• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8889 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Rohand901 said:

OH FUCK YEAH KIA!!!!!!!!!!

AMERICA AS FUCK BRO

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oil/Filter Change + ATF Change & 115K Miles on the Sable. 6qts of Mobil1 5W-30 "Advanced" Full Synthetic & Motorcraft FL400S Filter and 5qts of Mercon V. Won't have to touch it until 125K :D

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Josh_GL_Limited said:

Oil/Filter Change + ATF Change & 115K Miles on the Sable. 6qts of Mobil1 5W-30 "Advanced" Full Synthetic & Motorcraft FL400S Filter and 5qts of Mercon V. Won't have to touch it until 125K :D

Niiiice.

I brought mine home. It is now on backup duty. Not sure if I will keep up with the maintenance now or not.

2 people like this

Drove it for the first time in almost 3 weeks. Wow does it feel weird. Kind of like I'm driving a big boat. The ATX feels horrible too. I never realized just how much of a slushbox it really is. One positive thing; the bull handles far better than the suzi. Cornering is so easy. Just point the bull where I want it to go and it goes there. The suzi on the other hand likes to float up front and makes up its own mind about when to actually go where I point it. Reminds me of the Crown Vic in that regard.

On 5/17/2017 at 8:36 PM, Josh_GL_Limited said:

10,000 miles on an oil filter??? Don't agree - that should be changed a lot sooner.

1 person likes this

3,000 Mile oil change. Nothing else to be done at this time to Third Bull other than fix the upholstery tear in the driver seat. 

On Thursday I was caning through some back roads in the SHO on the way home from work, upon braking from high speeds there was a small shudder and I thought nothing of it. As I continued the high speed braking the brakes got a bit softer, and once again I thought nothing of it.

The final time I did it, the car started shaking violently and stunk of hot brakes. So I brought my tomfoolery to an end for the day and cruised back on home. But the hard shake was still occurring. So, it needed an oil change anyway so I brought it into the dealer and had them take a look.

I get a call from them about 30 minutes later telling me that the rear rotors had heavy scoring in them and the rear pads had pieces missing out of them. Well then.

I now have freshly machined rotors and new rear pads - and surprise surprise, the car stops wonderfully now

9 hours ago, SHOenough said:

On Thursday I was caning through some back roads in the SHO on the way home from work, upon braking from high speeds there was a small shudder and I thought nothing of it. As I continued the high speed braking the brakes got a bit softer, and once again I thought nothing of it.

The final time I did it, the car started shaking violently and stunk of hot brakes. So I brought my tomfoolery to an end for the day and cruised back on home. But the hard shake was still occurring. So, it needed an oil change anyway so I brought it into the dealer and had them take a look.

I get a call from them about 30 minutes later telling me that the rear rotors had heavy scoring in them and the rear pads had pieces missing out of them. Well then.

I now have freshly machined rotors and new rear pads - and surprise surprise, the car stops wonderfully now

Did the brakes disintegrate during the previous hard stops? I've never heard of brakes falling apart like that before.

The Taurus LX transmission cooling line rusted through, so I did a quick replacement of that. I have decided I am going to clean and fix up the Taurus Wagon and attempt to sell it. I've seen much shittier cars sell, it has cold A/C, has warm heat, it has problems, but I've again seen worse for more. I think the distributor is failing, as it stalled out, and it was not sparking. I replaced the TFI module with a new Motorcraft when it began stalling out initially.

I figure I would sell it with the picnic table removed. I would love to take the police speedometer out, but I threw my OEM one out... So I guess it is going with. Rear power windows are both dead, moon roof works. Brakes need a bit of work. But it's a beater. Should be able to get some handy person a reliable cheap car to get a year or two out of it. Perhaps more.

On 6/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, TaurusKev said:

The Taurus LX transmission cooling line rusted through, so I did a quick replacement of that. I have decided I am going to clean and fix up the Taurus Wagon and attempt to sell it. I've seen much shittier cars sell, it has cold A/C, has warm heat, it has problems, but I've again seen worse for more. I think the distributor is failing, as it stalled out, and it was not sparking. I replaced the TFI module with a new Motorcraft when it began stalling out initially.

