Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

Swaybar related, or LCA bushing.

okay, here is my question then.

Am i safe to put it off for a month or two?

I cannot afford it yet.

Guest Jay144

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your front end doesn't shake and shimmy going down the road, does it?? Then, I'd be worried.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Your front end doesn't shake and shimmy going down the road, does it?? Then, I'd be worried.

Nope, straight as an arrow, no wallowing at all, just a clicky noise over bumps.

the ball joint WAS bad, my theory was that this car was used in philly, hence the scrapes on the bumpers and the fender dent, and that philly is not the best about road maintence (pa is bad in general) caused that tire to hit a lot of potholes.

Nope, straight as an arrow, no wallowing at all, just a clicky noise over bumps.

the ball joint WAS bad, my theory was that this car was used in philly, hence the scrapes on the bumpers and the fender dent, and that philly is not the best about road maintence (pa is bad in general) caused that tire to hit a lot of potholes.

Jersey roads aren't too much better than PA. Have you been on Route 73 from the Tacony Bridge all the way to the AC Expressway? That is one bumpy road, although they have repaved portions of it.

Jersey roads aren't too much better than PA. Have you been on Route 73 from the Tacony Bridge all the way to the AC Expressway? That is one bumpy road, although they have repaved portions of it.

That road is bad, but why are you taking it all the way to the ACE, the best way is to take 295 down to 42 then down to the ACE, avoiding a lot of traffic, or since you are in PA taking 95 to 76 to 42 to ace.

The family and I just took the car on a trip to the Vancouver area to see family for it's third time and put 2300 km on it. The little vulcan handled the 8% grades on the passes without breaking a sweat which was nice. The only problem was some oil dripped from the timing cover to the belt causing it to squeal at high rpm.

I just put the summer wheels back on yesterday so no more rusty steelies.

That road is bad, but why are you taking it all the way to the ACE, the best way is to take 295 down to 42 then down to the ACE, avoiding a lot of traffic, or since you are in PA taking 95 to 76 to 42 to ace.

Because traffic isn't much better on 95 or 42 depending on the time of day.

Ran a new line driver power wire today along with a new wire for the fog light remote switch through the firewall. Prepped the fog lights for new wiring (to a point anyway), and ran the rca cable down the passenger side then over the back seat under the carpet. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and tape to try and shield it from any interference.

And here's a shot of the grommet I used to bring my wires into the cabin. This is looking towards the back of the car in the drivers wheel well with the splash guard removed.

grommet.jpg

Ran a new line driver power wire today along with a new wire for the fog light remote switch through the firewall. Prepped the fog lights for new wiring (to a point anyway), and ran the rca cable down the passenger side then over the back seat under the carpet. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and tape to try and shield it from any interference.

And here's a shot of the grommet I used to bring my wires into the cabin. This is looking towards the back of the car in the drivers wheel well with the splash guard removed.

grommet.jpg

Must be a g4.5 thing. Mine don't have that grommet

I wouldnt be so sure.

Gen 2's have that grommet as well, though its a bit more buried in the firewall. i use it for the same thing as Angrod. got my sub amp power wire through that, as well as my power and accessory wires for my LED fogs. works beautifully.

156224_272815846150268_100002655640835_529887_284835991_n.jpg

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

Edited by Shady_J

That's perfect! I was about to finish my LED foglamp install and was just working on the best path for running a power wire from the SJB... :D

Thanks for the info, Angrod and Shady. :salute:

I wouldnt be so sure.

Gen 2's have that grommet as well, though its a bit more buried in the firewall. i use it for the same thing as Angrod. got my sub amp power wire through that, as well as my power and accessory wires for my LED fogs. works beautifully.

Ill get a pic up when i go out for a smoke.

$had3 :ford::merc:others-261.gif

i am absolutely sure that my car dont have that grommet dry.gif

check this thread

if its more burried in the firewall and cant be accessed from the fender well then its not the same grommet. :blink:

Rain-X'ed all windows, front, back, and sides :) Mirrors too!

Put on a 99 hubcap I found on the side of the road, just for kicks...

Posted a ton of pictures from last week in the Photo/Video subforum!

I washed and waxed the car (most of it) no word of rain in the forcast until tomorrow. And what does it do?! It's been raining all night I got the whole car done minus the trunk lid before it rained... Got one picture of the car and now its covered in crap from the tree...

post-20-0-73723300-1337403707_thumb.jpg

I washed and waxed the car (most of it) no word of rain in the forcast until tomorrow. And what does it do?! It's been raining all night I got the whole car done minus the trunk lid before it rained... Got one picture of the car and now its covered in crap from the tree...

post-20-0-73723300-1337403707_thumb.jpg

Guaranteed best way to end a drought...laugh.gif

What did I do to my Bull today? Took some pretty pictures of it. B)

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6479.jpg

Mmm, Silver Frost monochrome... :wub:

Pick A Part half price Sat.

Got a tire/wheel and door lock switch. $17 but with $10 core.

Actually only get $5 if it has a tire on it.

Se pics.

I watched the internet for new arrivals. Not many arrive with wheels that match my 2 Sables.

Tire pic is after I washed the dirt and grime off. Not really clean yet but have not checked the tire carefully but it has air in it.

This is a spare I will keep in my shed for when I have a flat or find it is better than one on either car.

Just sharing my morning.

-chart-

Pick A Part half price Sat.

Got a tire/wheel and door lock switch. $17 but with $10 core.

Actually only get $5 if it has a tire on it.

I did not realize that salvage yards charged a core charge for parts.

Is this a new fad?

Just a way to get more cash?

Usually, when I go for a part, it is because I do not have one.

Beautiful day for a trip to the yard.

I did not realize that salvage yards charged a core charge for parts.

Is this a new fad?

Just a way to get more cash?

Usually, when I go for a part, it is because I do not have one.

Beautiful day for a trip to the yard.

JY's make $ off scrap. Of high level value is alloy wheels. The value of scrap aluminum varries greatly depending on what kind of alloy it is. Mixed aluminum is low value. Alloy wheels are known alloy and quite valuable.

Other items like alternators, transmissions, engines, and such are a source of parts for rebuilders.

-chart-

Notice anything?

mesh.jpg

New grille.

You'd be correct sir.

Trying to decide if I want to keep the white background or get another black grill at the J/Y. At first, I didn't like with the white, but now I'm diggin' it once I saw it in the sunlight.

Also gave the headlights a fresh treatment. Once a month. ^_^

mesh2.jpg

also gave the headlights a fresh treatment. Once a month. ^_^

You know, I never understood why people do these treatments so often. My Calibers headlights are 5 years old and look brand new. However, I saw fellow Caliber the other day and the headlights were more yellow than a banana. :banana: If you wash your car at least once a week or every other, you shouldn't get any yellowing.

Well, it gets a bit hazy on the top of them, get's the most direct sunlight, I suppose. I really don't know how bad they'd get if I left them go. I just figure spending 5 minutes a month on them, (free supplies from my shop,) sure beats eventually spending money on new headlights.