What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Oh, women have ways to persuade us to do things :D

My wife has never put gas in our cars, but does bring the Lin home "0" mi to E, and tells me it is low on gas. :pat:

-chart-

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Started the day by removing the rear wheels, pulling the drums, checking the shoes and then adjusting, I wire brushed and painted the drums, then dipped the wheel inserts a military grey color. While the front wheels were off I cleaned the calipers up a little bit and touched them up with some metallic silver. 

IMG_1286_zpsejbpzgln.jpg

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
  • Like 2

Ya still got 5-30 miles after it's on 0! ;)

Problem is, I do not know how long it is on "0". But whan all else fails, there is the little analog hand and how it points to "E". Old school.

I need to do this for the Lin. Pic is for '01 Sable now sold. Took this with the front on ramps, and with the rear on ramps. Front high tells me about where the hand is if it really is empty. But I have not done this with present herd of cars. When on 25 to E where the beep happens on the Lin, can put 16G in 20 G tank. For my Sables 14-15 when the light comes on, 18G tank.

I put the front up to do oil change but be unusual for the tank to be very low. Not many places around here to park with the front high.

-chart-

post-1834-0-02064300-1443701646_thumb.jp

post-1834-0-92973300-1443701684_thumb.jp

At long last, the separated electric defroster tab is reattached to my wagon's rear window. Soldered and glued in place- it had better not pop off the glass again. 

• Like 1

My wife has never put gas in our cars, but does bring the Lin home "0" mi to E, and tells me it is low on gas. :pat:

-chart-

My wife does the same thing, but we live 10+ miles from the nearest fuel station. It can be a nail biting drive when the diesel VW says "0" miles as I pull out of the driveway. With the gas cars I at least have some extra fuel for the lawn equipment I can use, but I don't keep extra diesel on hand.

Third Bull decided the CEL hadn't been on for a long long time.  It's P1506, the IAC.  Will go see my mechanic Big Al tomorrow morning. Do not need this today, but on the bright side, at least I wasn't halfway to SC on Friday when it came on. 

^Same results. Replaced PCV Valve and the code went away

Good point, IAC manages air flow for idle and for some driving secondary coasting. PCV manages air flow also, so parallel paths.

" Intake leaks

- Stuck PCV Valve"

From internet source.

I had stuck PCV on DOHC and it caused slow idle but no code.

I would only use OEM pcv, have had major issue with the cheap AutoZone one.

-chart-

I would only use OEM pcv, have had major issue with the cheap AutoZone one.

-chart-

My mechanic knows I only use OEM parts ! It's a great little shop that's been in business since the 70s. I've never had a problem with work they've done for me. 

The 1996 got some '99 taillights, 3rd speaker in the rear deck (6x9).

96duals_zpst5gqvdjy.jpg

Also working on getting a floor shifter completed.

96console1_zpsfohinp6l.jpg

Tearing down a V8 SHO motor just so I can learn how they tic. No cam failure at 156,000 miles but what a pain removing the intake on these things, no wonder few take the time to weld them up.

97sho_zpsczzqgqen.jpg

Wagon glass latch adjusted and tightened bolts. One was loose, and latch had pivited arouond, letting the glass be open and maybe making wind noise. Latch pen marks mine. For fine tuning and getting it closed tight. Removal of the inside trim is not one of my favorite things to do, especially when someone has been there before and messed things up.

Of course #27 Torx bolts, but I have that odd one in my set. :notworthy: Thanks Harbor Freight.

-chart-

post-1834-0-12093100-1444084491_thumb.jp

Edited by -chart-

tranny flush, fuel pump replaced again-first was way off on my gas gauge hoping 2nd works better, pulled the inside hatch trim off the wagon previous owner had kicked in one of the speaker covers, dented it back to normal and glued it back so its not just floating inside the hatch anymore, new pcv tube, new pcv valve, cleaned rear hatch lock, still have issues with it not unlocking all the time but its probably a connection issue.  removed passenger outer window trim, previous owner broke the tabs so thats why there is wind noise, siliconed it up because i cant afford 110 for a new one and ill probably break a junkyard one getting it off.  hmm i think thats all i did this week on it.

within a few days replacing both front o2 sensors, maybe the plug wires and uim if i find enough time to remove all that stuff.

I put Gen 3 leather tan seats into the wife's 02 Sable, she likes them better due to better head rests. I discovered the Sable is wired for side airbags, found out Ford put an airbag simulator in under the seats, and when I didn't wire it in, the air bag light began flashing.

20151011_173347.jpg

• Like 1