Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

One full day left of vacation so today the 2004 sedan got some attention.

Yesterday she looked like this:

2004bfr.jpg

A few hours ago she looked like this:

2004-1.jpg

The torque convertor had to be dying, that's the only thing that adds up. Next week she should be back on the road. I think I'll take 'er down the road without the front sheet metal and bumper for the test > :)

1346553331[/url]' post='53353']

I think I'll take 'er down the road without the front sheet metal and bumper for the test > :)

Get this on video. others-261.gif

Changed the cabin air filter today.

cabin_filter_change.jpg

I have nothing more to say about it :P

I also ordered some goodies for the car yesterday. The interior is going to have an attitude. :)

• Like 1

Get this on video. others-261.gif

I'll tell the neighbors "I got a Bristol souvenir".

2012-Bristol-March-NSCS-Race-Kyle-Busch-No-Hood.jpg

For d-n, taking a Vulcan out for him is like doing an oil change...no big deal right? :)

How many cherry pickers do you have?

Only have room for one right now. Welcome to Monster garage.

monstergarage.jpg

1346553301[/url]' post='53352']

Next on your list: Aluminum SFBs

Oh sweet Jesus, yes. biggrin.gif Get them.

I think I'll take 'er down the road without the front sheet metal and bumper for the test > :)

Mount the bumper at least. The front frame horns will flex a good deal without the support of the bumper. You dont want to crack the fiberglass header panel.

Oh sweet Jesus, yes. biggrin.gif Get them.

Save money, get a spare set of rear mounts to replace the fronts. Same benefit, not as harsh over bumps, and practically free.

Next upgrade for the interior of my car: brushed aluminum accents for select areas of the door trim and instrument panel, plus the addition of a lovely feature that can be found on many of the "Mulally-era" Fords... :ph34r:

ford-edge-ambient-lighting-kit.jpg

Pics and video will be forthcoming when all of this work is completed. ;)

Next upgrade for the interior of my car: brushed aluminum accents for select areas of the door trim and instrument panel,

I would love to see that.

Today I doubled Marilyn's current market value while at the gas pump. :lol:

• Like 1

Put a can of lawnmower gas in the '03 beside the interstate this evening.

Daughter called and said it just quit. No low gas light on.

It was on "E" monday when I changed the oil and she had not added gas so::angry:

Put in couple of gallons and keyed it couple of times and it started right off.

Gage still on "E".

So: do not depend on that light.

Guess that is what dads do.

-chart-

My Bull was the default roadside assistance vehicle for my boss's car today, which decided to have s**t that didn't work and a flat tire. It's an '08 Wimpala... laugh.gif

My Bull was the default roadside assistance vehicle for my boss's car today, which decided to have s**t that didn't work and a flat tire. It's an '08 Wimpala... laugh.gif

Hey there is one good thing about Tarurs/Sable having gas fill on the "wrong" side.

When you are off the Interstate with trucks whizzing by, you are on the other side with the gas can.dry.gif

I just knew that would come handy some day.

-chart-

Today I doubled Marilyn's current market value while at the gas pump. :lol:

As did I with my work truck today... Ben Franklin in the tank and room for more.

Put a can of lawnmower gas in the '03 beside the interstate this evening.

Daughter called and said it just quit. No low gas light on.

It was on "E" monday when I changed the oil and she had not added gas so::angry:

Put in couple of gallons and keyed it couple of times and it started right off.

Gage still on "E".

So: do not depend on that light.

Guess that is what dads do.

-chart-

I notice the same thing with my Taurus- even when the gauge is near empty, the gas light doesn't come on. I know the gauge isn't too accurate, but I have yet to see my gas light come on. However I rarely let the fuel level get that low....

It always comes on for me around the time my trip computer says 20-25 Miles til Empty. Only once did it get down to 0 Miles til empty and the light did not come on.. but it is because I tricked it cause I only added a gallon when the light came on.. and it read the same thing after I added gas.

I hate letting it get that low, but gas is so expensive.. and I wait until gas sale day! :P

Edited by TaurusDailyDriver

huh. My gas light comes on at about a 1/4 tank.

I have only seen the Low Fuel light once in my life, and that was on my Econoline

IMG_0240.jpg

I never let my cars get below 1/4 tank. The fuel pump is cooled by the gasoline in the tank. I'd rather fill up rather than risk possibly reducing the life of my fuel pump, then having to drop the whole gas tank or pay someone to do that.

I notice the same thing with my Taurus- even when the gauge is near empty, the gas light doesn't come on. I know the gauge isn't too accurate, but I have yet to see my gas light come on. However I rarely let the fuel level get that low....

Test for gage readings, I did this and took pics for reference.

This is for '01 Sable.

I put rear up on ramps and turned the key off and back to on. It reset the gage.

