Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

I just did a fuel pump on friends 2000 Taurus.  Wasn't too bad a task. Fun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bull Geek said:

I just did a fuel pump on friends 2000 Taurus.  Wasn't too bad a task. Fun.

Add rust to the equation :)

43 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

Add rust to the equation :)

Now its not fun.

All the bolts spun out beautifully.

• Like 2

Just cleaned off 5" snow and sleet off TB.  No easy feat with only one hand. (Broke my other one in a stupid fall.)

Still sleeting but i got the snow off and windshields cleaned and covered.  The next time I say something asinine like "oh I don't mind snow" some one just slap me. 

Today reinforces my plan to retire out West. 

1 hour ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Just cleaned off 5" snow and sleet off TB.  No easy feat with only one hand. (Broke my other one in a stupid fall.)

Still sleeting but i got the snow off and windshields cleaned and covered.  The next time I say something asinine like "oh I don't mind snow" some one just slap me. 

Today reinforces my plan to retire out West. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just bought my '11 Buick Lucerne out in your town, Paxton St week ago last Friday. Nice sunny day, no snow in sight. Getting out of town on Friday ~4pm in a different car in the stop lights was not fun. And then 22-322 was at maximum capacity and I was just holding my place until got across the river and got to a parking lot to stop and figure out the controls like mirrors and such. So it does snow down there too. Guess I picked a nice day to go.

Best of luck healing.

-chart-

Edited by -chart-

Drove it for the final time today to U-Pull-and-Pay Pittsburgh. Discovered a puddle of transmission fluid when I pulled out of the driveway. My guess was the input shaft seal finally started to give out. It drove fine to the salvage yard. I forgot how nice it handled. It will definitely be missed. :(

Final goodbye photo:

QR72Wp

Edited by Angrod
  • Sad 1

RIP :(

Hauled my ‘96 SHO back to my house from the shop in south Austin that I was previously managing. The battery has a dead cell but engine started easily with a jump box. It’s been sitting outside the shop for the last year. Now that it’s home, I hope to be able to get it road legal. We need a back up car, but I just wanna hear that V8 purr. 

Seeing rust and expecting the worst. I treated the inside of the wheel well Fall of 2016. Drilled holes in the inner fender and used a wand on tube and coated all inside. Today took the Dremel and sanding drum and knocked off the paint and it is rusting from the outside. No hole. Paint cracked, likely from when the tree fell on it in 2011. I sanded out to clean metal and used a file folder with a hole cut in it as a shield and primed it. Hope to do more when weather warms up. The rusty rocker to dogleg was rusted and treated back in '16 but nothing for cosmetics. Two winters in the north country as a daily driver takes a toll. 15 year old car. 169K miles. It is a survivor. Bought as  repro, totaled by tree fall, patched up and it keeps on ticking.

-chart-

RustWh18.jpg

I started cutting the rusty rocker panels and other pieces out last weekend. That was going to be continued these days off but winter came back my first day and now I'm having back pain today so thats kaiboshed. Maybe next week I can get something done.

Been to the JY as the snow has melted and new ones are being placed. '04 Sable listed Friday, Monday sunny and ~45F. Took 3 trips as I forgot my 15mm socket. Got 2 tires/wheels, GY 8/32 tread and 5 spoke wheels, 90% perfect condition. $30 per and that includes tax, no core. Got rotors/drums as they are nearly new, surface grinding still showing. Also got the console shifter indicator flag as they tend to break. Very nice clean car, seats like new but I have a spare and not my color anyway. Head lights were not good enough to take. Mud on the tires and rotors and I washed them free of mud. Rotors drilled but no name I can find. Drums Bosch, paint still good. Drums pulled off easily so I did not need my plastic hammer I took. Of course this car nearly as far from the office as possible. Wheels were off the car and on the special rack in the office, so no effort. I looked for the other 2 but someone beat me to it. Daughter borrowed my camera so no pics yet.

Got 2 '03 Sables on the road, 4 drivers in the herd.

I have replaced most of my exhaust pipe. The last muffler broke of at some point and the rest of the pipe had rust and a couple of pin holes.

On the driveway is a horrendous job. Had the front up on ramps, rear bumper on jackstands, cut the old bolts and the pipe with the flex and sawsall (didn't have enough clearance to drop it down), then support the front muffler and the middle of the pipe with other jackstands (din't have another person).

At the end I sprayed some spots with cold galvanizing zinc.

