Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

brakes_new_rotor_1_zpseq0qhi8e.jpg

brakes_new_rotor_2_zpspsw6vycw.jpg

Changed the front brakes today. Took roughly four hours with some help from my dad. New pads, rotors and calipers. Full details and more pics in my build thread.

Who changed the oil pan gasket on a Duratec Valdez motor? Should I just get a 2004+ gasket from O'Reilly? Or buy OEM? What's the easiest way? It does say I need to remove my Y - Pipe, hopefully with the impact gun, the thing will come off easily, and I can take the pan out easily, and repair it...

I've done it, I just used the Fel-Pro gasket for the 2003. Wasn't that bad but rust is an unknown thing to Holly.

I couldn't take the poor handling and loud road noise from the winter tires anymore so I swapped to the SHO wheels. Next week when I am officially done with school I will move these back onto the SHO and put new tires onto the 2002.

I have to say that the centennial rims do look pretty good.

IMG_0803_zpsuh3es7gq.jpg

• Like 3

Needs that antenna extended, be proud of your moon buggy whip! :)

Haha, now that is warm out the power antenna actually works. I'm sure I see major fuel economy gains without the antenna down, lol.

Just got back from Atlanta, hit a few yards and found some goodies.

Two different oil caps on Jaguars, a SHO wiper arm for the wagon, the smaller DOHC sport badges (without the sport) new gen4 OEM Taurus headlights, a Ford Fivehundred dash clock and an damage-free harvest gold passenger side fender.

dohc_zpskhcz06ol.jpg

cap_zpsxxvg8fgm.jpg

• Like 2

Going to do a trans fluid change today. Just going to pull both cooler lines off and put one into an empty drain pan and one into a bucket full of new ATF. Let the pump do all the work! Easy.

Going to do a trans fluid change today. Just going to pull both cooler lines off and put one into an empty drain pan and one into a bucket full of new ATF. Let the pump do all the work! Easy.

Why didn't I think of that? I'm going to use this method to change the fluid in my car now.

• Like 1

Why didn't I think of that? I'm going to use this method to change the fluid in my car now.

Make sure to have clear tubing going into the fresh fluid bucket to be sure it's actually pulling fluid in. My trans hoses are in a weird spot and there wasn't enough vacuum to pull in new fluid. I ended up just dumping fluid in the filler through a funnel as it emptied. My dipstick filler is in the front and vertical which makes it way easier then the gen 4's position.

I did get 11 QT's changed and it didn't take long at all. Old fluid wasn't that bad just a reddish brown color and didn't smell that bad. New fluid does look better though!

That's the only way to properly flush an AX4_ transaxle without ******* it up. 

Switched back to all summer tires. The ones I put on are just about done so I will need to get some new ones soon.

Also found something else out. I've known for a while that the parking brake on the driver's rear wheel isn't working. I found out today that it's not just the parking brake; the brakes on that wheel aren't working at all! So now I have to do a rear brake job in the near future. I really don't have the $$$ for this crap. And the temp gauge on the dash is acting up too....

FML.

Was going to do the oil pan on the 02... however one exhaust bolt is about to snap... Not in the mood to drill and retap, so I'll take it to the place that has done my exhaust, they do other things too.

Found some slack in the driver's side inner tie rod. Will order today. Pas side tight.

Havn't done one since '88 car.

Noticed the car drifting to one side or the other on straight roads. Goes straight for a while then starts to turn slowly in one way or the other with no wheel movement.

Seems to be a do it yourself project in nice weather.

On another note, Local Pick A Part having half price day sat after this present one.

-chart-

When I was swapping wheels on the 2002 again I decided to inspect the rear strut mounted area.  Besides the surface rust it seems to be solid, I took the end of my breaker bar and pounded it around the entire perimeter of the strut and it sounded solid. I then flushed the entire wheel well out to remove all the sand/salt/road grim.

I have a set of cargo coils that will hopefully be installed in the next few weeks to replace the springs that were in these quick struts.

IMG_0810_zpseofteb5j.jpg

Another day of work on the cars.  New General Altimax RT43s for the 2002.  My initial review is good, they are very quiet and ride smooth, they have a cool built in tire life monitor.

IMG_0816_zpswf0tqyhm.jpg

As requested by Brian.  I should have included the Escape in the picture, then I would have all 3 primary colors.  Several people including neighbors and friends comment on how we have all 3 primary colors on our vehicles.  3/5 of the houses on the cul-de-sac we live on have all Ford vehicles, thanks to our newer neighbors seen with the Explorer, their Platinum Tri-coat Expedition EL is not pictured.  I have the loudest vehicle in the immediate area, but a guy down the road with a G8 GT has a bit more roar then the 3.4L.

IMG_0818_zpsbjss77we.jpg

• Like 1

More work today. 

New front brakes on the 2002.  Wagner ceramic pads and rotors.  The old pads were pretty much gone.

IMG_0819_zpsjcstdfpp.jpg

• Like 3

Have an appt at the car shop for 100 K mile maintenance, safety inspection, and maybe shocks if there's any money leftover ! Third Bull will be so happy with all this attention...

Installed a blue LED kit for the driver and passenger footwell. Controlled by a switch in the ash trey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found a nice late build 2002 SEL from an insurance auction, runs and shifts. Not drive-able due to a broke tierod and bent control arm. Has less miles than my gold Duratec sedan.  

duratecbuild1_zpscwxrmdci.jpg

On hold, till today.

duratecbuild2_zpseim6wjw5.jpg

Pulled the drivetrain, wiring, dash, fuel tank, and brakelines with the ABS pump. Stripped it.

duratecbuild_zpsxw8fa6lu.jpg

The '96 got it's dash replaced. Still got to finish up.

96dash_zpsrllhnhve.jpg

The 2000 wagon got a prototype wind deflector for the roof racks. LOL.

2000deflector_zpsfebrhwub.jpg

:/

2000deflector1_zpsrkyl5a6w.jpg

That... that's the rear bumper step pad from a wagon, isn't it? :huh:

• Like 1

That... that's the rear bumper step pad from a wagon, isn't it? :huh:

I'm 99% sure your right 

Yes it is. An extra part, not the one off the back of the wagon though.

• Like 1

Recently my rear brakes have been making an occasional "clunk clunk clunk" sound when wet. I brought the car to Tires Plus for a free brake inspection and everything looked fine they said. Lots of life left and nothing weird. They lubed and adjusted the drivers rear brake which was a little loose and I went on my way.

I'm trying something new...bed liner on the inner wheel arcs.  I think it looks great since it covers up all the crappy metal.  I'm also thinking of pulling the covers and doing this to the rockers.

1_zpslrgi9vuq.jpg

unnamed1_zpsk88hlk6v.jpg

I also washed the car today and hit it with cleaner wax.  Not bad for a 13 year old car that lives in the north.  I also didn't try to catch the SHO reflection, it was just there.

unnamed_zpshcwsushf.jpg

Front pads and ball joints today on the Sport. Everything went smooth except for the caliper that started leaking after being pushed back. Oh well, will pick up a reman tomorrow from Napa. While under the car I put new rivets in the heat shield since the front fell down a couple weeks ago.

My brake fluid is absolutely horrible. So it will be getting a partial flush with the new caliper.

0513151623_zps0ya6cwgj.jpg

Pads were also due..

0513151612_zpsgkxmnoq1.jpg

And I will be gearing up to do steering rack, pan gasket, front main, and tie rods sooner than later. Car is really not rusty underneath. Just rockers and dog legs.

0513151616_zpsxuorp68s.jpg

• Like 1