Then front up on ramps and turned the key off and back to on.

Then on level ground.

this tells me the low limit of the gage hand and the light works.

I had '95 and the gage hand did not go below E, in fact it did not go to "E" at all. Just stopped just above the line.

I took a paint marker and put a line on the face for "E". This car given to my older daughter and her hubby. I did not run out, but I did test the gage with this same routine.

My experience with gages is they are not accurate, but repeat.

And this: my '96 Lin Cont, when the gage to "E" and 20 miles to empty, took about 13 gal to fill on a 20 gal tank.

I took it to the garage and they replaced the "in tank" sender unit under warrenty.

The actual volume any tank fills to is variable but that was just way out of bounds.

Happy fueling.

-chart-

I prefer to not let the fuel get low when I am away from home.

Local I am ok with.

The fuel pump sits inside a plastic bowl shaped so the slosh of fuel keeps it full when on the road.

If you are stiting still, it will not have slosh to fill it and you will not pick up all the fuel that it could if you were moving.

Gets worse if you are not level.

I have had a location in PA in the moutains on a winding 1 1/4 mile hill where I ran out of gas momentarily as all the gas was at the back and it lost prime.

I hit the brakes and it picked right back up.

I have talked to others who live there who have had that happen.

I learned to keep my tank at least half full when driving there.

Of course I have not worked for pay for 14 years and I do not do that run any more.

-chart-

Test for gage readings, I did this and took pics for reference.

This is for '01 Sable.

I put rear up on ramps and turned the key off and back to on. It reset the gage.

Then front up on ramps and turned the key off and back to on.

Then on level ground.

this tells me the low limit of the gage hand and the light works.

I had '95 and the gage hand did not go below E, in fact it did not go to "E" at all. Just stopped just above the line.

I took a paint marker and put a line on the face for "E". This car given to my older daughter and her hubby. I did not run out, but I did test the gage with this same routine.

My experience with gages is they are not accurate, but repeat.

And this: my '96 Lin Cont, when the gage to "E" and 20 miles to empty, took about 13 gal to fill on a 20 gal tank.

I took it to the garage and they replaced the "in tank" sender unit under warrenty.

The actual volume any tank fills to is variable but that was just way out of bounds.

Happy fueling.

-chart-

That's a good tip Chart! Thanks! Like I said, rarely do I let the fuel get below 1/4 tank, and I still had to replace my fuel pump at around 57k miles. dry.gif

That's a good tip Chart! Thanks! Like I said, rarely do I let the fuel get below 1/4 tank, and I still had to replace my fuel pump at around 57k miles. dry.gif

I have had 7 Taurus Sables and 5 Lin Cont.

All used but one Cont.

I had 3 pumps replaced on the lot.

'92 Sable and '93 Lin. both sat for about a year unused before the sale.

Lin under warrenty but I did the Sable. Pic of pump. Clearly had water in the tank.

Leave one sitting and you can get water and it settles to the bottom and pumps do not like water.

Both got noisy, but not when I boght them, just a few days later.

Then on the '95 Sable, the pump would not start when shut off really hot and then would not run for restart until it cooled. That is different, not noisy, just hot sensitive.

No sign being low on gas matters in my cases.

However, my cars do not get a chance to get low for long. Except for present '01 they do not get a chance to get low. On the road, filled up often.

Hitting the road tomorrow for about 200 miles.

-chart-

I have had 7 Taurus Sables and 5 Lin Cont.

All used but one Cont.

I had 3 pumps replaced on the lot.

'92 Sable and '93 Lin. both sat for about a year unused before the sale.

Lin under warrenty but I did the Sable. Pic of pump. Clearly had water in the tank.

Leave one sitting and you can get water and it settles to the bottom and pumps do not like water.

Both got noisy, but not when I boght them, just a few days later.

Then on the '95 Sable, the pump would not start when shut off really hot and then would not run for restart until it cooled. That is different, not noisy, just hot sensitive.

No sign being low on gas matters in my cases.

However, my cars do not get a chance to get low for long. Except for present '01 they do not get a chance to get low. On the road, filled up often.

Hitting the road tomorrow for about 200 miles.

-chart-

Wagon did fine today, 215 miles.

Reason this is in question, this car only leaves the local area once a year.

And couple off topic pics.

One a V-8 and the other '57 model, note the weights on under rack, and then they add double the wheel weights in the pic when on the pulling track area. Can't get though the gate with them on.

They run in unlimited pulling class. Other people have hobbys.

Today at the tractor and other antiques festival. Perfect day.

-chart-

While the car is technically sold, I dropped the car off at my buddy's shop for an overall safety and maintenance check. I want to be sure there are no loose ends before it goes into service for it's new owner. I asked him to change the tranny filter and the brake pads, and a state inspection.