• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8889 posts in this topic

Powerwashed the underside of the car in preparation for undercoating. Man was it dirty!!

I replaced the old rear signal bulbs (backup & brake/running) with SilverStar equivalents. Now, the only exterior lamps that aren't 4000k SilverStars are the four turn signal bulbs. That could change at any time, though. :ph34r:

IMG_4097.jpg

Either tomorrow night or during next weekend, I'm gonna have to respray the poly bushings on my rear swaybar with some silicone lube- they squeak, loudly. <_<

Brian, have u thought about a mach spoiler for your car? I think a body color one would help the SHO rocker moldings fit it bettter. Idk i may be wrong but it just a thought.

Kyle, I'd really need to see a Photoshop of how that would look before deciding one way or the other. I do like the suggestion, but it's gotta be Silver Frost and not matte black.

Added side mirror housings with puddle lamps. Then I wired in some heated mirrors...

Spent approximately three and a half hours undercoating the car front to back and the rear wheel wells. I used 10 of the 12 cans I bought (plus 2 cans of rust converter a few days before). All I can say is it better not rust any time soon!

I should have gotten a pic of me afterwards before I took a shower. I was covered in undercoat that had dripped of. It was in my hair, all over my face, and my arms were almost completely black like I had been digging around in the engine for a while. Good thing I wore safety glasses and a crappy shirt!

it easy about 3 4 month ago i decided to swap a 90 sho engine with mtx tranny into my 94 gl

and dash

been hell but it done

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6171.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

IMG_6176.jpg

IMG_6177.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6181.jpg

Swapped the AC/Heat controls and the radio spots. Now the radio is easily accessible without taking my eyes off the road. Pics later.

Swapped the AC/Heat controls and the radio spots. Now the radio is easily accessible without taking my eyes off the road. Pics later.

Sounds good, but as they say without pics it didnt happen!! tongue.gif

Just Kidding glad to see the motor swap is moving along!!

Got the Koni struts+ eibach springs(Thank you Paul!) along with the PBR cobra brakes installed. Man what a night and day difference! the suspension firmed up by about 50-60% percent and I can feel every single small bumps/irragularities on the road. Probably not for everyone but just what I wanted. Now the steering response drastically improved and I no longer have to turn the steering wheel as much or as hard while cornering, the difference is especially obvious when  entering tight corners with speed. With the eibach springs dropping the front ride height by 1.2 inches there is nearly no more nose dive to speak of. It's fair to say that the painful understeer syndrome I had with this car was completely cured! The Cobra brakes also shortened my 60-0 braking distance by quite a bit compared to the factory single piston brakes. That's with the worn oem PBR pads that those calipers came with..I am certain that when I finally replace the old rotor, the caliper will also receive a pair of Hawk HP+ pads, the true potential of those dual-piston calipers shall be fully revealed then.

Now to the not so pleasant part..new suspension noises appeared instantly after the installation, now I hear a knocking noise from both front strut area while going over speed bumps or when cornering really hard. I also flipped the bushings on the rear sway bar and reinstalled but wasn't able to cure the noise it makes, only quieted it down. I think I really need to get someone knowledgeable locally in DFW to help me check those noises out. If you are around here and willing to lend a hand please let me know, I will buy lunch/dinner etc. Thanks in advance.

The Cobra brakes also shortened my 60-0 braking distance by quite a bit compared to the factory single piston brakes. That's with the worn oem PBR pads that those calipers came with..I am certain that when I finally replace the old rotor, the caliper will also receive a pair of Hawk HP+ pads, the true potential of those dual-piston calipers shall be fully revealed then.

Awesome! Bullgeek and I are interested in the Cobra caliper upgrade, Once I retro the rear brakes to discs, I will have the confidence to play with the brake system then, hence my interest in the Cobra calipers.

I apologize as this may be redundant, but what else did you need to change to install those Cobra calipers? I would think the bracket possibly. Bullgeek and I both have the 11.6" rotors up front and 16" wheels.

Thanks In Advance!

Hi Micha! Yes the Cobra calipers are awesome. First thing you will notice after installation is the pedal firms up significantly, no more feelings like it's going to bottom out as with factory front disc an rear drum set up. I also have the rear disk brake done earlier this year. It's really straight forward for me possibly because my car isn't equipped with ABS to begin with. (and that fact that my friend did most of the work when I watched lol) if you don't have ABS then the factory bearing can be reused-I put new ones on anyway as a preventative replacement considering mine are 150k miles old. only thing tricky is the passeger side e brake cable will have nowhere to attach to-a problem that's easily solved by having it cable tied to the rear lower control arm. Don't worry, you will be able to get it done within 2-3 hours given you have all the parts needed.

The Cobra brakes will require nothing more then a pair of 94-04(99-04 preferred as their piston size was increased to 40mm instead of 38mm of the94-99, mine came from a 03) Cobra or Corvette C6? calipers with pads,and new crush washers. The factory flexable line and banjo bolts can be reused, the only thing needing modification are the brackets if you would like to reuse the factory 11.6 inch rotors which is what I did. You can find a local reputable machinist to do the work. I was lucky that a machining shop that does a lot of auto performance fabrication was around my office and did the work perfectly. basically get a pair of new mounting holes drilled and tapped the same size and thread pattern as the factory holes, cut the original holes off, then machine the mounting surface flat. , then you simply replace the factory caliper/bracket with the cobra ones. bolt on the factory flex line and you are done. If you need more detailed information I think I can find them somewhere.

