What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

I am not seeing your point?

I have had a lot of Duratec cars come through here. I am efficient with my time and tools. I was only stating the amount of time that is required to do a full set of plugs on a duratec if you have done it a few times. Unless you quoted the wrong post.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Replaced the rear struts on the '96 yesterday, replaced the radiator today. Considering I've owned it over a year and rarely ever drive it, everything on the car has been replaced now. It's a brand new car. That is how I waste a weeks vacation.

• Like 2

Took the SHO in for some needed stuff and walked out with a $1700 bill.

New tires - $1,300

PTU/Rear Diff flush - $300

Oil change - $60

Took it to CT and back for the holidays. Of course now it looks like I'm going to end up selling it. Moving soon into Columbia and will be commuting ~110 Miles each day. Gonna buy a Volt. Works got EV charging so It'll be >1 gallon of gas per day.

I'll buy a second car as well as the Volt. gotta figure out what I want.

*sigh* This is why I can't have nice things.... Went to the store today, and walked back out to this...  Bumper cover is cracked. It was already on the list of things to repair/replace due to other damage around the license plate, but at least it didn't look that obvious before...

post-3362-0-29938600-1452038448_thumb.jp

Took the SHO in for some needed stuff and walked out with a $1700 bill.

New tires - $1,300

PTU/Rear Diff flush - $300

Oil change - $60

Took it to CT and back for the holidays. Of course now it looks like I'm going to end up selling it. Moving soon into Columbia and will be commuting ~110 Miles each day. Gonna buy a Volt. Works got EV charging so It'll be >1 gallon of gas per day.

I'll buy a second car as well as the Volt. gotta figure out what I want.

It's not April 1st, dude. :(

• Like 1

"Butthurt?" 

:Picard2:   :notworthy:

Yup, its the butthurt bars. For those who get upset about modding vehicles/kids who own cars/anything vulcan related/people who will get outmaneuvered/ etc....

• Like 1

Yup, its the butthurt bars. For those who get upset about modding vehicles/kids who own cars/anything vulcan related/people who will get outmaneuvered/ etc....

Such as the service department at Jones Ford... :ph34r:

Haha, rice rice baby. 

The on again/off again chattering noise came back this morning. Called my shop and took it in after work so they could hear it. Turned out to be the main drive belt. 

Had me fixed up and out of there in 45 mins and under $100.  

I love my mechanic. They do all they can to help out people. A lot of places here would tell you to leave it overnight and they'd try to look at it tomorrow. Not this shop. They always take care of me, giving me rides to and from work etc. This is a little shop, 3 bays, 4 mechanics. The owner is local and knows everyone in town way back. 

So Third Bull is all well again. 

• Like 2

The 09 got an alignment today and I installed new Gates Micro V drive belts that I've had for about a year.  The alignment was done first thing this morning....I was there by 7:15 so I was the first one in line as they are first come first served.  The alignment at all 4 wheels was way off.  The worst being the RF wheel....it was extremely bad...so bad they had to remove the strut and turn it to get it to where they could even get that wheel in spec (I know the guys there so they allowed me to watch everything)....so it cost me more $$ than what I was originally planning to spend, but it's all done now.  The only thing that we couldn't address was the rear camber because that is non-adjustable without drilling the rear control arms and I wasn't going to do that at this time.  I may have it done next time though.  What surprised me though was how well the car drove down the road.  I wouldn't have guessed the alignment was as bad as it was.

The drive belts I did myself.  I'm not sure why everyone makes such a big deal over that stretch belt.  I cut it off and with the help of about 5 or 6 zip ties it went right back on easy as pie, but the thought of it breaking during installation was slightly nerve wracking.  Then the main belt was just as easy as any conventional belt system could be, I just wish there was slightly more room.  The only part I disliked was the fact that I had to remove not only the tire, but the inner fender splash shield as well.  Definitely not a job you could on the roadside...so if you have a 3.5 I'd treat the belts as a maintenance item and not wait until one fails.  My old belts were glazed and making some noise and would slip if any moisture splashed up on them.  Otherwise, they looked fine and if I had chosen to live with the noise they made...probably would've ran a lot more miles.  The belts had just shy of 72K miles on them when I pulled them.  

Jeff

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

Got the rest of the Front Strut tower brace in today. Wasn't sure how it was gonna fit with the 4.5 intake and all of the mods done to this car.

It would not, no way no how bolt up when I ran the bar behind the intake.

But when I placed it over the top, I got it all to line up well, and even had enough hood clearance and intake clearance.

I'm 100% sure that this only works because my strut tower plates are so far out, which also shifts them up a little bit.

Took the opportunity to replace the jam nuts with stainless nylocks, and used all 3/8-16 stainless mounting hardware, with plenty of anti-seize of course

Thanks BG, you'll be missed.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

post-4065-14529905248242_thumb.jpg

post-4065-14529906349664_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

You got a beautiful and very nice car in that car!  I've actually had the pleasure of seeing it in person.  Quite a beautiful machine. Glad you got it so it'll be well taken care of.

Jeff

• Like 1

RWD is much more fun than that boring ol' FWD, I Think all of Nick's cars are all RWD, and quite an impressive collection too :)

• Like 3

OMG! I knew he sold it but I didn't know you bought it! LOL

Nostradamus couldn't have predicted this. I bought his '87 Taurus GL wagon and 2000 SEL.
  • Like 2