Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Aren't you supposed to replace them every 30k on the ffv motor?

Yes, every 30K or 40K based on how she's driven, from the info on All-Data ( great site IMO)

Has an Auto-tech student, school been a blast, we get " play " with all kinds of great stuff, they even demo, how to service an Chevy Volt & Nissan Leaf, and we got to test drive them ( both cars are way too little for me ) and we even got to play with Nissan Skyline GTR-33 & Toyota Sprinter Trueno "AE86" from Japan.

but most of class can't wait till we get to the back-end of the program, with classes in auto accessories, engine performance.:D & transmissions-&-drivetrain's 1 and 2, but now we're starting Air condition servicing

anything on the Taurus, I should be on the lookout for when servicing the AC?

Edited by rknight

^ sounds fun. I'm probably going to take the auto tech course program here in the spring. So sick of the service industry.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Over the past week I've finally gotten my doglegs cleaned up and painted the correct color. Pics when I get around to it.

• Like 1

Working hard at school, put in new battery, spark plugs and wires , plus got my Snap-on Certification for Automotive Electrical and Electric Tool Safety.

542240_4375392378909_354527738_n.jpg

I believe you have the spec 58R battery rather than the optional 36R.

580-90 vs 650-130 CCA-reserve.

Doubt there is a difference in price.

My '01 book still shows both for Vulcan but my '03 book shows only the 36R. (R as in right side positive terminal or reverse depending)

Just changed mine in the '01 but DOHC had 36R only for that engine.

Congrats on your schooling.

-chart-

Had a somewhat local glass shop replace the windshield in the Sable while I was at work tonight, been driving around for months with big old rock chips and never even knew I had glass coverage through my insurance... And now that I have the Cougar to drive the Sable can sit parked and actually get some attention.

Changed the oil in the 2000 today. I am ashamed. I hadn't changed it in 5,000 miles/March I misread the reminder sticker. I never let it slip, arg. I have added probably 1-1.5 quarts since it's last change. The front crank seal appears to be weeping/leaking as it's wet in that area around the harmonic balancer. And it's dripping down the side and down onto the pan and burning on the exhaust.

AutoZone had a deal on Motorcraft oil & filter awhile back. 5 quarts + filter for $20. So now that job's done until 3K miles or 3 months.

AutoZone always has a deal, just changes brands each month.

was enjoying the room in the back

09232012879.jpg

lol

09232012880.jpg

removed the seat belt to the gone center seat.

Fix my missfire

Got the front of the motor almost torn down. The harmonic balancer is a bear to get off. It's coming off slowly, gotta turn it then whack it with a hammer and wood block letting it sit occasionally to loosen up.

What are you looking at?? :ph34r:

IMG_7085.jpg

What are you looking at?? :ph34r:

IMG_7085.jpg

Glad to see they made it there not broken brother ;)

Over the past week I've finally gotten my doglegs cleaned up and painted the correct color. Pics when I get around to it.

Now that I finally have a semi-operational computer, I can put up the pics of the dogleg cleanup. It's not the best, but it will do for now. And before you say anything, yes, I know the rockers look like hell. On the list is a set of painted G3 mouldings.

0929121245.jpg

0929121247.jpg

0929121246.jpg

• Like 1

Now that I finally have a semi-operational computer, I can put up the pics of the dogleg cleanup. It's not the best, but it will do for now. And before you say anything, yes, I know the rockers look like hell. On the list is a set of painted G3 mouldings.

0929121245.jpg

0929121247.jpg

0929121246.jpg

what is a dog leg brother... your rockers would pop out nice if black just my .002

what is a dog leg brother... your rockers would pop out nice if black just my .002

The area between the rear door and the tire.

The area between the rear door and the tire.

And the place where Taurus/Sables rust through first.

Got one.

-chart-

Those doglegs are lookin good Rusty. Nice work.

• Like 1

Those doglegs are lookin good Rusty. Nice work.

Thanks dude.

nice work brother.. here in Florida we don't see that :rolleyes:sorry

Thanks, Mine aren't too bad, I have seen much worse up here than mine. I try and keep the salt blown off in the winter. Now, I have no clue what my rockers look like right now, as I haven't had the moudlings off in 3 years. Hopefully not bad LOL

I know my rockers are probably bad.. and that is why I choose not to take the black covers off out of fear of what I will find. My driver side dogleg is starting to fall apart. The passenger side is great. But that driver's side... ehh needs some attention. Want to do mine Rusty? That came out well!

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

Sure :lol:

Mine is not close to being fixed correctly, basically just cleaned up and prettied. Once I get some free time in the daylight (which is quickly disappearing on us) I need to get in and grind out the junk.

You gotta attack the rust. I am happy I went ahead and paid the 600 2 years ago to fix the rusted out dog leg, it is still looking good today. On the topic of the rockers, I have to admit I was worried when I began to remove them but they weren't near as bad as i thought. I am gald that I did remove them and find a big rusted hole in between the front and rear door, I'm pretty sure I slowed down that rust good by smashing most of it out and coating the remaining with POR 15 and then a body patch. Who knows how fast and big that hole could have gotten. Now that I know my rockers are ok, i plan on removing them every spring to wash them clean from the previous winter.

Took Gold Nightmare to dads shop to change the tires out.

10012012904.jpg

10012012905.jpg

yeah they were gone!

10012012901.jpg

then i beat up a few dudes and woke up in a trunk....... had to take a photo. LOL No i had to wire my amps again. its easier to just get in the trunk to do that.

10012012902.jpg

Then put a new radio in today Pain in the ass. had to rewire the turn on to the amps and power to the head unit. still not done i want to add more pre-amp cables

10032012912.jpg

10032012913.jpg

10032012915.jpg

Hit limits of the stock radio so i had to go aftermarket. Mids are so much better and my bass now blends with the music. But not when I'm being dumb like in the videos.

th_10032012062.jpg

th_10032012061.jpg

this set up is temporary for now, oh yeah that cup was full dry.gif