One thing that's noteworthy is that I have a pair of those wheels in the front as the factory ones was destroyed impacting a nasty wreck on highway.

koninc.grm.ang.jpg

It appears to me that they have a little more space inside compared to the factory ones and clearance isn't a issue, I have not tried to mount the factory wheel over the cobra brakes, but I believe it will likely work too with less room to play with.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be glad to help you and Nick anyway I can.

Awesome! Bullgeek and I are interested in the Cobra caliper upgrade, Once I retro the rear brakes to discs, I will have the confidence to play with the brake system then, hence my interest in the Cobra calipers.

I apologize as this may be redundant, but what else did you need to change to install those Cobra calipers? I would think the bracket possibly. Bullgeek and I both have the 11.6" rotors up front and 16" wheels.

Thanks In Advance!

Hi Micha! Yes the Cobra calipers are awesome. First thing you will notice after installation is the pedal firms up significantly, no more feelings like it's going to bottom out as with factory front disc an rear drum set up. I also have the rear disk brake done earlier this year. It's really straight forward for me possibly because my car isn't equipped with ABS to begin with. (and that fact that my friend did most of the work when I watched lol) if you don't have ABS then the factory bearing can be reused-I put new ones on anyway as a preventative replacement considering mine are 150k miles old. only thing tricky is the passeger side e brake cable will have nowhere to attach to-a problem that's easily solved by having it cable tied to the rear lower control arm. Don't worry, you will be able to get it done within 2-3 hours given you have all the parts needed.

The Cobra brakes will require nothing more then a pair of 94-04(99-04 preferred as their piston size was increased to 40mm instead of 38mm of the94-99, mine came from a 03) Cobra or Corvette C6? calipers with pads,and new crush washers. The factory flexable line and banjo bolts can be reused, the only thing needing modification are the brackets if you would like to reuse the factory 11.6 inch rotors which is what I did. You can find a local reputable machinist to do the work. I was lucky that a machining shop that does a lot of auto performance fabrication was around my office and did the work perfectly. basically get a pair of new mounting holes drilled and tapped the same size and thread pattern as the factory holes, cut the original holes off, then machine the mounting surface flat. , then you simply replace the factory caliper/bracket with the cobra ones. bolt on the factory flex line and you are done. If you need more detailed information I think I can find them somewhere.

One thing that's noteworthy is that I have a pair of those wheels in the front as the factory ones was destroyed impacting a nasty wreck on highway.

koninc.grm.ang.jpg

It appears to me that they have a little more space inside compared to the factory ones and clearance isn't a issue, I have not tried to mount the factory wheel over the cobra brakes, but I believe it will likely work too with less room to play with.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I'd be glad to help you and Nick anyway I can.

Thanks!

thinking about having this made into a decal:

37532_1470257111070_1072885272_31336149_4064925_n.jpg

Opinions?? i have the original, just modded a little to my taste.

Shady_J :ford:

I think it's a bit too busy with the icons of the car on both sides

Unless you're making a poster for a Medieval-themed event or you're writing the Magna Carta, the font Olde English is trashy.

What Font do you suggest?

I want to go for the Lowrider-plaque-sign thingy. Where I live, reppin car clubs is big. especially in fancy lettering...

inquire?

I finally installed Cloth Gen3 SHO Seats into my car. Converted all the electronics, over for the Power Lumbar switch, and to make all the personal safety system stuff work, plus to simulate the airbag system. Pictures soon to come ;)

This is great because I also need to simulate the air bag system. how do you have any instructions?

Edited by clightsey

I finally installed Cloth Gen3 SHO Seats into my car. Converted all the electronics, over for the Power Lumbar switch, and to make all the personal safety system stuff work, plus to simulate the airbag system. Pictures soon to come ;)

This is great. I need to simulate the air ststem also

Where I live, reppin car clubs is big. especially in fancy lettering...

In Becker County? :blink:

What Font do you suggest?

I want to go for the Lowrider-plaque-sign thingy. Where I live, reppin car clubs is big. especially in fancy lettering...

inquire?

A modern sans serif font would be best. Try "transport" or "blue highway" (you'll need to find them on the internet as they aren't default fonts). You also can't go wrong with helvetica (I think this is a default font on macs only).

In Becker County? :blink:

yeah a bit. a few monte carlo's doing three-wheel's and a few Gran national GNX's have a club here. There also is this one, and a few rice burner clubs...

A modern sans serif font would be best. Try "transport" or "blue highway" (you'll need to find them on the internet as they aren't default fonts). You also can't go wrong with helvetica (I think this is a default font on macs only).

ok. noted, and would Eurostile maybe?

Oil changed, washed, leather cleaned, and an absurd amount of window shades installed. She's ready for more sitting! I'm pondering some 18" Saleen speedstar replicas, in chrome. I wonder how those would look....

post-68-036223600 1279410619_thumb.jpg

Oil changed, washed, leather cleaned, and an absurd amount of window shades installed. She's ready for more sitting! I'm pondering some 18" Saleen speedstar replicas, in chrome. I wonder how those would look....

post-68-036223600 1279410619_thumb.jpg

Ridin' Clean!

Ridin' Clean!

Or is he riding dirty? :ph34r:

Or is he riding dirty? :ph34r:

Oh you know it! hippo%20spanker.gif