynamics.

The 97 SHO shifts so much better than a regular AX4N with that 3.4L specific tune on the XCal too, and eliminates the need for that stupid SAI system.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Thub said:

I never understand why automakers always tune their transmissions like crap at the factory or stock setting. Even the most basic vehicles are completely different animals with a tune just for an automatic transmission. The 4 or 5 tunes that my friend had on his 7.3L F250 changed that slushbox 4R100 into what ever he needed at the moment, pure raw performance power off the line pushing 35 psi of boost, refined towing power and confidence holding gears longer and downshifting to the point it was like driving an ATV with a CVT, or just crisp shifts for daily driving around town. With the push of a button you could completely change that trucks driving dynamics.

The 97 SHO shifts so much better than a regular AX4N with that 3.4L specific tune on the XCal too, and eliminates the need for that stupid SAI system.

It's a huge difference. Both ECU and TCU changes really change the cars character

So I got the SHO re-tuned.

The first one was fast, but far to aggressive and had some issues. Like, choppy boost, RPM jumping, and a wonderful thing where when slowing down occasionally it would surge forward and do 600-1500 rpm and jump like that until I put it in neutral.

So I went out and bought an Unleashed tune. Torrie was responsive, and seems to give me the Jekyll-Hyde tune that I had really wanted. Still as fast at WOT. Stay tuned for the 3-BAR, coming soon to ricer spankings near you!

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Rohand901 said:

heres another video of a car noone cares about and I hate: 

I WANT ONE!!!!!

That transmission is perfect for keeping the Vulcan in its power band.

• Like 2