• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8921 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Gentz said:

Omg Daves Rims! 

2 minutes ago, daveromanjr said:

Aww my rims live on.

Seriously did not plan that one!

Now that I know those were Dave's rims. Gonna have to take care of em!!

2 people like this

3 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

Now that I know those were Dave's rims. Gonna have to take care of em!!

That’s probably why the clearcoat on them looked so pitted before they got to Illinois. Pennsylvania roads. 

2 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

That’s probably why the clearcoat on them looked so pitted before they got to Illinois. Pennsylvania roads. 

The cars were just as rusted in your state as Dave’s...

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

Those rims were a little chewed up, not bad though. They were good 10 foot wheels, any closer and you could see the blemishes. I had them on the 2002 for a few months before passing them onto Brian. The nice "Ford" center caps went on the Centennial rims that Nick had on the SHO, and made those rims look really good.

Speaking of rims, I did sent take my set of SHO Chrommies to the scrap yard. Dropped them off at Alter Metal in Green Bay and got 59 cents a pound, at 77lbs it was a quick $45 in my pocket. Watched them drop them into a big bin of other raw aluminum. I was impressed at the amount of material that they process through that place, it was a non stop line of trucks coming over the scale loaded with scrap.

It wasn't really much of a loss, they were in rough shape, leaked air, peeling coating really bad, and one of them was bent. The old Yokohama tires I was able to pawn off onto a used tire store for the price of dismounting them.

14 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

The cars were just as rusted in your state as Dave’s...

Lest us not forget Brian is perfect so obviously it is my fault.

4 minutes ago, daveromanjr said:

Lest us not forget Brian is perfect so obviously it is my fault.

And also lest us not forget Sean had them for several years. The last time I checked he was a bonafide resident of Michigan. Now everybody leave me alone I'm going to do a 0 to 60 in my 4 cylinder mustang and will obviously need at least a full week to hit 60. Somebody hand me my driving gloves

They're 14-16 year old rims? Tbh they look good for the age, and with a little work can be made to look like brand spanking new if I wanted.

Sadly, the 95 Taurus will be going away very soon. So it won't get the opportunity for this.

2 people like this

The SHO has been returned to stock - mostly. The BOV's are still VTA, mainly because I had trouble with the rear one and gave up.

It's not as murderously fast as it was before, but its a lot smoother. Idles smoother, accelerates smoother, transmission shifts smoother.

It's kinda weird - tuned, this thing had no challengers. SS wants to play? See you in my rear mirror. Mustang 5.0 wants to play? Bye. Now, the SS would be in my rear view mirror, but by no more than 2 car lengths. The 5.0? I'm in his rear view (unless we launch from a dig). 

This also means I've been using the car as a grand tourer more, the massaging seats, the relatively comfortable ride, the constant loathing of Sync 2 and that god awful Sony system.

Also, I got a ticket today. Was going to meet a girl for breakfast in Rock Hill, and was running a tad bit late. I had my cruise control on, granted it was set at 99, and it was only me on the road at 7:00 this morning. Until I encountered the only other person on the road: a county cop. He pulled me over, and said he clocked me doing 96 in a 70. He ended up writing me up for 2 points for 9 over. Really lucked out with that one

1 person likes this

95 Taurus is GONE!!!! I am glad I donated it vs selling it.

Started fine, and was a dream. Then I began driving it to my parents house so I had a ride back. About a mile away from my house, the car goes from quiet, to super loud. The exhaust rusted off at the weld between Y Pipe and exhaust. Whatever, I get to my parents, hit a pot hole, and the car begins to scrape. The rubber hanger that holds the exhaust pipe up failed, and the exhaust was now dragging, not even a block away from my parents house. Turned around, found a coat hanger in their garage and rigged it up to stay up, then as I was driving it to the school, the AXOD began to slip.

Had I sold that, within 30 minutes I would of had a pissed off buyer :lol:

On the bright side, the assistant principal of my old school was also a history major before he went into administration. And said if I needed anything to feel free to reach out, now I hopefully have an in when I am ready to student teach :D 

2 people like this

I donated my 95 when there were just too many things going bad at 171K. I didn't have a good mechanic at the time, and even less money and was starting a new job and needed reliable transportation.  It was worthless as a trade in and I would have felt guilty selling it to a private party. 

