• Like 3
  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

OK mine the opposite. '03 Wagon, 101K. 3 of 5 dash bulbs burned out, the other two black.

Console shifter bulbs burned out.

One brake light out, but I replaced both, other one was getting black.

And the high mount light, (912) on the wagon needs to be done today.

looks like a chore, need to remove the door panel.

But my '01 Wagon, never replaced a bulb other than head lights which I switched to XTRavision and added a relay system for more light.

Then switched the entire system from the '01 wagon to the '03 wagon.

My take: by 100K time to replace the bulbs for maint sake.

-chart-

Bulb life will vary depending on driving. Brake/trun bulbs depend on highway vs city miles. Day driving vs night.

Did the high mount bulbs today on the wagon. Both mouldings have to come off. Not all that easy to get the spring snaps to pop out.

-chart-

The bulbs sold today are not as long lasting or good quality as the bulbs that were installed new in these cars.

If you buy name brand "K" bulbs = LL which is kripton, they last much longer than no name bulbs.

-chart-

I love this car :wub:

And now it can start all on its own :)

Remote start is such a nice add on. I already deem it a necessity out here in CA on my vehicles. Viper RS/full alarm in my Sable, and an Omegalink factory integrated on my wife's escape, though I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on a Viper system for that as well.

I can only imagine how nice it must be in those *actually* cold states you guys live in.

That gets a like just for it working on a Gen 2!

Ah Pre PATS cars are the easiest for them! No bypass modules to install :P

And yeah, in Illinois it's an amazing thing. Start the car from the window, let it warm up for 10 minutes, go out of the house, and into a toasty warm car. :)

• Like 1

With so many cars a list has to be made. The 2000 wagon got p.s. doors from a '99 Sable in prairie tan, both wiring harnesses swapped, brackets and inside door handles riveted on like factory. Also replaced the coil and hatch glass shocks (with the bigger, better, beefier Expedition glass lifts). The 1996 had no reverse lights so I replaced the trans range sensor, fixed it. Put the gen4 non step-ledge wheels back on with new tires. Replaced a  p.s. door speaker. Put @ 100 miles on it this week. The AX4N is shifting hard from 1st to 2nd but otherwise doing good. The 1987 is just get in and go. I did open up the air filter box so the roar of full throttle can be heard by the competition. 

novcars_zps5485404d.jpg

Damn that is a beautiful wagon....

I find it annoying that when the older generation of Ford RKE has the ignition on, the RKE no longer works. Appears I will need to wire in the aftermarket keyless for when car is on. I had both my door lock cylinders frozen from the wet snow. However keypad works just fine.

Not sure about that, but old school costs less than new school.

I'm OLD SCHOOL.

I am cheap. Not free but close.

I am doing fixin on my daughter's house, and she leaves me coffee ready to brew, and home made cookie. :notworthy:

-chart-

All my tires were low. Last time I checked them it was warm. Dropped from 35 to 26. Filled all the tires up, and now my Taurus should be safe again for the holiday break :)

I wish there wasn't salt... I'd drive the Supercoupe... :(

I think its going to be time for a new crank seal and oil pan gasket on the 2002, it must be pissing out pretty good because even when taking off from stop signs I get a strong burnt oil smell in the cabin. Not a single drop on the driveway though.  I'll have to keep an eye on how much it looses. 

I can't have 2 cars that have the stink of burnt oil after taking off from a stop.

I think its going to be time for a new crank seal and oil pan gasket on the 2002, it must be pissing out pretty good because even when taking off from stop signs I get a strong burnt oil smell in the cabin. Not a single drop on the driveway though.  I'll have to keep an eye on how much it looses. 

I can't have 2 cars that have the stink of burnt oil after taking off from a stop.

I think my '03 DOHC is leaking from the front valve cover. It drips on the exhause right where the O2 sensor is and smells. I have checked to be sure it is not the pressure switch, it is above that. Not gonna be fixed this year.

4-6" snow predicted today.

-chart-

WagonWork3_zps7bbb178c.jpg

Wagons are for hauling. Just the right size, :notworthy:

And the dining table together and leaves pulled out, just in time for Thanksgiving Dinner.

-chart-

I briefly woke the SHO up for an oil change since it was warmer today. Placed dryer sheets throughout the interior and under the hood and wrapped it up for winter. Who knows if the dryer sheets will help, but what the hell it's worth a try.

