Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

New tires, new brakes, and have an appt to get that pesky oil pan gasket leak fixed.

Passengers now smell it and try to tactfully ask if my car is getting ready to ignite. :evil:

This morning I stepped out the front door to see my rear window shattered :( . This was the wiper deleted wagon glass. I don't know what happened, glass was inside the car and on the ground. Nothing was stolen. I've been parking outside for the past two weeks due to two cars in the garage being worked on. :banghead:

This morning I stepped out the front door to see my rear window shattered :( . This was the wiper deleted wagon glass. I don't know what happened, glass was inside the car and on the ground. Nothing was stolen. I've been parking outside for the past two weeks due to two cars in the garage being worked on. :banghead:

Man that sucks! Could be some dumb ass kid!

Met with Brian_05_SEL north of Milwaukee earlier today, traded some goods and admired each others vehicles. SES sport wheels should make an appearance on my car sometime in spring, as well as aftermarket black centennial headlamps.

• Like 1

Do you live on a busy street? A Hard neighborhood? Do you see any debris or rocks anywhere? It just isn't something that happens on its own of course.

Anyways... my bull got a detail and some love. I took some photos with my friend Josh. I am just so excited about how well they came out so I had to share one. oqbmz8.jpg

Do you live on a busy street? A Hard neighborhood? Do you see any debris or rocks anywhere? It just isn't something that happens on its own of course.

Nope, none of the above. Quiet country road with only about 60 cars a day passing by. The wag was backed up close to the house, the Exploder and Sable were closer to the road. I was working on my sister-in-law's Trooper until 11:30 or 12:00 last night and everything was fine.

Dang tose are sum sweet looking cars!!

Edited by double--negative

I drove the chestnut Duratec around a 120mph today. I still love that car. I also made the connection on the noise suppressor fit tight. The boy had been driving it for no telling how long with ignition whine.

Met with Brian_05_SEL north of Milwaukee earlier today, traded some goods and admired each others vehicles. SES sport wheels should make an appearance on my car sometime in spring, as well as aftermarket black centennial headlamps.

IMG_7221.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

:mj_banana: Impromptu mini-meet!

IMG_7219.jpg

Yep, THub has some snazzy new alloys for his Taurus. :notworthy: You see, Sean? I relinquished the center caps (without too much of a struggle... :ph34r: )

Oh, and we figured out that the previous owner of this car already installed Moog CC859 cargo springs out back. Woohoo! :party:

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_7231.jpg

Yes, I am quite impressed that the previous owner invested in putting new struts and springs on all 4 cornors before trading the car in. I remember when I first got the car all the springs looked new, that was ~20,000 miles ago.

Washed mine for the first time today. I'm not the best car washer in the world, but I thought I did a darn good job.

post-2191-0-69280600-1353522916_thumb.jp

Also played a CD-R I burned yesterday, but my CD player is making it skip whenever driving. It worked flawlessly when I first used it, but the laser movement might be a little stiff. :/

Finishing up the fuel system swap today. Had to pre-fab a ton of things. All good though. :)

Washed mine for the first time today. I'm not the best car washer in the world, but I thought I did a darn good job.

post-2191-0-69280600-1353522916_thumb.jp

Also played a CD-R I burned yesterday, but my CD player is making it skip whenever driving. It worked flawlessly when I first used it, but the laser movement might be a little stiff. :/

Looks really good! Mine only gets washed once or twice a year. I'm lazy.

As for the CD player, you could try one of those CD player cleaner things from wally world to clean up the laser.

I stole the almost brand new battery out of mine in favor of the old one. I don't think it needs a new battery at this time.

Diagnosed the spun rod bearing as the number 5 cylinder. Might try replacing just the bearings, if the crank is not ruined, just to buy a little time until a proper rebuild can be done.

As for the CD player, you could try one of those CD player cleaner things from wally world to clean up the laser.

The CD player played fine today on the way to a bike ride, but I'll consider doing it soon if it keeps acting up.

Edit:

Looks really good! Mine only gets washed once or twice a year. I'm lazy.

It almost looked brand new when I first got it. There's a local auto detailer which does a good job to even where they wash Porsches and Mercedes. And plus I'm the second owner, so all is well.

Edited by knox777

Did timing belt and front main on the 91 SHO yesterday. Whoever did the belt last got the timing a couple of teeth off on the front cams. Runs SIGNIFICANTLY better. Next on the list is getting a clutch in it so i can drive it about and work out the rest of the bugs.

Fuel pump in the 89 SHO died Wed night. Picked up a pump along with sparkplugs and wires. Might as well knock out some maint while i am at it. Left it at my folks house overnight however, and came to find this the next day when i went to move it into the driveway :rant2:

20121121185630.jpg

So now i get to find a new windshield for the 89 as well. Don't think there were many words i left out of the book that evening.

My mom's 07 got a set of brand new Toyos and my dad's 97 got a set of used tires thrown on. My Taurus and Sable have not seen much love lately.

I took out my back seat and found $.35! I'm feeling lucky.....

Parked it in the blistering cold outside because my garage is full of unwanted crap at the moment.

The Sable? Eh, I chased a squirrel away yesterday that was eyeing it in a way that made me very uncomfortable. My fleet of Bulls hasn't the best of luck when it comes to squirrels...

This is probably gonna sound damn silly but I'll ask it any way...

With all the problems with the coolant becoming contaminated with stuff from the block etc, etc, has anyone maybe an engineering type,

thought of or tried some type of filter and no I don't mean a heater core( I can hear that joke coming...LOL)

that we could replace every few months to keep the system from clogging up?

Or maybe a small sump/ trap. I know we use filters for coolant on cutting machines at work,

but they use them for mainly filtering out metal debris...

Is this a dumb idea or maybe not? Maybe there are temp/ flow issues... I dunno

coolercore.jpg

~Zep

Edited by mwzephyr

I have heard a bar of scented soap will keep mice away, maybe squirrels also do not like the scent, don't want the sable ending up like the blue 02 bull.

I went to the junk yard and managed to pull a nice set of factory battery cables to replace my aftermarket junk terminals. Got them for free.

I did something that sounds ridiculous but I wanted it to work right...

I searched two u-pull it jyards and and found the plastic pins and little springs to

re-attach the cassette compartment door in my flipout between the front seats.

Now I can sleep tonight...

ROLF

Also replaced my idler pulley as it started screaming,

the night before on the way home and it scared the

chocolate outta me as we were 30 miles from home. :icon_rolleyes: I had no idea what the problem was

and corn and soybean fields don't make for good rest stops...

At the time I thought she was gonna die on the road, but Angel got us home.

Boy I was relieved it was only the pulley wheel...

~Zep

Edited by mwzephyr

Care to elaborate? :P

Sure.

2002 Taurus SE- engine bay wiring harness ripped to shreds by a hungry squirrel.

2005 Taurus SEL- newborn squirrel left in a makeshift nest that mama squirrel constructed under-hood (between the airbox, transmission case, and battery).

1996 Taurus GL- ran over a fat squirrel in the road. Eww, so messy...