What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Well today was an eventful day.

Aimed fog lights FINALLY. They were just dreadful before. Just aimed straight down pretty much. Now they actually light the road up where they should!

I also installed tweeters on the dash. Lovin that treble lol.

• Like 2
Look what came out in piece this time! :lol2:

This is what greet me today:

IMG_20140110_162555.jpg

The spring in its new home:

IMG_20140110_163431.jpg

Junk ones ready for the dump!

IMG_20140110_165751.jpg

My '05 is perfect! :D

The rear end is riding firm with new Motorcraft struts and swaybar endlinks, the front end feels solid (and steering input is now instantaneous with no more loose play) with new Motorcraft balljoints, no more SRS error codes with a new Motorcraft clockspring assembly, proper charging system output with the Ranger Power Sports alternator ODP reinstalled, and I have clear forward visibility with a new Motorcraft washer fluid pump. All installed by the service department at my dealership for 1/2 off labor. I believe I will be making use of this discount again in the future... :ph34r:

My favorite porter even washed and detailed NOSHO for me afterwards. :) Then he asked how much I will be willing to sell either of my cars for. Having seen both the '05 and '87 around the lot, he really wants something that I've taken care of and upgraded. :blush:

DogLeg1_zps53e6d215.jpg

DoglLeg2_zps6ca6d52e.jpg

Dogleg3_zpseb75f62f.jpg

DogLeg4_zpsf5e53f9b.jpg

do not know how this will last but looks ok for now. I used fiberglass cloth and Bondo in stages to restore this which was really bad. The flange was gone so I built it up from scratch.

-chart-

I think I irritated the neighbor by revving the muffler-less '96 SHO to bounce off the limiter in the driveway. Oh well, just blowing them spiders out.

Right HL seems low. Needed about 4 1/6 turns on the hex socket.

Looks about right now.

My tool I made, I have changed both on both Sables with JY lights which were better than what was in the cars.

Pid of tool.

HLtools14_zps53eb6b6a.jpg

The socket was ground down on the end for old school Ford ign modules which had a recess hole too small for a regular socket. Have not used that is years. So, I gound a hex on it with a bench grinder and modified a dime store wrench. I put a wire through them and hang them in my garage.

It was starting to rain so I finished quickly.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

I need to aim mine. My headlights are s**t at night. And you would think with Discoballs, and being perfectly clear, I could see clearly at night. Wrong. WRONG!

That or I still have the OEM 9007's... Rumor has it... They never burn out, but slowly just get darker and darker :P

That or I still have the OEM 9007's... Rumor has it... They never burn out, but slowly just get darker and darker :P

The original bulbs were still working in my '93 when it died. (And since I still have the full header panel in the barn, I still have those bulbs.)

Great News!!!! Well Ashley is out and back on the road again!!

IMG_20140111_130142.jpg
Passenger side gap:
IMG_20140111_130152.jpg
Driver side gap:
IMG_20140111_130212%257E2.jpg
The sway bar links aren't in YET since the sway bar brackets won't come off and they will be put in once I'm back in school.

Glad your back on the road. Better repair those rust issues before they get too bad.

Luckily my 96 was an Arizona car so I have no dogleg nor body rust.....yet.

Edited by mh488

Look what came out in piece this time! :lol2:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/Vx7K0zpXREW2reUYedB1NSDM1HVgQ3ILWGAidpU-ZQ=w768-h576-no

This is what greet me today:

IMG_20140110_162555.jpg

The spring in its new home:

IMG_20140110_163431.jpg

Junk ones ready for the dump!

IMG_20140110_165751.jpg

What kind of struts are those? I am considering replacing all four on mine for the best cost of course.

I'm looking at motorcraft although pricey.

Absolutely nothing. Didn't drive her today at all! I had her outside last night so Lee could leave his Fusion in the Garage and I just didn't feel like firing it up just to move it in so I'll move it back tomorrow.

Looking at the color on those napa struts...my guess is reboxed Monroe GasMatics... which are a pretty good option. Never or very rarely ever warranty any.

Jeff

Did some modifications to the taillights. :)

Knoxvilletaurustaillight_zps4636c70f.jpg

Close up of the clear plastic lens I trimmed to fit in the place of the old reflector. 

tauruswagontaillight_zps794cd492.jpg

• Like 1