Noticed the oil pressure switch was leaking at the oil cooler, but it seemed to stop.

Placed dryer sheets throughout the interior and under the hood and wrapped it up for winter. Who knows if the dryer sheets will help, but what the hell it's worth a try.

I've heard some people say they work great and I've heard some people say they find the dryer sheets chewed up as nesting material. I suspect the freshness of the sheets is a factor.

I put several in the Olds this afternoon because it won't hurt, at any rate. I keep a mouse trap right behind the front wheel to catch anything that dares to go near it anyway. Still haven't gotten around to making a bucket trap to have out there.

I surrounded my Thunderbird LX with Moth balls. I think it works. Last year nothing entered it, and of course when I was working in my garage late at night, the moth ball smell was obviously not strong, a mouse entered my garage. It quickly left, but still. I am paranoid... I might throw dryer sheets around too in the trunk and hood. I know dryer sheets repel mosquitoes.

I also wrapped the SHO up from the bottom side with a tarp to keep the moisture and water from getting to the underside. The mice will have to chew though that first, which hopefully I notice.

That's not a bad idea... Damn, might do that to the Thunderbird LX if I can get her off jackstands :P

You should Kevin, any concrete surface will shed moisture during a freeze/thaw cycle. It will get that damp surface, and since the SHO is sharing the garage with the Escape which will be bringing snow into the garage it was a no brainer for me.

Yeah, the T-Bird doesn't share except with the motorcycle and snowblower, which does bring snow in despite my best efforts to brush it all off prior to storing.

My wipers are getting worse. Apparently Ford Service procedures wants to tell me it could be an issue with either a circuit, or a wiper control module. No mentions of a bad wiper motor since it seems to function. They park all the way at the top every now and then. And if I play with the controls going off and on, eventually they park normally. :\

I've had a smell of hot oil under the hood for a while now and I can't find any leaks. Since today was so nice I decided to check the PCV system. Everything seemed to check good but I managed to get part of a paper towel sucked through the intake. I ended up removing the UIM to try and find it. Nowhere to be found. My guess is that it was pulled into one of the cylinders (might explain the odd smell from the exhaust). Also, while the UIM was off I cleaned the large carbon deposits from the EGR tube and I also puller the IMRC off and greased the gasket. I'm happy to report that after almost 4 years my hackjob fix with the oil filter gasket was still perfectly air tight. I also happened to learn exactly how the 04+ Vulcan's variable intake operates.

So everything seems to be working and the engine is running just fine. Still don't know why I smell oil in the cabin though.

I've had a smell of hot oil under the hood for a while now and I can't find any leaks. Since today was so nice I decided to check the PCV system. Everything seemed to check good but I managed to get part of a paper towel sucked through the intake. I ended up removing the UIM to try and find it. Nowhere to be found. My guess is that it was pulled into one of the cylinders (might explain the odd smell from the exhaust). Also, while the UIM was off I cleaned the large carbon deposits from the EGR tube and I also puller the IMRC off and greased the gasket. I'm happy to report that after almost 4 years my hackjob fix with the oil filter gasket was still perfectly air tight. I also happened to learn exactly how the 04+ Vulcan's variable intake operates.

So everything seems to be working and the engine is running just fine. Still don't know why I smell oil in the cabin though.

Did you check the crank seal, it will squirt out right onto the exhaust and burn off leaving almost no trace and no drips on the ground.

Did you check the crank seal, it will squirt out right onto the exhaust and burn off leaving almost no trace and no drips on the ground.

There has been oil around the crankshaft (mostly on the pan) ever since I got the car, even after Ford changed the pan gasket as part of the sale deal. It has never left marks on the ground and I haven't smelled any oil burning so I never bothered to look further. I haven't had any abnormal oil loss between changes either. What I'm smelling is more like what you get if you drain the oil while it's hot, almost like my blower has a vent straight into the crankcase. I'll still check the seals though just to be sure.

Also I forgot to mention that while tightening down the UIM bolts (7 ft/lbs, easy, right?) the torque wrench failed to signal that it had reached the set point. Since the bolt never really tightened I kept on happily wrenching away and snapped the bolt off in the LIM.  <_<  So now I have to go to the Ford dealer and see if I can get a replacement.