What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

IIRC, North Carolina is that way too. So me owning two 95's might be cheap for me :P

Love my 1995's :wub:

Also, I did this finally...

IMG_1486.jpg

Took my shifter apart, and cleaned out all the dirt, crap, and also made $1.82 by doing such. By removing the console top, I found money, and a pair of 3D Glasses for the movie Spy Kids. So, my Gen 2 was most likely a cared for Family Wagon. I hope it made good memories for them :)

Illinois, the land of Lincoln! Provides each newer than 25 years Passenger car with a base price of $101.00 to renew the sticker. Now, if you're weird, and opt for standard Vanity plates... You now pay $114, Now let's say you get a specialty plate, such as Brian's Route 66 Plates... Standard plate (Random numbers), Annual renewal - $128 ($101 registration fee + $27 Illinois Route 66 license plates fee). Then vanity plates are annual renewal - $141 ($101 registration fee + $27 Illinois Route 66 license plates fee + $13 vanity fee). Some specialty plates are a bit cheaper, but seems average is $27 extra. Yeah, I'll keep my standard regular plates. Getting close to antique, so I can get extended use plates and pay less. Thankfully...

And that Sable looks like a great car Vash! A bit of work and she ought to be like new! :)

Wow makes NY look good.

Just got my renew for the '01 Sable.

2 year reg $65. (keep your old plate)

To get a UGLY mustard color plate $90

To get the same ugly plate with your same plate number $110

Guess mine will be $65.

-chart-

It was $49 per annum in my county, but they board, in their infinite wisdom, recently raised it to $99. Can't speak on the prices of any plates other than standard.

Wow a lot states have goofy payments to renew. Wisconsin is a flat $75 for autos per year, and then the price increases based on the gross weight class of the vehicle if you have it registered as a "Truck". Vanity plates and special plates are some extra amount. Funny thing is Wisconsin lets you choose your gross weight class when you get your plates for the first time, if you do it in person at the DMV. So my friend with the F250 is in the 8000lb+ class and gets a letter "C" on his plate. I've seen Toyota Tacomas and smaller vehicles with "C" class stickers and 1 ton trucks with "A" class stickers. Some people are smart and cheat the system and others are stupid and pay more for no reason.

Installed a 23mm rear sway bar with Moog endlinks on the '96 SHO. My '98 SHO had two way SARC, while the '96 has 4 way. I believe the '96 has a better ride. The light steering of VAPS at low speed really accentuates torque steer when the pedal is stomped.

Let's take the 2000...

"YOUR VEHICLE TAX BILL IS BASED ON A VALUE OF $1,670"

Tax for the vehicle for a year is $50 in the county's opinion. (my former 87 wagon was valued at $830, and was taxed at $25)

Then you have to include in your tax bill $20 for the road maintenance fee (required)

Then every other year you get hit for a $24 plate renewal fee.

I had the studs welded to the floorboard for the 2000 so I could bolt the shifter assembly down. Now it's ready for the interior to be built and swapped out.

Minnesota has this big table outlining the registration tax for cars less than 10 years old based on its original value when new. $324 for a new $25,000 car, $1,259 for just short of 100K, and it decreases every year. Over 10 years old, it's a flat $35.

Then there's the $6 filing fee, then the $1 "tech surcharge" (instituted at $1.75 several years ago to "upgrade the computer systems", renewed at $1 back in 2012, and even though it's currently set to expire in 2016 there's no reason to think it's not effectively permanent).

And, now that the state has raised the maximum wheelage tax counties are allowed to tack on to $10, my county decided to get in with that for next year.

Pulled the driver airbag, flip fold console, and rear seat bottom cushion out today on the 97 LS. Don't want to go too far on the interior yet until I get a new windshield lined up.. also cars cost is now down to $30.20 after finding a couple handfulls of change under the flip fold and front seats.

Edited by Vash

I did a trans pan drop and filter change just now. It's been done before at some point too. The filter wasnt motorcraft and a couple pan bolts were too tight and stripped>_>

My state registration renewal is $36 every year. I'm not aware of any counties adding anything on. Extra fees for vanity or custom plates.

I did a trans pan drop and filter change just now. It's been done before at some point too. The filter wasnt motorcraft and a couple pan bolts were too tight and stripped>_>

I have had this before, but on thermostat housing.

Tap the hole SAE oversize and move on.

-chart-

Nick, are you proceeding with the column - to - floor shifter conversion, on the 2000?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Been rocking the console shifter for quite a while - works well. Especially now that I don't have to hold the shifter down while changing between gears. If rain isn't bad this weekend, going to strip front seats, wash the cloth, and resintall. Both front seats will have power seat adjustment and both will have lumbar adjustment.

Replaced the driver's side outer tie rod end, and found the abs sensor at the wheel was broken off the knuckle. I unbolted the broken sensor and pulled the broken part out and then pulled the wheel well out and unplugged the cord. Will install a new sensor tomorrow from O'Reilleys auto parts for 34$ on order. Reassembled and the car does not shake when it stops now. The old tie rod end wasn't shot but worn and the boot was broken so it must have allowed a shimmy. The trans mount wasn't the culprit. I was amazed that the abs didn't throw a check engine light but the car apparently doesn't have even have a dummy light for the abs or the parking brake being on...??? :pat: ~Zep

update. The abs light came on this morning then went out. This happened three times. When I got the part back home and installed, the light never came back on. Didn't bother to clear codes if any where there... Got another foam seat insert for the driver's seat. Maybe install this weekend. No more saggy butt... LOL ~Zep

Taurus was making some noise so time to show some love, front rotors, LF wheel brg, 2 front tires (pegs), rear sway links, oil chg... think thats it... just rolled 197k!

Picking up a 99 Sable LS on Monday for $250 218k with a locked up Duratec and missing driver front suspension. It's tan so the front clip is making its way onto my 97 LS so that it can be sold. It won't match but at least it is tan...

Would it be better to buy new AVS window shades, or get a NOS set of Ford ones on eBay from Tasca or someone like that? I know the Ford ones will fit well, and say "Ford" or something, but I worry the stickiness of the pads will have worn down from sitting for a decade...

I mostly see AVS ones. They seem to hold up just as well as the Ford ones. My coworker, when he had his 98 SE Sport, it had Ford ones. Not much sun up here haha... But they still stuck just fine. I would just get whatever is cheaper...

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

Replaced the windshield washer hoses in my mom's '01 today ... got a nice gash in the side of my finger in the process.

Would it be better to buy new AVS window shades, or get a NOS set of Ford ones on eBay from Tasca or someone like that? I know the Ford ones will fit well, and say "Ford" or something, but I worry the stickiness of the pads will have worn down from sitting for a decade...

I have AVS, and i believe there is a warranty of some sort to them.

It's those s**tty Duratecs I tell you! :lol:

Get an Essex! I got 23 Mpg my last fill up.