• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8864 posts in this topic

I really want that done does your car stop better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Jaybrooks said:

I really want that done does your car stop better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much better stopping now. 

It never ends...This morning after I got done at the gym, I went to run the wipers. Only the driver side worked, not the passenger. So a friend helped me work this out. The Safelite guy had not screwed in the wiper arm.  Good thing I carry a socket set with me. Got it fixed.   I took off, tried to run the washer fluid, nothing comes out.(and yes, there's fluid in the reservoir).   I think the hoses are blocked. Will have to read up on that and go see if I can fix it. Can't be that hard but my patience is running thin with this mess. This is why I have a mechanic fix my car. I have no patience anymore with things that don't work. :angryfire:

1 person likes this

Broken hose. :(  I was hoping the squirters were just full of pollen. Oh well. Will get some tubing etc tomorrow and try to fix it. 

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

Broken hose. :(  I was hoping the squirters were just full of pollen. Oh well. Will get some tubing etc tomorrow and try to fix it. 

Don't quote me on this, but i think its 5/32s hose that slips right over and works perfectly fine just clamp it with some zipties. Sorry to hear this stuff happened Sandy. 

Pulled the autodim mirror. Apparently I never planned to remove it. I had somehow managed to run the wires and the taps through a couple holes in the metal frame on the roof. The taps didn't want to come back out. And I had trouble getting the mirror off the windshield. Couldn't get the plastic cover off and had to use a hammer to gently tap the mirror off the mount. Ugh.

Also tidied up some of the stereo wiring. Cleaned out the trunk, glovebox and center armrest storage. Just need to pull the rear speakers now. Other than that the car is ready to go.

Posted (edited)

Have obtained a new radiator, new a/c condenser/atf cooler, and a new expansion tank -> radiator hose. Upper and lower radiator hoses are in excellent shape and can be replaced easily at a later date. This is all to fix a minor ATF and coolant leak that I've been maintaining for the last couple weeks. 

Also scored these for $500. Brand new take-off 2016 Camaro LS/LT 18" Alloys & Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S 245/50R18 100V with an estimated 200 miles on them. I will be reselling the wheels after I dismount the tires, they're valued at around $400.  The tires retail online between $206 and $239.99 each. The tires will be used on my Lincoln MKS 18's for summertime, winter tires will be put on the OEM Sable chrome clad wheels. The 245/50's are about 1/2" wider than the 225/55 OEM size, yet maintain the same exact outer diamater. 

Lincoln MKS Wheels for reference:
20170401_185159_zps3etuy1np.jpg

Camaro wheels/tires:
20170417_185430_zpsvqxqxyo7.jpg

Tread pattern:
20170417_185422_zpsmme8td2u.jpg

Tread depth (11/32nds):
20170417_185412_zpsbar89wvw.jpg

Edited by Josh_GL_Limited
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stupid Ford, always hated to drain the transmission pan. I have a big round oil catcher and still have oil everywhere on the driveway. Why they didn't put a drain plug like Hyundai or Mitsubishi?

I have changed the pan with one made by Dorman - it was on sale on Amazon for $29.99. I know that the bolt drops down some 1/2" but I am tired of this garbage. Don't need to replace the filter at every drain, if I do it more often than 60k miles like I do now. And even if I take the 19 bolts out after drain, at least I don't have to deal with the transmission fluid waterfall!

Drain pan.png

Edited by SoNic
4 people like this

Pulled the rear speakers. Replaced a fuse I blew by accident. The car is now ready to go.

1 person likes this

Awesome glad Dorman makes one.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, SoNic said:

Stupid Ford, always hated to drain the transmission pan. I have a big round oil catcher and still have oil everywhere on the driveway. Why they didn't put a drain plug like Hyundai or Mitsubishi?

I have changed the pan with one made by Dorman - it was on sale on Amazon for $29.99. I know that the bolt drops down some 1/2" but I am tired of this garbage. Don't need to replace the filter at every drain, if I do it more often than 60k miles like I do now. And even if I take the 19 bolts out after drain, at least I don't have to deal with the transmission fluid waterfall!

Drain pan.png

i'd go for one if the bolt was on the side of the pan instead of the bottom mount.... Since the sable is lowered....

