What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you think anyone really cares??

You are an egotistical asshole. I'm not the only one on this forum that thinks this, either. Go f**k yourself...wait, you probably already do--'cause no one else would...except your butt buddy Stevi

He's the latest former Taurus owner to see the light and defect to the glory of the Panther platform

Posted Images

May I remind you guys you have a 1 behind those 7 wins, and guess who handed you that loss. Oh thats right.

That is certainly true, Trace.

You know what though, even the Allied forces acknowledged how effective Hitler was as a military strategist. But when it comes down to it, right vs. wrong is still indisputable. B) Go Bears!

Coming back from the dead again...

Car got put back on the road in middle of september, got Centennials, new struts, new rotors, good old tune-up, blah blah blah...

Was super excited to see my car with 1/2" of drop after the strut tab mod but my old Motorcraft struts (possibly still the originals?!) were so seized my car actually grew 3/4" in the front... :icon_lol:

Finally got my 4 oil samples sent in the mail from the last year and a half... and to be honest I'm scared. We'll see what it says, hopefully the motor's still got some life left. New jobsite means between work and back, and some pleasure in between, I'm driving over 60 miles a day. Put 3000 miles on it in about a month and a half... Should roll over 210K miles (338,000 kms) in the next couple weeks.

Other then that, just keep 'er full of gas... 22mpg US mixed still, so no complaints there.

Ian

Nothing new to speak of lately, besides droppin' in a full tank of go-go juice, and after doing the math, I'm getting about 13mpg lately.

May I remind you guys you have a 1 behind those 7 wins, and guess who handed you that loss. Oh thats right.

Hmm... Bears - Packers rivalry...

Chicago currently leads the series 92–87–6

Bears 61, Packers 7 (December 7, 1980) - After the Packers had suffered the second most lopsided defeat in their history, Bart Starr charged across the field to confront Bears coach Neill Armstrong. Starr was upset because Bears defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan had the Bears blitzing from all angles in the fourth quarter. "Bart Starr was upset," Armstrong said after the game. "He did the talking and I did the listening. He said he'd rather not hear what I had to say, something to that effect, and he left." Two years later, Bill Tobin, the Bears' vice president of player personnel at the time, revealed that he had been instructed by general manager Jim Finks during the off-season to study film and decode the Packers' signal system for relaying plays to the quarterback. Tobin, who had been in the Packers' front office during the Devine years, had been fired by Starr in 1975 as part of a wholesale housecleaning. "I went at it like a tiger does good meat," Tobin said at the time. "We wanted 100 points," defensive end Dan Hampton said. "It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of pricks."

Rusty, how in the heck did you get 13mpg!? My worst was like 16.8. You like flooring it from every stop? haha!

Marilyn is thirsty. And, maybe, I have a heavy right foot. PCV service needs done, too, but I've been lazy.

But hey, it could be worse. I was lucky to get 10 when I had the Olds.

I mean, when I have a heavy foot I get around 19 mpg. I do a lot of highway driving though. Really depends on the tank. Sometimes I'll drive 60-65mph the entire way (speed limits around here are 55-60, 65 if I go to IL), but some tanks I'll drive 70-80. I haven't been driving that fast recently because my car needs an alignment and the rear passenger tire needs to be balance, so I'm sticking to 60mph for now.

I just feel like 13mpg is pretty bad. Get that PCV fixed, I had the same issue when mine was busted, but better than 13mpg! Throw in some additive on your next oil change (in the gas tank not oil) and go full synthetic (unless you have never used full synthetic before... could open up leaks like happened when I switched!)

She always gets a blend with the oil, and I don't care much for the tank additives, really. Though, I think I'm gonna seafoam it when I do the PCV and oil change here soon.

Today I finally picked up the new emissions decal for Marilyn, though. So there's something I've done lately LOL.

You do your own oil? What type of oil (brand and weight)? How much does it cost for a 5qt jug. I know the oil pan capacity is 5.5qts, does anyone actually buy an extra qt to put half of it in (random I know, but thought about it). I buy my oil in 5 gallon jugs. $26 for 5 gal of valvoline 5w-20 full synthetic, it would cost me $7 for an addl' qt.

Yay for emissions stickers. Keepin' the car legal. Never cared much for seafoam (except in the gas tank), and I've heard a lot of opposition to it. Of course I have never used it. I use the lucas usually. 3-5oz in the gas tank every oil change. I hear the chevron is the best, but I've also used the STP complete. Don't know if it really does anything, but I use it every time just to be safe.

You do your own oil? What type of oil (brand and weight)? How much does it cost for a 5qt jug. I know the oil pan capacity is 5.5qts, does anyone actually buy an extra qt to put half of it in (random I know, but thought about it). I buy my oil in 5 gallon jugs. $26 for 5 gal of valvoline 5w-20 full synthetic, it would cost me $7 for an addl' qt.

Yay for emissions stickers. Keepin' the car legal. Never cared much for seafoam (except in the gas tank), and I've heard a lot of opposition to it. Of course I have never used it. I use the lucas usually. 3-5oz in the gas tank every oil change. I hear the chevron is the best, but I've also used the STP complete. Don't know if it really does anything, but I use it every time just to be safe.

