• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8908 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Jeff said:

Finishing life....it's the great white North.  We all know what happens to the cars that live in the North.

Jeff

They get oil sprayed to prevent rust? :)

5 hours ago, zenriddles said:

I think that car could be around for a very long time.

Kris and Andy are very long time SHO enthusiasts and popular in the SHO community. They will take outstanding care of that car and be able to find anything it needs as well as anyone I could name.

Car probably going into limited use and of course the occasional track day. Salt monster won't get much time with this little treasure.

4 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

Well that's good to hear it went home.

your car was cross posted in a lot of places Josh.  Price was reasonable too.

its going to a good home - and at a certain price point on obscure, rare cars - for car people, that's more important sometimes than squeaking an extra few bucks out of a sale.  

So congratulations on the sale :-)

I agree, they were the right people to let it go to, and that was much more important to me than the sale price! I don't think she'll end up tracking it, though as they have the '91+ for that. Considering the car has ZERO rust on it as it was a PNW car it's entire life, It'll probably take a good 10~ years for any salt to devour it's pristine undercarriage, and that's if it was daily driven and parked outside. 

I've known Andy and Kris for 15 years. SHE dragged him into this SHO thing.

It is GOING to be tracked and then gone over with a toothbrush. Someday soon, the sidewalls on those tires are gonna look like rock-salt. Take my word for it. They live WAY to close to Road America.

2 people like this

On 7/25/2017 at 8:37 PM, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Sold Barney :( Kris & Andy Angermeier are the new owners, the car will be starting life in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in the next few weeks. I'm gonna miss that car....

An hour south of me. And yah they live 15min from Road America.  Sheboygan is a nice area, a little too much Milwaukee influence for me but outside of the city its good old rural Wisconsin farm land.

1 person likes this

After 13 years, 9 months, and 21 days of remaining intact, the factory original washer fluid hose leading to the hood on my Sable wagon cracked in half today... :( 

And the wagon also needs a left side front ball joint and the front brake pads and rotors. Getting those done tomorrow morning. 

That's just about how long mine lasted. I had replace the original ones a couple months ago. One side doesn't squirt as well as it should so I need to get under there and see if it's clogged up with pollen or bugs.

Got the driver seat repaired yesterday. The vinyl looks just as good as leather and didn't cost near as much.  $ 200 to fix a tear about 2 x 4". They had to take out the side panel and replace it. 

The last thing on my 'fix it' list is the rear window.  Rear defroster wires have been bad for years.  

The washer fluid hose on my '99 only lasted until around 2012. I was able to cut out the bad patch and bridge with a rubber hose.

Sounds like theses hoses only last 12-13 years !  Not bad for a part that only costs $8-10 max.  Mine was patched and that lasted about 6 months until I remembered to get a completely new one.  

I buy Ford parts almost every day for buses, but can't remember to get stuff for Third Bull. Don't get old.  It  bites. :P (though it does beat the alternative..)

Posted (edited)

Well I decided to post here again... Just to say that I didn't have to do anything else to my 2001 Sable Wagon but an oil change.

It just keeps driving me to and from work on one hour long commute, 20 minutes being in stop and go. Knock on wood.

Edited by SoNic

Can't beat that hopefully it continues to do its job.

1 person likes this

D56qUH5n7KJA_Ypib4D5wOcZaZnoBrNI_Iww2spk

Got the last option my sable didn't come with from the factory. Power Passenger seat! Got to wire it all in using the OEM connectors. Even pinned the same connector the heated seat stuff. 

D56qUH5n7KJA_Ypib4D5wOcZaZnoBrNI_Iww2spkc9zahur71a0_l1KWErSilSQEWysI-KLcp38mK8kzvpaj14h8G3eVv9z0ooLEpCOsm948SNFqnw6gtq3QRRMdqA_UKbSXWYtVdW5yM5BzopKvUaedahKEL-wBFrfx0AnzftjebM2PAOKVMNizcyd-GGWTMdM1iU8h4z6McjK9cwRQjfsDWgNZpvSKHNni3oSunhPmupe-9TQj6ajOR3wMGuQCGVzEdBk9iSOV1tS14u8jzQmnT-q9beJK4PRyV_8NQ3cPPuu2ekELd69ZKUTuUxvMuC_7geTFBcg6cmBS3xlvyNVLpsuhh9vfzHLSmaiFTsePN7fFKZrlZECAGKklQF-WFviH331nYhgveP-IjV8ewaL3iNqSJGpqU5kAR5IuqbfydM9UoHaSdP_hHmdj64qJ4XPZ3naBzQBh66mrpMpi-I_0e-MEziETzx8SsYMVJTOyLHjP9TA8VCFjBfJsUF0YoXkIboiyPxiECxCkg9sUFmueRcNSjuPwea3SiI2dO6wVGPtdKaUZ3ZKlUNKyvMrAappPJVChDXzfztv3IlD_L1i_J1ckbVVOSbyr-w9P7zKdxao&key=30e00f70b067da015a28800ef71c0545af4a1553088c91c5bc9887dd46acfc8d

Got the last option my sable didn't come with from the factory. Power Passenger seat! Got to wire it all in using the OEM connectors. Even pinned the same connector the heated seat stuff. 

I wanna know how that turns out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be changing the alternator and radiator fans and head gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Jaybrooks Wiring was a breeze. Getting that seat from the donor car without all the proper tools... that was a challenge!  

Decided to start the bull today as I haven't touched it in something like 4 months. Battery was deader than dead. Gave it a jump from the Suzi and let it run for a while. Took it for a short drive too. Damn do I miss this car! It rides so nice, the seats are big and cushy, it has some power when you push the gas, all the speakers work....... If only it could average 38 mpg for every tank of gas like the Suzi it would be perfect.

