Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

The battery in the bull decided to come back to life. It's above freezing the last few days maybe that has something to do with it. Weirdness

I cleaned my items out of the SEL and washed it, my little sister has her license and insurance on it, so she's going to be driving it back and forth to high school starting tomorrow.

• Like 1

I did my valve cover gaskets a couple days ago and am replacing the back half of the exhaust system. I also get to make up a new throttle cable since mines frayed and about to snap.

Changed the oil. Castrol GTX 5w-30 and a Purolator filter at 155,6xx miles.

Put snow covers on windshields. I hate having to clear off snow at oh-dark hundred in the morning... :rant2:

Put snow covers on windshields. I hate having to clear off snow at oh-dark hundred in the morning... :rant2:

My wagon ready to go in the am tomorrow.

"Occasional snow showers. Low 29F. Winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch"

I'm ready. :notworthy:

Breakfast with the old coots tomorrow. Can't be late, they might start without me.

-chart-

ps I found that if I open a back door, it helps get the flaps tight in the front door. Otherwise, closing the front door, the air pushes the flap back out.

Edited by -chart-

Removed Alternator from Barney. Tested it, failed the test, off to the rebuilder, got a call a couple hours later saying the voltage regulator was out (big surprise). Will be back in the car tomorrow! Hopefully I will have no issues from this point on.

Installed a dash cam. Great pics, easy to use, but the damn mounting won't stay stuck to the windshield. I think it's because of the cold and the suction cups isn't making a good seal. Might have to consider velco. 

• Like 1

Installed a dash cam. Great pics, easy to use, but the damn mounting won't stay stuck to the windshield. I think it's because of the cold and the suction cups isn't making a good seal. Might have to consider velco. 

Which one did you end up going with? SC drivers make me think I need one...

Tightened up my front swaybar endlinks and took the opportunity to clean all the old nasty grease out and replace it with new grease. I could see daylight through both L&R lower studs. That's where the clunk was coming from. 

...unintended consequence of lowering and upgrading swaybars #632.....

post-4065-0-72599600-1455542146_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Alternator's been in Barney for a week and it's having no issues so far! I have my battery light back (didn't illuminate when turning the car to ON), and everything functions as normal! Installed some LEDs in the interior illumination, I should have the rest of them in the next week or so. :D

'03 Sable Sedan, daughter says the cruise light does not work but the cruise does work.

Not gonna be fixed.

Did the lights last Summer. Today, ice, rain over, now snow over that. Gotta be at doctor tomorrow at 9:30. Cortizone shots. Wheeeee. :notworthy:

Pain, pain, go away.

-chart-

Which one did you end up going with? SC drivers make me think I need one...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0119F9EPG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

It's a Taotronics.  Very easy to use. Great pics. I just wanted something simple in case I get hit by one of the local Kamikaze drivers around here. 

Oh, and the suction cup works really well if you put it on correctly  :pat:  I

It has an SD card that I just upload to Dropbox for sharing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2g6qv6lgtv4erp/2015-01-01%2001.26.56.mov?dl=0

I have to play around with the settings and get the date fixed, the license plate reader etc. as well as reposition it away from the mirror. 

• Like 1

I want to get one of those now thanks to the crazy driver. Feel having the evidence would have made things even easier.

After getting the car washed and sitting in traffic I again noticed the car was stumbling and running like crap.  So since it was above freezing and I wasn't feeling too lazy I took another look at that coil pack...glad I found it this time but now I actually have to spend the $70 for a new one.

Cracked on both the front and back corners.

IMG_20160218_172017040_zps2l9zvqbg.jpg

• Like 1

After getting the car washed and sitting in traffic I again noticed the car was stumbling and running like crap.  So since it was above freezing and I wasn't feeling too lazy I took another look at that coil pack...glad I found it this time but now I actually have to spend the $70 for a new one.

Cracked on both the front and back corners.

At least yours is easy to get to lol

Joys of a Vulcan :wub:

Well... Don't keep us waiting... What were the numbers? :D

Treated Third Bull to a run thru the new car wash in town. Had to get salt and winter crud off of it. OK, so it may snow again, but it's clean for now...

• Like 1

Well... Don't keep us waiting... What were the numbers? :D

If it's a healthy stock 3.4L Yamahammer, it should probably be putting around 185-192 measured HP to the wheels. 

• Like 1

Dyno measured 173FWHP / 171FWTQ for Barney. Could be attributed to the slushbox 4N, however other cars on the dyno were getting lower than everyone expected, for example, the Lotus Exige that ran before me put out 172RWHP despite having 20 more crank horsepower than Barney. Still a good baseline test to use for future reference. :)

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
  • Like 1

That is a very good number, don't apologize. Back in the late 1960's, my brother tuned my Mustang (289 two barrel) and measured 168 HP at the rear wheels (school chassis dyno). I initially thought Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, that is way below the 200 HP advertised. Until my brother informed me the very next car was a 383 Chrysler (advertised at 325 HP) which put out 172 HP at the rear wheels.

At the local dragstrip, my Mustang was running heads up with 390 Mustangs; my best quarter mile time was in the high fourteens (14.92 seconds E.T. and 94 mph). I do have a horsepower calculator program on my TI83 Plus. All I need is your quarter mile ET, mph numbers and the weight of the car. It calculates the horsepower from these numbers.

That shows up as about 20% driveline loss. Might be the age/condition of your transaxle, might be margin of error with their dynamometer equipment, or a little of both.

That is a very good number, don't apologize. Back in the late 1960's, my brother tuned my Mustang (289 two barrel) and measured 168 HP at the rear wheels (school chassis dyno). I initially thought Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, that is way below the 200 HP advertised. Until my brother informed me the very next car was a 383 Chrysler (advertised at 325 HP) which put out 172 HP at the rear wheels.

At the local dragstrip, my Mustang was running heads up with 390 Mustangs; my best quarter mile time was in the high fourteens (14.92 seconds E.T. and 94 mph). I do have a horsepower calculator program on my TI83 Plus. All I need is your quarter mile ET, mph numbers and the weight of the car. It calculates the horsepower from these numbers.

The good old days of gross HP numbers. The advertised numbers were "optimistic" and tended to be calculated using an out-of-car engine dyno with open tube headers, no accessories, etc. Not exactly SAE Net accuracy.