What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Hello awesome sound! Haven't heard you in over a year! You seem to be doing well!

I loooove the sound of a V8 being pushed hard.  :wub:

But then there is this:

But I am biased. BIASED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV7vgyaxuQQ

-chart-

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

I'm sure the 4.6 would sound nice with an exhaust system but it is dead silent compared to the 3.4L with no mufflers.

I'm sure the 4.6 would sound nice with an exhaust system but it is dead silent compared to the 3.4L with no mufflers.

With normal exhaust, no sound outside. Inside, you get the intake noise on accel but no drone at cruise.

My '96 had a drone above 75 on level pavement.

-chart-

I think I broke one of the backrest cross supports in my seat yesterday. The seat doesn't feel uncomfortable, but after hearing a snapping noise, I could feel with my hand that there's a piece the moves around when I lean back in the seat. The passenger seat feels different. I don't know if I will try to fix it yet. It would mean making a trip to the junkyard for a new backrest frame and taking apart and reassembling my drivers seat, and I'm already crunched for time when I'm home near the junkyard.

• Like 1

Replaced my caliper today but will hopefully be taking it back off so ford can pay for it and give me a motorcraft one. I left the old bracket on because the new bracket had different size bolt holes. Looks like the problem was fixed just by replacing the caliper and the bracket doesn't need to be replaced unlike the Ford dealer told me. Idiots.

post-2174-0-30360400-1415577805_thumb.jp

post-2174-0-20180300-1415577813_thumb.jp

post-2174-0-62578600-1415577820_thumb.jp

Worked on removing the tint on the SHO, now all 4 doors are back to plain factory solar tint.  I am very happy with the outcome of steaming the old tint off, worked great. There was actually 2 layers of film so it took a little longer but wasn't bad.  Next year when I have more time I will tackle the rear window and the little quarter windows since the rear seat needs to be removed.

Then with winter closing in as soon as tomorrow I put the WinterForces back on the 2002. I forgot how much they change the handling dynamics of the car, it rides slightly higher off the ground and the softer rubber makes the handling so slow and soft, which for winter is good.  Not to mention how much louder they are compared to all season tires.

Steaming the Tint off.

IMG_0585_zpsfd3e5f8c.jpg

I brought the taurus to the new house just a few minutes ago in the first snow storm of the year. It was bloody cold putting the plates on, I'm just feeling my fingertips now. Now I can put in new struts in a carport :)

You didn't remove tint on the driver window...there was no tint there :-P So you removed it on 3 windows ;)

I never said I removed it on 4 windows, I just said all 4 windows are now back to stock. Plus with 2 layers of tint I removed the equivalent of 6 windows.

Did someone say the 4.6L would sound better with a nice exhaust?

How about no exhaust:

You're Welcome.  :D

New wheel and tire plan for the cars. The chrome wheels will go onto the SHO as winter tires to sit on, since one rim is bent and the tires are dry rotting pretty good. The current SHO wheels will go into the basement for storage. Then I will have to look for a set of rims for the 2002 for next spring, I'd be fine with a set of painted 5 spokers or 7 spoke sable alloys. Actually leaning more toward the 7 spoke look.

Oh gotcha, ok.

I installed the black leather interior in the 2000.  Switch the seatbelts to the 2000-2003 style.  Stripped the aux-input and sat rad hookup out of the car.  Installed wood trim bezel for radio and shifter.  Checked all lights work.

All that's left is switching headlights back for like new OEM, same with tail lights since they are Centennial tails.

Oil change, brake check, alignment check, PS pump replacement, trans fluid service, a license plate bulb, post cat o2 sensor, and the PCV + hose.  Then it gets parked outfront with a for sale sign.  $4000 OBO.

• Like 1

New wheel and tire plan for the cars. The chrome wheels will go onto the SHO as winter tires to sit on, since one rim is bent and the tires are dry rotting pretty good. The current SHO wheels will go into the basement for storage. Then I will have to look for a set of rims for the 2002 for next spring, I'd be fine with a set of painted 5 spokers or 7 spoke sable alloys. Actually leaning more toward the 7 spoke look.

Shame our locations are different. I got 4 7 spoke wheels /tires out behind the shed stacked and a tarp over for the winter. Tires on them about gone. Wheels all good.

Got 3 G-4 Sables with those wheels but good tires on them.

-chart-

I met with the new owner of my '99 SE to install a working radio. Before I delivered the car, I removed the custom stereo and installed a complete factory stereo. However, I didn't have a '98-99 head unit. I robbed the head unit from the '97 so the new owner would at least have AC controls. Swapped the head units in about 5 minutes and the new owner now has tunes.

Wagons:

Do Work, all day, everyday!

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_1158_zps534f68ff.jpg

Each box there was probably a good 70+ Lbs of textbooks in picture above...

IMG_1157_zps06437167.jpg

... Little sag too ;)

The only reason I could never go back to another sedan unless it was free/next to nothing and great condition.

Yep, wagons are awesome.

15766463411_61ac5d4700_b.jpg

Hauled a big limb from the back to prevent guests from parking off the side of the driveway. The shallow buried water line from the pump to the house parallels the drive. My wife had been parking here in the shade. One day I noticed a puddle so I decided to investigate with the shovel. Found where the previous home owner shoddily repaired the pipe with a pair of unions. The unions were leaking. I tightened them up and stopped the leak but I believe a larger section needs to be replaced. First freeze of the season coming this week so I needed to bury it for now.

Unions and a shallow water service...ehh two things that I hate to see, better not tell me what material it is.  Get that thing down 6' like we do up here.

Got the chrome wheels put on the SHO for winter, its inching closer to full hibernation.

IMG_0594_zps04e60829.jpg

Unions and a shallow water service...ehh two things that I hate to see, better not tell me what material it is.  Get that thing down 6' like we do up here.

Got the chrome wheels put on the SHO for winter, its inching closer to full hibernation.

IMG_0594_zps04e60829.jpg

And Winter is on the schedule for the midwest. SNOW from what I hear.

Here in NY State, 30% chance of some lite white Thursday, but nothing out of the norm for us.

I plan to be on a ladder installing a bathroom vent to the outside tomorrow. ~50 and light winds. :notworthy:

-chart-

IMG_0594_zps04e60829.jpg

And Winter is on the schedule for the midwest. SNOW from what I hear.

Here in NY State, 30% chance of some lite white Thursday, but nothing out of the norm for us.

I plan to be on a ladder installing a bathroom vent to the outside tomorrow. ~50 and light winds. :notworthy:

-chart-

Forecast here in Central PA varies from rain to light snow, temps mid-20s to 40s.  Third Bull goes into the shop for fluids change on Saturday and a fresh set of snow wipers, the big blade kind. Ice scraper and brush in the trunk.

Annuals are out of the ground. Perennials have been cut back. No bulbs planted this year ... squirrels will be so disappointed. 

Shovels dusted off.  Winter clothes out, summer clothes packed away.  

Not so ready at work. No one knows what happened to the chains and tow ropes we bought last season. I wanted to store them in a bin in the tire shop, but was told they were fine in the service truck. Hah !  Same for the snow shovels. They seem to have walked away. It's so nice to have co-workers who think it's OK to appropriate company property.  Tomorrow I'm going on a search and destroy mission  :ph34r: around the property to see if I can find any of the missing items