Going to order new wheel bearings for the front. I would rather go to the new U-Pull-n-Pay in Wilkinsburg but I know from experience that the wheel nuts on these cars don't come off without a large impact wrench and the U-Pull doesn't have power outlets for the air compressor. Oh well. I will just pay the $90-ish for new ones. Hopefully I can get them replaced this weekend. Then I just have to change the oil and repair the small hole in the passenger floor pan and I can put it up for sale. Then I can sell or trade the Suzi and buy a Focus or Fusion.

So some big life changes have happened recently. I started a new job which drops my commute down to ~6 miles a day, all city back roads.

The SHO has been complaining a bit with some rough shifts as it adapts so I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 20 minutes to try and reset the transmission.

It's getting about 14mpg right now, which is about what I expected for where it exists now. If I can find my 2-bar MAP sensor, I'll be detuning it. I'm just not using the extra power, and the harsh idle isn't worth the once every 2 weeks I really get on it.

The GF and I separated and she moved out. It hasn't been the easiest few weeks but time will heal all wounds.

I'm fairly certain that it's time for the SHO to go. I'm tired of modifying my DD, and I don't want to constrain it to a life of 5 mile drives. I was hell bent on getting rid of it until I took it to the mountains. That damned thing has SO MUCH grip it's ridiculous. Next car will probably be an SUV, and I'll sell the truck and get something that I can modify and abuse the shit out of. Current front runner is a Miata, but we'll see. Current top pick for an SUV is a Grand Cherokee Summit with the 5.7 and 4wd. I want something that can tow, has air suspension, 4wd, and won't cost me my left nut to fix when something goes wrong. However, I'm still a few months out from doing anything. Any other options you guys can think of?

I'm going to try and sell it privately, as the CPO warranty transfers to the next owner for free.

39 minutes ago, SHOenough said:

So some big life changes have happened recently. I started a new job which drops my commute down to ~6 miles a day, all city back roads.

The SHO has been complaining a bit with some rough shifts as it adapts so I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 20 minutes to try and reset the transmission.

It's getting about 14mpg right now, which is about what I expected for where it exists now. If I can find my 2-bar MAP sensor, I'll be detuning it. I'm just not using the extra power, and the harsh idle isn't worth the once every 2 weeks I really get on it.

The GF and I separated and she moved out. It hasn't been the easiest few weeks but time will heal all wounds.

I'm fairly certain that it's time for the SHO to go. I'm tired of modifying my DD, and I don't want to constrain it to a life of 5 mile drives. I was hell bent on getting rid of it until I took it to the mountains. That damned thing has SO MUCH grip it's ridiculous. Next car will probably be an SUV, and I'll sell the truck and get something that I can modify and abuse the shit out of. Current front runner is a Miata, but we'll see. Current top pick for an SUV is a Grand Cherokee Summit with the 5.7 and 4wd. I want something that can tow, has air suspension, 4wd, and won't cost me my left nut to fix when something goes wrong. However, I'm still a few months out from doing anything. Any other options you guys can think of?

I'm going to try and sell it privately, as the CPO warranty transfers to the next owner for free.

I'd stay away from a Jeep with air suspension and all that fancy stuff, its going to cost a fortune if that stuff gives out and I just don't trust Chrysler quality, even though the new Grand Cherokees look amazing.

I hate to promote a foreign vehicle but go take a mid to late 2000s 4Runner with the V8 for a spin, you won't be disappointed. That 4.7L V8 is a beast in the lighter 4Runner chassis, and you won't have to worry about the biggest problems with those trucks since you live down south and nothing rusts. Its a real SUV and can do real SUV things, and its got the muscle under the hood. I test drove one last year and I was very impressed with the handling and power, and to be honest its a higher quality vehicle and will have less problems than any Chrysler product. All of those 4runners are imported from Japan so the build quality is much higher than USA built Toyotas.

This body style with the facelift (projector headlights), like 05-09 I think.

239433.jpg

Only go for the 4.7, the 4.0 V6 just doesn't do it.

2006_toyota_4runner_4dr-suv_limited_e_oe

Don't get me wrong I really like the F150, but I really like SUVs too. I enjoyed the 2002 Explorer a lot and I think that's why in a few years depending if Ford does things right, I'll be looking at getting a Bronco.

1 person likes this

I did some weight reduction to the wife's Sable.

KMCLzSm.jpg

14Qsa7K.jpg

bYmdwsD.jpg

I wonder how easy it would be to get a Texas flood Taurus/Sable... Gut every inch of it, thoroughly clean it, and assemble with what I got... :lol:

37 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

I did some weight reduction to the wife's Sable.

KMCLzSm.jpg

14Qsa7K.jpg

bYmdwsD.jpg

I wonder how easy it would be to get a Texas flood Taurus/Sable... Gut every inch of it, thoroughly clean it, and assemble with what I got... :lol:

Those rims look familiar...Brian?

1 person likes this

Yep! Originally they were to go on the 95 Wagon after I did its conversion, but it too suffers from the brown rust :(

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, TaurusKev said:

Yep! Originally they were to go on the 95 Wagon after I did its conversion, but it too suffers from the brown rust :(

I think those rims have had over 10 owners now.

1 person likes this

Sad part is, I always wanted those to throw those on my 05... And now they're on a car that is a ticking timebomb. :( 

1 hour ago, Thub said:

Damn, I had forgotten how many times they have changed hands.

10 hours ago, Thub said:

Omg Daves Rims! 

1 person likes this

Aww my rims live on.

1 person likes this