P3310060.JPG

P3310061.JPG

P3310062.JPG

P3310065.JPG

• Like 1

Nothing exciting. Oil change.  Will go back during the week to do safety inspection, check front end (hit a pothole in the snow),  maybe replace the blend door actuator. Not getting any air movement on the left side. Either rodentia has gotten in and plugged up something over the winter or it's just time to replace it. 

Got my JY wheels on. Rears nearly new GY tires, fronts brand x and worn out. Will get new tires on them real soon. And I noticed after I got the last 2, they do not match the rears. Both 5 spoke as easily seen but they are different for whatever reason. Anyone care to post what they are. Now I have 6 spare wheels/tires and 4 are going to recycling early next month. So my wagon will stay with 7 spoke wheels and the sedan will stay with the 5 spoke ones.

I need to clean off the bottom of the doors. I put rust proofing inside the doors through the drain holes last fall. Some leaked out and made them black on the bottoms. It wipes off with mineral spirits.

-chart-

SableWheels18.jpg

5 hours ago, -chart- said:

Got my JY wheels on. Rears nearly new GY tires, fronts brand x and worn out. Will get new tires on them real soon. And I noticed after I got the last 2, they do not match the rears. Both 5 spoke as easily seen but they are different for whatever reason. Anyone care to post what they are. Now I have 6 spare wheels/tires and 4 are going to recycling early next month. So my wagon will stay with 7 spoke wheels and the sedan will stay with the 5 spoke ones.

I need to clean off the bottom of the doors. I put rust proofing inside the doors through the drain holes last fall. Some leaked out and made them black on the bottoms. It wipes off with mineral spirits.

-chart-

SableWheels18.jpg

The front rim is from the Gen 4 (2000-2003 MY cars) the rear "step ledge" rim is from the Gen 4.5 (2004-2007 MY cars).

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Thub said:

The front rim is from the Gen 4 (2000-2003 MY cars) the rear "step ledge" rim is from the Gen 4.5 (2004-2007 MY cars).

Thanks. My '01, '03, '03wagon all came with 7 spoke but they are different. Some polished face on the spokes, others painted. Center caps different. All my 7 spoke wheel corroded and one leaked around the valve stem. Others just leaked around the bead, even when treated. These JY wheels are really nice for no corrosion. There were 2 more in the yard like the fronts but not quite as nice as these fronts. New Mics X-Tour on the front wheels yesterday. Should last the life of the car.

Edited by -chart-

3E805E00-3A36-4777-9C7B-2EB92902D19A.thumb.jpeg.c36f00e8c96fdae099c563f2e2f8b83e.jpeg

4AC9B6A2-5126-4AC1-BD97-C31AD4F30F78.thumb.jpeg.e31447ff1f28900ed7753dbf06298284.jpeg

This weekend, after basically sitting dormant for the past 5 months, I got a warranty replacement battery in the Sable and got it roadworthy again.

238C9ECD-A357-4B3A-A36C-3B39E7276BEC.thumb.jpeg.50337578b72c0456e3386a9e88ffb1e0.jpeg

BFBC1C59-AD50-484D-90B9-E53DB4321649.thumb.jpeg.b52210caf74281d45ece59ffe4dc550f.jpeg

35A531C1-30F1-4C27-9A3E-67E0A5BCA672.thumb.jpeg.471324c67f841cdfd741c79a1649d1da.jpeg

6F383C19-7BE3-4BF3-B8F8-849C11A6705B.thumb.jpeg.4f29e97cbeccd11c93feb08a609fb6bc.jpeg

It was briefly used at the end of June to transport a new 36”x80” storm door kit home from the store, but otherwise I have not driven this car since February 28th. 

4E50F41B-6A82-4702-AFE6-E2B7FC4371EA.thumb.jpeg.d741e66d9d109407898cacd16d5ade03.jpeg

Sounds like it's time to pass the torch to someone else....  I've cut back my car collection over the past few years....both my 54 Caddy and 55 Caddy hearse have found new homes.  The sale of the 54 allowed me to pay off the mortgage on my home and purchase some things I had been saving for.  I miss that car, but it was the right time to get out.

Jeff

Finally put a new set of teeth on the 1987. Found a brand new lightbar for 50 bucks. Now that I have 2 of these lightbars in new condition I finally feel safe putting one on! lol!

37638126_10155832975687473_4816948011651301376_n.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sablekid said:

Finally put a new set of teeth on the 1987. Found a brand new lightbar for 50 bucks. Now that I have 2 of these lightbars in new condition I finally feel safe putting one on! lol!

37638126_10155832975687473_4816948011651301376_n.jpg

She’s so beautiful. 😍