What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Sometimes, to have pure Essex Power, you gotta accept the fate of head gaskets. At least I have a Thunderbird AND Mustang engine in my Taurus. Vulcan? Duratec? HAH! I see those in no performance cars! Maybe if mine dies... I may look into how hard it would be to swap it for a built up supercoupe engine :ph34r:

Ahem...Mondeo ST220, Fusion Sport, Contour SVT...those all have Duratecs.

SC is RWD. I think that'd be a little hard to put in your FWD Taurus...

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

Same engine though design. Gonna have to beef up an AXOD-E!!! :D :D :D

The Internals are different, since they deal with forced induction... So, I'll swap the entire block/blower. I'll make it work :P

And those cars don't count.

IMG_1258.jpg

Mine is a SVT too :)

• Like 1

Wikipedia would have it that the FWD and RWD Essex have different bellhousings...

RWD is listed as small-block Windsor and FWD is Vulcan V6.

Sometimes, to have pure Essex Power, you gotta accept the fate of head gaskets. At least I have a Thunderbird AND Mustang engine in my Taurus. Vulcan? Duratec? HAH! I see those in no performance cars! Maybe if mine dies... I may look into how hard it would be to swap it for a built up supercoupe engine :ph34r:

Noble / Rossion. Ginetta race cars. Weld two Duratec 30s together and you have the Aston Martin 6.0L V12.

Very few serious race / road cars use Mustang V6s or V8s. Most "low end" supercars use the GM powerplants (Ultima, Hennessey Venom). High end use BMW or Mercedes (Pagani). Ford has very few engines in high performance cars outside of the brand. Saleen S7 is one, and is no longer built.

Just got a great deal on some stuff for the SHO http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

Don't know what all is there but for $59 for the box full when half of those gaskets don't exist anymore is a steal.I think I paid almost $70 for the pair of valve cover gasket I replaced a couple months ago.If you know what all those parts numbers are for he has 10 pages of NOS parts and tools

Update on these. They cam via Fedex today.The box is full of extinct and expensive gaskets.Gaskets that came in the box are as follows

• Head gasket/pair
  • upper intake
  • lower intake
  • valve cover/pair
  • exhaust manifold/pair
  • valve stem seal all 32
  • spark plug hole
  • valve cover bolt hole
  • throttle body
  • idle air
  • EGR

and some others that I'm not sure about.

Pictures:

http://s933.photobuc...how/SHO gaskets

Noble / Rossion. Ginetta race cars. Weld two Duratec 30s together and you have the Aston Martin 6.0L V12.

Very few serious race / road cars use Mustang V6s or V8s. Most "low end" supercars use the GM powerplants (Ultima, Hennessey Venom). High end use BMW or Mercedes (Pagani). Ford has very few engines in high performance cars outside of the brand. Saleen S7 is one, and is no longer built.

http://www.autozine.org/Archive/Aston/classic/DB7.html

Weld two duratecs together for one V12.

:)

• Like 1

Update on these. They cam via Fedex today.The box is full of extinct and expensive gaskets.Gaskets that came in the box are as follows

• Head gasket/pair
  • upper intake
  • lower intake
  • valve cover/pair
  • exhaust manifold/pair
  • valve stem seal all 32
  • spark plug hole
  • valve cover bolt hole
  • throttle body
  • idle air
  • EGR

and some others that I'm not sure about.

Pictures:

http://s933.photobuc...how/SHO gaskets

Very nice find.

Tore apart the front of the dash today to see if I could figure out why the blower motor was cutting out every now and then. Checked the motor, resistor, harness and when I went to check the switch I found this.

CD6F797A-orig_zps54caab77.jpg

Don't remember doing this. :lol: This must've been at least ten years ago or so. I guess I did this cause the original connector shell melted like this. Weird cause I don't ever remember having any problems with the fan control. Must've been me though, I used to have a boat load of those connectors with the blue insulators before they all got STOLEN. Anyways not sure why I decided to go that route. :rolleyes: It's nothing I would do today. :lol:

Will be soldering in a new connector. ;) And I'll see what I can do about that ill fitting head unit while I'm in there.

