• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean at [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8908 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Rohand901 said:

This fucking car.

Always with the random misfire, I think it might be terminal. The only solution I can see is 3.2 Yamaha.

ea76a681d72cd4df2133b5abcb7c4d60.jpg

Sent from my Pocket Potato

Sounds like your solution would be more than fitting given everything else done with that car.

4 people like this

Replaced the seat cushion heater element. Didn't fix my inop heated seat (common issue as per a TSB for all Gen 5's built before 12/2006) so I've ordered the back rest heater element. 

Sam had bad luck with Dorman heater pads.  He said they burned out after a day or so.  I never had that problem with my 09

On 3/17/2017 at 8:36 AM, Jeff said:

Sam had bad luck with Dorman heater pads.  He said they burned out after a day or so.  I never had that problem with my 09

The TSB was for cars built before December 2007, so yours wouldn't have been affected. Dorman was what all was readily available unfortunately. 

Posted (edited)

Well, the SHO is out of commission for 2 weeks.

While at a car wash on Saturday, it ripped the SHO emblem off the front and beat the side of the car with it. Dents, chips, deep scratches, you name it. Even got the trunk lid and the car behind me before it got dislodged.

The car wash is paying for everything, including the rental up to $60/day.

I found that with my corporate discount I was able to get a 4-Runner for $55/day, so of course I picked that. Imagine my surprise when they told me that the body on frame, 4WD vehicle I had selected had been replaced with "or similar". A 4CYL NA Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

I'm calling Hertz locations around Cola to see if I can swap with an actual 4-Runner.

Update: No one has a 4-Runner. But I did manage to bag me a Pathfinder! At least that has a V6

Edited by SHOenough
2 people like this

Oh no!

Not a fan of the looks of the 4Runner. Sorry about your car though.

13 hours ago, SHOenough said:

Well, the SHO is out of commission for 2 weeks.

While at a car wash on Saturday, it ripped the SHO emblem off the front and beat the side of the car with it. Dents, chips, deep scratches, you name it. Even got the trunk lid and the car behind me before it got dislodged.

The car wash is paying for everything, including the rental up to $60/day.

I found that with my corporate discount I was able to get a 4-Runner for $55/day, so of course I picked that. Imagine my surprise when they told me that the body on frame, 4WD vehicle I had selected had been replaced with "or similar". A 4CYL NA Hyundai Santa Fe Sport.

I'm calling Hertz locations around Cola to see if I can swap with an actual 4-Runner.

Update: No one has a 4-Runner. But I did manage to bag me a Pathfinder! At least that has a V6

4Runner = Santa Fe Sport made me LMAO. 

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

4Runner = Santa Fe Sport made me LMAO. 

I'm actually a little upset. The Pathfinder is better, but its still not a damned 4-Runner.

Well I picked it up from the Transmission shop last night.  All done. So far seems to drive just fine. Transmission wise.

it pulls to left when accelerating. It's straight if coasting or braking. Both front wheels have a little play at 3-9. Gota figure out if tie Rods or lower ball joints. It was too dark and late to check which one last night.  Needs endlinks. Struts and springs seem fine. Same with Control arms, seem fine.

this 2000 Taurus Duratec is NOISY. So much road noise. Guess I forgot what it's like.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Bull Geek said:

Well I picked it up from the Transmission shop last night.  All done. So far seems to drive just fine. Transmission wise.

it pulls to left when accelerating. It's straight if coasting or braking. Both front wheels have a little play at 3-9. Gota figure out if tie Rods or lower ball joints. It was too dark and late to check which one last night.  Needs endlinks. Struts and springs seem fine. Same with Control arms, seem fine.

this 2000 Taurus Duratec is NOISY. So much road noise. Guess I forgot what it's like.

Taurus...needs a transmission? Thats a rare and unexpected failure, huh

1 person likes this

I finally fix my 01 Taurus after my fatal accident I had 6 months ago I still have some work to do but progress is great 810f8a443c2e7ae4da3ce335a34c59d5.jpg

Before pic

463bd55f3b227edc944c47ec40943e5e.jpg

After pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 people like this

ce396f25cb47e63d3e675c0eb0813b90.jpg

And after

She drives like I never been in a accident (better actually)

I replaced radiator fans, condenser, radiator, power steering pump and hoses, new spark plugs and wires, new heads new Ignition coil pack,new water pump. replaced the hood and side fender at the junkyard lucky to find a 02 Taurus same color but badly damaged from the passenger side but I worked it out but still some work to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 people like this

This happened. 4bcfb0b964135a1b9df36ce6d25dc0b6.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

I put new wipers on it! My wife decided to just let the wipers just be nothing but torn rubber... I drove it and used it, "Oh yeah, forgot to mention, don't use the wipers!" lol... And really, with the RainX, really never need to use em much. :P

15 hours ago, TaurusKev said:

I put new wipers on it! My wife decided to just let the wipers just be nothing but torn rubber... I drove it and used it, "Oh yeah, forgot to mention, don't use the wipers!" lol... And really, with the RainX, really never need to use em much. :P

Love Rainx.

i love aquapel even more then rainx find the stuff to be even more effective then rain x 

People always talk about Rainx not lasting but it lasts forever on mine. Maybe do it once a year.

It's time to change out the spark plugs and COP modules on my Sable. 

Carpets are wet again. Time to go to the local dealer and have them find out what's leaking or what seal is  not working to make this happen. Last time it was the rain hat and silicone fix, but this time it's the driver side as well as the passenger. I'm having nightmares about the whole floor rusting away....:o   Arghhhh

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

It's time to change out the spark plugs and COP modules on my Sable. 

Why are you changing out COP? If it isn't misfiring its fine. Spark plug wires are similar - unless they are arcing out, they are fine.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Bull Geek said:

Why are you changing out COP? If it isn't misfiring its fine. Spark plug wires are similar - unless they are arcing out, they are fine.

Mustang coils?? even though it would have no performance gain what so ever...

Happy birthday Taurus! Today would have marked its 18th birthday.

20150329_133647_zpsaqwopoaj.jpg

20150403_132341_zpsworpgdhl.jpg

20150403_132328_zpsn5wwomj2.jpg

20150403_134137_zpssobswtlw.jpg

15 hours ago, Bull Geek said:

They ARE misfiring, cylinders #1 and #2. 

9 hours ago, Brian_05_SEL said:

They ARE misfiring, cylinders #1 and #2. 

ARE THEY?