I figure I would sell it with the picnic table removed. I would love to take the police speedometer out, but I threw my OEM one out... So I guess it is going with. Rear power windows are both dead, moon roof works. Brakes need a bit of work. But it's a beater. Should be able to get some handy person a reliable cheap car to get a year or two out of it. Perhaps more.

Do you have other cars you could use those parts in? If not just sell it as is. Otherwise it will just sit in your garage for the next 10 years.

Picnic table appears as if it will work across all 4 generations of Bulls, and I could put it up in my attic. Police Speedometer is just cool to have, I would probably mount it somewhere.

1 person likes this

I have a spare popo speedometer. Want it? That way you don't have to buy another.

13 hours ago, Angrod said:

Did the brakes disintegrate during the previous hard stops? I've never heard of brakes falling apart like that before.

They brought me one of the pads to show me, I wish I had taken a picture. There was a corner of the pad, about a half an inch long that was missing from the one he showed me. He said he'd never seen anything like it.

" I was caning through some back roads in the SHO"

Caning ? Is that Southern speak for speeding like a madman and hoping there's no trooper lurking behind a billboard ? :lol:

On 6/5/2017 at 8:06 AM, Bull Geek said:

10,000 miles on an oil filter??? Don't agree - that should be changed a lot sooner.

Agreed. 10k on the oil, no problem, but swap the filter mid cycle. 

On 6/27/2017 at 7:41 AM, Bull Geek said:

I have a spare popo speedometer. Want it? That way you don't have to buy another.

Awesome sure! :D

Posted (edited)

Drove Betty down to Ocean Shores yesterday morning, spent the night with a friend and his family and then headed back today, about 250 miles round trip. Since the ocean beach is a state highway, I decided that pictures were a must have. Currently coming up on 120,000 miles and chugging along with no issues *knock on fake wood*! Averaged 27MPG the whole trip.

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited

Today the 2002 Taurus was sold, took $2000. It was a little hard watching that car drive away.

A single mom bought it for her daughter. I made it pretty clear that it has been and will be a good car, just have to give it a little care.

2 people like this

Finished changing the spark plugs in my Sable today after work...the three in the rear cylinder bank were taken care of a few months ago along with two faulty COP units on those cylinders. Today, I finally got around to replacing the three plugs in the front bank. Idles really good, and the power delivery is stronger and smoother than before. :) 

Got the a/c service done today. First time the a/c has ever needed work. 

Then took it in for wash n wax.  Of course it rained later but at least the inside is clean. 

Week after next will get the tear in the driver seat fixed. It's being done by the company that repairs our bus seats.  I had to pass on leather - 75 cents an inch ! He's got vinyl that matches the side panel. Good enough for me. 

Went for a long back roads drive before the storm came in. 

1 person likes this

Sold Barney :( Kris & Andy Angermeier are the new owners, the car will be starting life in Sheboygan, Wisconsin in the next few weeks. I'm gonna miss that car....

Finishing life....it's the great white North.  We all know what happens to the cars that live in the North.

Jeff

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Finishing life....it's the great white North.  We all know what happens to the cars that live in the North.

Jeff

It will be garaged next to the owner's husband's 91 SHO+ track car. It'll live on for a long time :) 

9 hours ago, Jeff said:

Jeff

I think that car could be around for a very long time.

Kris and Andy are very long time SHO enthusiasts and popular in the SHO community. They will take outstanding care of that car and be able to find anything it needs as well as anyone I could name.

Car probably going into limited use and of course the occasional track day. Salt monster won't get much time with this little treasure.

1 person likes this

Well that's good to hear it went home.

your car was cross posted in a lot of places Josh.  Price was reasonable too.

its going to a good home - and at a certain price point on obscure, rare cars - for car people, that's more important sometimes than squeaking an extra few bucks out of a sale.  

So congratulations on the sale :-)

1 person likes this