The emissions label I meant was the one on the header panel. Wrecked the car earlier in the year, and the replacement panel I got was from a Vulcan, so I had to update the label. I use Wolf's Head 5W30 blend, 6 qts till full, plus an extra to carry along for top-offs. I pay around 3-somethin a quart, plus the PureONE filter, which is around 6 bucks or so, I think. I've never used Seafoam before, but I've heard good things, myself. But then again, I have been saying I'm gonna do ti for a couple years now, and haven't. Anyway, Marilyn needs some new wipers, so I'm gettin' some of them floppy deals today. Work real good on the Cobalt, so I'll try 'em on the Taurus.

99 SE v-6 3.0 Vulcan Taurus: new tires, oil change, had to have dealer flush system 3 times to get heater core opened, had windshield replaced from gravel splash the other day. Replaced 1 brake line to rear. Looking at replacing rear struts. Got a upper manifold intake from JY and cleaned and in painting to replace. Engine needed a nice look/ a little color- Blue metallic. maybe swap out this weekend... lots of ideas but less money than ideas. LOL ~Zep

Edited by mwzephyr

Seafoam works wonders... if done RIGHT. Smoke show!!! And of course, you have to do it carefully... but it turned my buddy's CEL off on his 01 'Tec and got his engine to stop misfiring! When I did mine, it idled so much smoother. I use Lucas Fuel Injector Cleaner/Upper Cylinder Lubricant in the gas tank.

j14zfn.jpg

Nothing new to speak of lately, besides droppin' in a full tank of go-go juice, and after doing the math, I'm getting about 13mpg lately.

I only get about 14-15 mpg doing city driving. On the highway it does a lot better. I haven't taken it on a long haul for awhile, but the last time I did all highway driving I averaged in the upper twenties. I have done a tune-up, pcv, and the MAF was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. Although I've been having an issue with the trans, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm experience low mpgs. Rusty, if you do use Seafoam, I'm interested to see if your mpgs go up.

I only get about 14-15 mpg doing city driving. On the highway it does a lot better. I haven't taken it on a long haul for awhile, but the last time I did all highway driving I averaged in the upper twenties. I have done a tune-up, pcv, and the MAF was replaced about 10,000 miles ago. Although I've been having an issue with the trans, so I'm wondering if that's why I'm experience low mpgs. Rusty, if you do use Seafoam, I'm interested to see if your mpgs go up.

Well, I dunno if it will do much for it or not, but still not 100% certain that I'm gonna be doing it. They say don't fix what ain't broke, ya know. hahaha

My mpg comes from a combo of in town and highway, mostly highway and open roads, very few stop signs and whatnot.

So you manage to get 14mpg on mostly highway? Something is not right about that. You ever use cruise control? Do you go on and off the throttle a lot? That is a good way to waste gas.

Well, I dunno if it will do much for it or not, but still not 100% certain that I'm gonna be doing it. They say don't fix what ain't broke, ya know. hahaha

My mpg comes from a combo of in town and highway, mostly highway and open roads, very few stop signs and whatnot.

My '03 Sable DOHC, last Mon/Tue.

307 miles 11.6 gal = 26.5 mpg.

Mixed, driving, 2 cold starts, (it is cold in NY) good deal Interstare/Toll road and I was pushing it a bit because were were off schedule do to a closed exit off the Interstate and we had to go extra miles. By memory, ~45 miles 2 lane, little towns, one or two stop lights towns, and 9 stops for eats or other activities which involved stop lights.

Of course some variation in how it could be filled, but I was on level both fills and filled it to shutoff, then second time to shutoff. On this car, I get maybe 0.2gal on second try so this car is full when it is full. Heading out again tomorrow but only about 150 miles of PA mountains this time.

The Lin is in the shop for coolant pressure testing. It is loosing coolant. I FEAR a head gasket. $$$$$$$

We will see.

-chart-

Don't worry Rusty I am sure I am running alot lower than that. I had half a tank beginning of last week and I am down to a quarter today, I couldn't have driven more than 25 miles. 22.5gallon tank you do the math...thats 4.5mpg in a perfect world. I start the truck in the morning it idles for 5 min, then a 3/4 mile drive to school, where I usually idle for another 3-5 min while I listen to the radio and wait to walk to class. I figure I would rather have the engine warm up fully and get piss poor mileage than cold start it and take off and shut it off just as cold.

The 4.0 is known to be a hog, but I guarantee I will get 20-21mpg on my drive back to green bay next week. Based off of last years figures when the truck had H/T tires, now i'm running All terrain tires so i might loose a bit.

So you manage to get 14mpg on mostly highway? Something is not right about that. You ever use cruise control? Do you go on and off the throttle a lot? That is a good way to waste gas.

If you are referring to my post, I get about 14-15 mpg in the city. The highway mileage is usually better, but I haven't done much highway driving recently.

No, I was indicating that Rusty just got 14mpg and he says he does mostly highway driving or roads that don't have stop and go.

I do around 70% highway driving and manage to get 20mpg. I just looked at the window sticker from 00 and it says 20mpg city, 28mpg highway. That's only true if the highway speed limits were still 55mph! I have been able to achieve 28mpg on country roads with 55mph speed limits and no traffic.

The only reason that I don't want this car is the gas. Otherwise I love everything about it. I would drive a small 4cyl car like a V6, so my milage probably wouldn't be much better anyways! Therefore I'm keeping my merc.