Yeah, I would have felt bad too had I indeed sold it, and not even out of the neighborhood it begins having tons of problems. The Taurus will get fixed up a bit, be in better condition, then eventually junked :P

This is my last week at home on medical leave. Back to reality on Monday so figured I'd take care of Third Bull.  No snow or ice in immediate sight, but I know it will happen. 

Winter service at the garage - check all filters, fluids, hoses, rotate tires, oil change.  Put away camp chairs & umbrellas.  Got out snow shovel, de-icer spray, scraper. Cleaned inside, put down heavy duty mats. Had the outside hand waxed.  (I'm still limited as far as bending over, stooping etc for 3 more months. )

2D620F9A-9DD6-439D-A26F-F62F739FD0C0.thumb.jpeg.862b55f38901d6111fab121ac54159db.jpeg

Switched over to the Blizzak tires mounted on my other set of alloys to prepare for the impending winter weather. Mileage on the Sable wagon is over 124,000 at this point, and she’s driving as well as the day I brought her home from Kentucky almost 3 years ago. B) 

B89C0A2E-5D91-4E26-BBF7-CB5C9F92B8B6.thumb.jpeg.45f786a535e378514d4fcaef543a1d53.jpeg

Forgot to add  that I had a new rear windshield installed. about 80% of defroster wires quit working this past year.   I'm not going to spend time chipping off ice at oh-dark hundred when I leave for gym/work anymore.  $240 at local glass dealer (Not Safelight ) includes pick up and delivery service .

Got my '03 sedan (164K) from a local shop. New flex plate and TQ. Starter gear damaged and starter failing to engage. Everything looks good. I put the air dam back on and found a heat shield bit loose and vibrating as speed. Hose clamp around it and it is silent. And I actually found the bolts for the air dam. biggrin.gif

? Has any one else had a flex plate gear wear out? Starter was fine.

Of course symptoms began when I did the ABS/TC module and upper rad hose assembly. New battery because it was time and it was out. Then the starter which I switched out with my spare and it was no better than the other because it was the ring gear. Getting to the ABS was like, removing lots of stuff and putting it back, then having to do it again to get to the top starter bolt/ground. Ring gear that came off looked bad. And for the good news, I found the ABS/TC module at the JY with ~70K miles and the exact one, $11. Just proves you can't loose them all.

-chart

5 hours ago, -chart- said:

Got my '03 sedan (164K) from a local shop. New flex plate and TQ. Starter gear damaged and starter failing to engage. Everything looks good. I put the air dam back on and found a heat shield bit loose and vibrating as speed. Hose clamp around it and it is silent. And I actually found the bolts for the air dam. biggrin.gif

? Has any one else had a flex plate gear wear out? Starter was fine.

Of course symptoms began when I did the ABS/TC module and upper rad hose assembly. New battery because it was time and it was out. Then the starter which I switched out with my spare and it was no better than the other because it was the ring gear. Getting to the ABS was like, removing lots of stuff and putting it back, then having to do it again to get to the top starter bolt/ground. Ring gear that came off looked bad. And for the good news, I found the ABS/TC module at the JY with ~70K miles and the exact one, $11. Just proves you can't loose them all.

-chart

You don't hear of flex plates going bad very often. Only vehicle I know of that has a flex plate issue is the early 99 Ford Super Duties with the 7.3L PSD. They start to rattle and eventually shatter, when my friend had his F250 that was one of the 1st things he replaced, installed a performance billet flex plate in the stock ones place.

1 person likes this

17 minutes ago, Thub said:

You don't hear of flex plates going bad very often. Only vehicle I know of that has a flex plate issue is the early 99 Ford Super Duties with the 7.3L PSD. They start to rattle and eventually shatter, when my friend had his F250 that was one of the 1st things he replaced, installed a performance billet flex plate in the stock ones place.

My gear was worn in the 3 placed where the starter usually engages. Maybe a lot of starts for the miles. "back in the day" lots of issues with ring gears but today's starters are better. As a DOHC, it uses the same starter as the V-8's.

-chart-

My gear was worn in the 3 placed where the starter usually engages. Maybe a lot of starts for the miles. "back in the day" lots of issues with ring gears but today's starters are better. As a DOHC, it uses the same starter as the V-8's.

-chart-

Thats kind of odd. My moms old 03 had the ring gear wearing out as well. She sold it a couple years ago though and I think it's junked now

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I kept forgetting, but here's the last photo I have of the Wagon.

mwLaF2a.jpg

Going to miss that thing.

Parking area needs to be repainted - NO PARKING EXCEPT TAURUS WAGONS :P