What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Does any body know if the rear sway bar bushing brackets are different from the small 19mm bar found on my 99 SHO to the larger one I picked up from a 94 SHO.I know I'll need new bushings but I wasn't sure about the bushing bracket it's self.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1995-Ford-Taurus-SHO-Rear-Factory-Sway-Bar-/191033094454?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=bBTpWkUzWfkDXjsQg%252B6%252FKQ5TKMI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I might take you up on that offer. One of my plate bulbs has been flickering since at least October when I went to the meet at Nick's. Both are pretty dim and old anyway. I've wanted LED's back there for a while (they look awesome) but I was never able to justify spending all the $$$.

Huh, I thought that was active mood lighting to the beats of "Sonic Doof Audio"... :P

Huh, I thought that was active mood lighting to the beats of "Sonic Doof Audio"... :P

Lol, it might be! I just can't see it while I'm driving!

Also Sonic Doof isn't doofing as hard right now. Something hit the RCA cables on the back of the sub amp and bent one of the terminal ends really bad and broke the center electrode loose. So I'm using the system minus the sub right now. I miss the extra bump. Stupid cold weather keeping me from working on the car. I also found out the driver's sail tweet is shot as well. Makes weird noises that are not part of the music.

Bought a pair of Silverstar lights for $10 from Advance and installed them. Glad I thought about replacing both because the other light was burnt like the other:

post-2191-0-72310300-1390865370_thumb.jp

Here's a comparison between the new (left) and old (right). Second photo shows there's light coming out of the old one.
post-2191-0-91665200-1390865381_thumb.jp  post-2191-0-54683600-1390865389_thumb.jp

Complete!

post-2191-0-38750200-1390865392_thumb.jp

Does any body know if the rear sway bar bushing brackets are different from the small 19mm bar found on my 99 SHO to the larger one I picked up from a 94 SHO.I know I'll need new bushings but I wasn't sure about the bushing bracket it's self.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-1995-Ford-Taurus-SHO-Rear-Factory-Sway-Bar-/191033094454?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=bBTpWkUzWfkDXjsQg%252B6%252FKQ5TKMI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The brackets fit the older bar just fine. I have a 23mm rear bar from a '92 in my '96. You can get the correct bushings from SHO Source. They stock replacement brackets as well if yours are rusted.

The brackets fit the older bar just fine. I have a 23mm rear bar from a '92 in my '96. You can get the correct bushings from SHO Source. They stock replacement brackets as well if yours are rusted.

OK, that's a good thing,Mine are rusted pretty good.

It [coolant recovery tank] does tell me a story of this engine overheating at some point, as there is a rust trail that leads from the opening to the side very clearly as if the coolant inside boiled over. I should've snapped a pic of what I am describing.

2wokjnr.jpg

Oh I changed my oil today.

Mobil 1 High Milage 5w-20 and a Bosch Distance Plus filter. Jeff convinced me to go synthetic and with the good filter. It definitely has more filter surface area and a higher quality media than the Motorcraft. Although its over double the cost of the motorcraft.

Yes! I will vouch for how well the Bosch distance plus filters are! They are excellent and are one of the best on the market. Even the black can Bosch Premium filters are good, but are more on par with the purolator classic/motorcraft. The distance plus has more filter media than just about any other filter on the market and has a higher capacity filtration before it goes into bypass. It's a hefty filter...used them on my Toyota for a long time until advance stopped stocking them and had to switch to pure one filters which are also great. Don't lump everything Bosch in the garbage category. Their icon wipers are also some of the best too!

Jeff

Oh I changed my oil today.

Mobil 1 High Milage 5w-20 and a Bosch Distance Plus filter. Jeff convinced me to go synthetic and with the good filter. It definitely has more filter surface area and a higher quality media than the Motorcraft. Although its over double the cost of the motorcraft.

So Sam

Better yesterday than today.

Hope your town does better than Alanta.

-chart-

Atlanta is a very hilly city.  Add in a bunch of inexperienced snow drivers, hardly anywhere near enough thought/management/salt/$ towards snow & ice.  Imagine how well that plays out.  

I'm glad I no longer lived there.  Too congested, not well laid out.

Ok. Leather wrapped shifter, chrome button, Continental chrome shaft cover, new indicator and bezel. All junkyard parts.

2ede8una.jpg

• Like 3