Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Sloppy washer :P Have you heard of ONR? Optimum No-Rinse. Awesome product, I use it to wash my car...well I guess car(s) now since I have 2 that still have paint.

Got the SHO cams welded yesterday. Now to find el cheapo spark plug well gaskets, get the SHO pushed into the garage, change plugs, clean it up inside, reassemble, and drive/evaluate.

I am not a Sloppy washer!!!! Just very thorough. ;) Haha

I have heard of those types of products although I am very conventional using my soap and water technique which hasn't let me down! I am always looking for suggestions on new products. May just have to check it out.

Anyways the 2005 got new brake pads today!

2eey8ox.jpg

I am not a Sloppy washer!!!! Just very thorough. ;) Haha

I have heard of those types of products although I am very conventional using my soap and water technique which hasn't let me down! I am always looking for suggestions on new products. May just have to check it out.

Anyways the 2005 got new brake pads today!

2eey8ox.jpg

And you checked your guide pins for clean and grease?

I did not and had a do over. Had to use vice grips to get the pin out.

And a bit of humor for the cold climate.

-chart-

Oh they are very well lubed!!!! Thanks for the reminder though!

Thanks for the cold weather humor. At least there is no snow here.

Thank God for small favors.

Driving to Buffalo tomorrow and back.

And again next Monday the 17th.

About 150 miles each way where we are going.

New treads on the LIn and no more coolant leak with the new pressure cap.

Got confidence.

150 miles on Thursday and 140 on Friday past and holding just fine.

Brake job looks fine, you got a place to work.

-chart-

LOL @ the dog. I like it.

What grease should you use on the caliper pins? Just curious. I'm going to grease mine up my next brake job.

There is grease made especially for brakes and calipers. It's a high temp synthetic grease. Contains stuff like MOLY, PTFE, Graphite.

There is grease made especially for brakes and calipers. It's a high temp synthetic grease. Contains stuff like MOLY, PTFE, Graphite.

I use CV joint grease just because I have it.

-chart-

I use CV joint grease just because I have it.

-chart-

I was gonna say, it's pretty much the same stuff.

Did not get the oil pan gasket leak fixed - was off work with back problem. Will try to schedule this month now that I'm not confined to bed with heating pad and muscle relaxers. Still looking for heated mirror glass to go in my freshly painted caps !

I jumped it, drove it to the local gas station(in 3rd gear), put $20 of regular and some fuel stabilizer in it. Cleaned the engine compartment, and gave it a quick bath with the pressure washer. Everything(but the tranny)still works. Repairs once again put on hold-the Audi wagon blew a CV boot :icon_frown: .

Did not get the oil pan gasket leak fixed - was off work with back problem. Will try to schedule this month now that I'm not confined to bed with heating pad and muscle relaxers. Still looking for heated mirror glass to go in my freshly painted caps !

Sorry to hear you are not well!

Get well soon!

-chart-

IMAG2185.jpg

Unburried the 89 and pulled the starter finally to find some chewed teeth, but I think they are good enough for now that I can just get by with throwing the new starter in.

The cams were welded on the 97 this weekend. Successful adventure, pics to follow!!!

The 87 decided it had done enough torque converter unlock/locking, so I am back to where I was...Code 39 is back to haunt me again!

Guess I really need to get the SHO put back together ASAP so I can take it on my trip to Atlanta on Dec 22 :o

The cams were welded on the 97 this weekend. Successful adventure, pics to follow!!!

The 87 decided it had done enough torque converter unlock/locking, so I am back to where I was...Code 39 is back to haunt me again!

Guess I really need to get the SHO put back together ASAP so I can take it on my trip to Atlanta on Dec 22 :o

Good to hear about the cams.

Not good to hear about the TC again :( Hopefully it's something simple this time.

The oil pan is f*%ked. I tried putting in an oversized self-tapping plug and it still leaks! So I'm just going to get a pan from rockauto and have the shop put it on. Dammit I don't need this right now!

Edit... Aaaand rockauto doesn't carry oil pans! Great. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Wait.

What about a longer self tapper? Eric the Car GUy Suggested Using a longer bolt first before oversize.

I could get you an oil pan from pull a part if you want.

Wait.

What about a longer self tapper? Eric the Car GUy Suggested Using a longer bolt first before oversize.

I could get you an oil pan from pull a part if you want.

Well the pan threads were partially rounded when the old bolt spun so I didn't want to risk it. Probably could have done it anyway. Oh well.

Yeah a pan from a jy would be good. I would do it myself except all the yards up here are mudpits right now. How hard is it to drop the y-pipe anyway?

PITA on a car from your neck of the woods. Rusty studs. Start apply ATF all over the studs where the nuts tighten up and get your torch.

Got the 89 SHO running tonight! Put the new starter in this afternoon after class. Took 3 tries on an almost dead battery (had been trickle charging it for a little while before) with a booster pack for it to stay running but have to give it credit it hasnt run in months and its about -5 degrees out right now... Runs pretty good too yet. So glad to have it running again.

Mich Defender on the wagon this am. One has half ounce weight, other none.

As the Lin MXV4 last week, neither needed a weight.

I watched them put on the balancer and both came up 0.0.

I think (dangerous) balance on alloys is the tire is not round or thicker onone side than the other.

Mich does a fine job in my op.

Today was different at the store.

They had a Dodge of some sort, and could not get the lugs off the front. Nuts stripped on the threads a would spin but not come off.

They were using a cutting torch on them, causing me to be a bit longer for them to get to mine.2 guys cutting and punching with a hammer.

When I left they were still working on it.

Anyway, the wagon drives nice, really smooth.

MXV4 cheaper for the 225 on the Lin, Defender cheaper for the 215 on the Sable.

Go figure.

-chart

I didn't do it but the boy rear ended a jeep.

D9E3F790-FE28-4694-8D8B-9550A509DDA9-1232-0000021FD0D4D1F7.jpg

That car looks pissed.

That car looks pissed.

Does not look all that bad to me.

~$45 hood at Pick A Part and realign the headlamps.

Old Taurri do not die easily.

-chart-