I know, but the side won't drain completely. Might be enough if you plan to take also the bolts out after that, but... Dorman didn't do it that way.

I don't plan to replace the filter at every drain. But I will drain more often than now.

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, SoNic said:

I know, but the side won't drain completely. Might be enough if you plan to take also the bolts out after that, but... Dorman didn't do it that way.

I don't plan to replace the filter at every drain. But I will drain more often than now.

true, I don't want the bolt head shearing off if I were to bottom out

Posted (edited)

On 4/19/2017 at 7:25 PM, ShelbyRacer78 said:

true, I don't want the bolt head shearing off if I were to bottom out

That's why you change first the front struts with new KYB ones, like I did ^_^

BTW, right now they are running a $40 rebate (for two complete assemblies): https://www.kyb.com/40-for-4/

Edited by SoNic
1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SoNic said:

That's why you change first the front struts with new KYB ones, like I did ^_^

BTW, right now they are running a $40 rebate (for two complete assemblies): https://www.kyb.com/40-for-4/

qRtrkvI.jpg

Lowered on KYBs lol 

1 person likes this

That's how mine was looking anyway with the old weak springs. You have paid to make it look like that? :P

Joking, your spring rates hopefully are strong enough not to bottom-out like I was.

1 person likes this

On 4/16/2017 at 6:48 PM, REDTRUCKCHASER said:

The cam shop is a good place and does quality work. I know they can rewire it. I'm hoping they have some kind of plastic face plate  they can put over the hole and straighten out the header. If they can't it will be a constant reminder to me to not act in haste ever again. 

Cam shop straightened out the header fabric, but couldn't cover up the hole. I'm going to search around for a small plastic face plate I can stick in there. 

On 4/18/2017 at 8:06 PM, SoNic said:

Drain pan.png

I was rushing and didn't think to take the bolt out and check the thread size (metric probably). A bolt with Allen hex would be protruding only just a few 1/16 out! Not easy to find but not impossible either. I think.

Now I have to wait for 30k miles or so.

On 4/21/2017 at 5:57 PM, ShelbyRacer78 said:

qRtrkvI.jpg

Lowered on KYBs lol 

Those wheels :wub:

The Sable is getting four new tires installed today. The P215/60R16 H-rated Michelin Pilot Exalto's that I've had since 2012 on both my '05 sedan and '04 wagon are now down to 3/32nds or 4/32nds each and are showing cracks and signs of dry rot. This time I've decided to go with BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 performance all season tires, which are P225/55R16 and W-rated. 

IMG_2656.thumb.JPG.3b6e2cf8c07aadf3260c5f04ee9ae9f0.JPG

These are my old Michelins, minutes before they're about to be dismounted for the last time. 

IMG_2659.thumb.JPG.05c8d0d18874e6cba7adf0edc0eafd71.JPG

IMG_2658.thumb.JPG.a58534bfff62c3f22341fa9fbeca85e7.JPG

1 person likes this

How many miles did you get out of those Brian? I could never seem to get more than 35k miles out of any Michelin tires I've had on any of my cars. I just ordered  205/55R-16 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated)  for the Beetle, which are supposed to be installed tomorrow (Tire Rack FTW).

45 minutes ago, machausta said:

How many miles did you get out of those Brian? I could never seem to get more than 35k miles out of any Michelin tires I've had on any of my cars. I just ordered  205/55R-16 Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 (W-Speed Rated)  for the Beetle, which are supposed to be installed tomorrow (Tire Rack FTW).

About 20k miles on the 05 Taurus and 35k on the 04 Sable. 

1 hour ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

About 20k miles on the 05 Taurus and 35k on the 04 Sable. 

You've gotten your money's worth on them, I'll say that for sure.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Tires will dry-rot even if not driven, so the "miles" question has to relate to the time too. Like how many miles you drive per year... Don't expect a tire to last more than 10 years (some manufacturers insist on 6 year limit), even when you drive it just 1000 miles on every year.

Edited by SoNic

Hope you guys are having a good Monday. Mine, well, it didn't start off so great:

IMG_20170501_081300_smaller.jpg

2 people like this