Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

I'm not. I am going to be pissed. This car is mainly for my fiancee, and reliability is a must. And it will be 100% Brian's fault because he is the salesman selling this wonderful automobile. :lol::rofl:

O RLY? In that case, I'll laugh along with Spridget.

I quote your dealership saying the following:

"This is the Sable LS with the Duratec 3.0L. This is the only engine to have a service free everything, and that's guaranteed! Just change the oil, and you'll easily exceed over 500,000 miles in no time! The only car that is more reliable than a Mercury Sable is any Hyundai. But for the price and performance, you can't beat a Sable! And you will be pleased to know that over 75% of Sable Owners actually have a fixed address." :ph34r:

:lol::rofl:

• Like 1

Lol Kevin.

I think I'll haunt Kevin by txting daily with ebay listings for duratec alternators and how-to videos.

Just because I'm that nice of a guy :-)

:-D

• Like 1

Lol, how nice of you, but I got a how-to in the Topic Finder with a video too! The procedure has me dropping or removing nothing. Just unbolt alternator, flip it around, and pull it out. :P

And TheViking, says you got a 95, make sure your wiper motor is fully in the rest position. I've had my wiper motor somehow stop in the middle, and not work. It moves easily by hand when it's in between a cycle.

• Like 1

Lol, how nice of you, but I got a how-to in the Topic Finder with a video too! The procedure has me dropping or removing nothing. Just unbolt alternator, flip it around, and pull it out. :P

And TheViking, says you got a 95, make sure your wiper motor is fully in the rest position. I've had my wiper motor somehow stop in the middle, and not work. It moves easily by hand when it's in between a cycle.

Thanks I will try that out

Kevin's new Sable is home, and already modded. ;)

Well, it runs nicely. Needs a wheel balancing, but I did accomplish three things today.

1:

20141216_133436.jpg

Base sound system sucked...

2: Removed the low coolant light

and 3: Installed a leather wrapped shift knob.

20141216_122124.jpg

Not bad :)

• Like 1

I don't know, it's dirty, and it looks beat up. Maybe a conditioning would fix em, but I might pitch the leather interior, I hate leather.

My fiancee loves the car, I am glad about that, I showed her how to use everything including the new EATC. She LOVES the Mach sound system :) 

Went to my Allstate Agent, it's cheaper to insure the Sable over the Taurus Wagon.

Allegedly I have more power with the Duratec, so that in turn says I can allegedly go faster. It's also newer. Yet my insurance is cheaper. Now today I added my fiancee to the policy since she's discontinuing the one she had from her old policy with her family.

I went from one price, to saving $20 with the Sable, to saving $90 with my fiancee added, then once married I will save an additional $25, so in total of $115. This is including the Supercoupe with that price of course too. Even though with Allstate, I can have any legal driver operate any of my vehicles, I feel it's better to have her on the insurance policy for legal reasons, that and it saves me a boat load of money which is nice. It'll quickly pay for the purchase. Which by the way...

I am not saying this just to say it, but buying from Brian, as other members in here have done, is a good experience. He's not the stereotypical ******** salesman (Although, I treated him like he was, but hey, let me have fun in buying a car from a dealer!) I'd recommend anyone in the market for a car to see what they can do. That and you get free hot chocolate at his dealership. I think with all the free hot chocolates I drank, it about added up to the cost of the Doc Fee. :P

• Like 1

He drank 14 cups of hot chocolate, folks. :ph34r:

Today was the first day my fiancee drove the Sable... :(

I think she likes it more than the wagon, she even admitted to taking a bit of backroads and just driving for the hell of it. And honestly, I can't blame her. It's quieter, they used better plastics so it didn't squeak so badly, and the previous owner did have suspension work done so it probably rides and absorbs more road noise.

I just hope she doesn't start looking at the wagon as inferior...

• Like 2

Nobody could look at the wagon as inferior.....

Jeff

• Like 1

Nobody could look at the wagon as inferior.....

Jeff

Well.....lol ;)

• Like 1

Well the wagon in general is amazing, just the age hasn't been kind to it. She loves the storage in the wagon, but the reliability has been a bit questionable lately. I am betting she still has a ton of life in her though.

Some reckless ************ just smacked into the rear bumper of my Taurus while it was parked at the local Target- was doing some last minute Christmas shopping. :angry: And they ran off without so much as leaving a goddamn note.

I'd be getting the video from that target!!! Glad you were not in it and hopefully it wasn't too terrible.....

Took the 2002 on a run down to Milwaukee and back, ran good with no problems.

TireRub14_zps84cb67b6.jpg

Found the tire rub, hard left turn and I can hear it. Took the tire off to see what was rubbing. Nothing I can do about it now, no harm. Just strange it would do that. The fender liner is not tight to the sub, but all the buttons are tight.

-chart-

I took the car for a wash today and of course I found damage to the rear bumper from several nights ago, most likely happened when I parked in the garage at the airport in Milwaukee.  I was able to buff most of it out but its still noticeable from a few feet back.

This is before I went at it with scratch remover. I'd say the entire area is easily over a foot long, some of the scratches are deeper than others.  You can't tell in the picture but the area above the seam of the bumper is also scratched up pretty bad.  That area actually buffed out the best.

IMG_0663_zpsa57b8d74.jpg

dropped the tranny pan and changed the fluid and filter.  Bought used key fobs and programmed them.  Bought larger CCA battery.  Cleaned MAF sensor. 

Pair of used slicers to mount snow tires for the winter. Other than that, nothing else has been done besides weight reduction by way of rust. Hoping to get through one more winter, then get it all cut out and new metal next year.

001.jpg

Edited by Rusty