I have 2 or 3 dash harnesses chopped up in my garage from early Gen 1s. If you can't source one, let me know I'll mail you one.

Rocker panel rust restoration is coming along. I have the front half of the drivers side completly finished, and painted body color again, back half is all cleaned out and painted with POR on any rust as well as the main joints. The entire inside of the rocker front to back and up to the fender is sprayed with a "corrision resistant paint" to hopefully keep further moisture out of the metal. First metal patch is in place and body filler slapped on. Tomorrow the filler needs to be sanded smooth and the 2nd steel patch will be put in place and filler placed to smooth it out and provide reinforcement.

Passenger side has been grinded down, cleaned up, and coated with POR. Smashed and cut out most of the bad metal at the back. Tomorrow I will either flush the rocker out with water or paint the front "good" half of the rocker body color.

Basically Fords design on this car gaurantees that the car rots out at the center of the rocker first and then the back 1/3 if not at the same time. Water must get in near the doors and drain into the rocker, and/or spray from the road gets in the front and drains to the middle (low point). Water then overflows and drains to the final 1/3 of the rocker and rots the metal here. Meanwhile the front half of the rocker is in perfect condition. If you have yet to check yours I reccommend doing it soon, as too many of us have found ours in poor to failing condition.

The lack of thought in this design just baffles me. Infact alot of cars from that 90s-mid 2000 era suffer from this design. Lets put a hollow inclosed metal tube on the bottom of the car with little tiny holes that will be 99% blocked by pins for drainage. Pure stupidity. The car may do well in southern California but it needs/should be desinged to last in the worst conditions for every material/component.

I wonder why none of us have thought of drilling a few 1/4" or 3/8" holes on the bottom of them for draining.

I wonder why none of us have thought of drilling a few 1/4" or 3/8" holes on the bottom of them for draining.

RustWheelWellL_zps7a18e17f.jpg

Starting point is the rear tire area. Open hole from the tire spash into the rocker. Mine had mud in it. Used garden hose and flushed the mud out through the hole in the fender and other openings. I scrubbed the area with soap and water, dried good, closed the openings with seam sealer, then undercoat spary over that.

I see this as poor factory seam sealing. That as they missed the seam all together here.

-chart-

I had to take it to the jobsite today and went for a spirited drive on the scenic way home. I haven't been able to open her up on a curvy road in a while so that was nice.

Went to Ray's Electronics in Bloomingdale, IL today to pick up a 6000k HID Kit w/ Relay. Install took literally 5 minutes....

I see every damn Honda do something like this. I'm thinking about grabbing a Honda emblem at a junkyard and do this LOL

IMG_1806.jpg

I did this to my Bull :(

IMG_1482.jpg?t=1376436337

I hate Illinois...

But, at least she's legal. :)

IMAG3187_zpsb1467f99.jpg

IMAG3188_zpsb0ab2b7d.jpg

Brought home another bull.

Free except for cost of title transfer (40.75)

IMAG3189_zpsa26495e3.jpg

Started teardown already. It's a 97 ls with duratec, cloth/leather, column shift, eatc, mach. No sunroof basically. 154k miles and prior salvage title. They bought it with salvage title, then she hit a dog and a deer and I put a fender, bumper, grille, and headlight into it. This time she hit a deer going 60 with no time to react. Sold them our green 97 GL. Plans are to fix and flip this one.

Jeez, I only paid $78, and mine is eight years newer...

Illinois, the land of Lincoln! Provides each newer than 25 years Passenger car with a base price of $101.00 to renew the sticker. Now, if you're weird, and opt for standard Vanity plates... You now pay $114, Now let's say you get a specialty plate, such as Brian's Route 66 Plates... Standard plate (Random numbers), Annual renewal - $128 ($101 registration fee + $27 Illinois Route 66 license plates fee). Then vanity plates are annual renewal - $141 ($101 registration fee + $27 Illinois Route 66 license plates fee + $13 vanity fee). Some specialty plates are a bit cheaper, but seems average is $27 extra. Yeah, I'll keep my standard regular plates. Getting close to antique, so I can get extended use plates and pay less. Thankfully...

And that Sable looks like a great car Vash! A bit of work and she ought to be like new! :)