• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in after the update?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please e-mail Sean [email protected] and he can reset your password.
    • Sean T.

Help Support TSOC by Making a Donation!   01/29/17

TSOC is funded by donations only. The operating expenses for TSOC are about $320 annually for hosting, domains, and IP Board license renewals. Support from our members is greatly appreciated! As always, we are grateful for ANY and ALL donations! From $1.00 to $100.00, anything you give will support the forums and community experience. At any time, you are free to make a standard donation towards our operating expenses. Surplus funds will stay with the forum for next year, so even if it appears we have enough cash on hand, we're always in need of donations! When you make a donation towards our operating expenses, your membership will automatically upgrade based on your donation amount. (Please see the link below for more info)     Click HERE to learn more about our membership levels!  
    • Sean T.

!!! *** Known Issue for New Member Sign-Up *** !!!   04/20/17

It has been brought to our attention that new members are unable to sign up. Producing an error code EX1364. We are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. In the mean time, if you encounter this error, please send a message using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page, and we will contact you when it has been resolved.
Devin

What Have You Done To Your Bull Lately?

8853 posts in this topic

Since I like to see all the mods that people do to their Taurus's, I figured I'd start a thread so everybody can show off what they did today! I'll start.

I added in a '91 SHO dashboard to replace the nasty woodgrain one I had before.

20100608154531.jpg

I have done quite a few mods since joining the "old" TCCA, asI learned from other members what mods I could do and what would fit on my Taurus. I'll post a couple of mod pics...I'll post the rest when the Garage gets up and running.

What I have posted is an auto dim mirror (Donnelly)..A Duratec dash, as I like the colors better than the Vulcan dash and this speedo goes up to 120..as I think most speedometers do..and I have added the full JBL audio system (Sub, the JBL package tray with the sub holes,RCU,front speakers incl. tweeters and door speakers and the rear JBL audio speakers).

post-2-014682200 1276521846_thumb.jpg

post-2-047855800 1276521869_thumb.jpg

post-2-050382400 1276521908_thumb.jpg

:angry:

I paid half a grand to have my local FLM dealer repair a problem with the Supplemental Restraint System, which the extended warranty group wouldn't cover. Yet, Ford's own manufacturer warranty would cover it in a heartbeat if my car was still within the 3 year/36k mile term. Some extended service plan that is, I think I'm just gonna cancel it and get the prorated refund for what's left. <_<

angryfire.gif

I paid half a grand to have my local FLM dealer repair a problem with the Supplemental Restraint System, which the extended warranty group wouldn't cover. Yet, Ford's own manufacturer warranty would cover it in a heartbeat if my car was still within the 3 year/36k mile term. Some extended service plan that is, I think I'm just gonna cancel it and get the prorated refund for what's left. rolleyes.gif

I agree. That's a ripoff.

We got an extended warranty on our '02 Dodge Durango, and it covered everything the factory warranty did.

well the most recent things with my sable are the 04 engine swap and the big old missing chunk of paint on the front bumper lol

Today, I put on new license plates with decorative plate frames. Illinois had a large batch of plates made about five years ago with bad clearcoating that would peel off and allow corrosion on the plate itself; I finally got around to stopping in at the DMV and requesting a free replacement pair. The new plate frames are chromed, and there's a special extra goody that I picked up for cruise-ins and out-of-state travel. Pics to come...

Last week I blew the dust off the '99 (has been sitting since it was involved in a hit-n-run last year). I replaced the driver's mirror months ago, R&R'd the trans and engine oils a couple weeks ago, bought a new battery. I finally got it all legal again and gave it to Mom to drive until I find her a new car.

I have owned this car for roughly 4 months, and there is a list of mods that I need to catch everyone up on. But since we are referring to the present tense, here is the steering wheel I installed over the wknd. (although it took all of 15 mins to do) Many thanks goes out to Kevin for an awesome write up.cheers.gif

post-23-073239900 1277173762_thumb.jpg

I have owned this car for roughly 4 months, and there is a list of mods that I need to catch everyone up on. But since we are referring to the present tense, here is the steering wheel I installed over the wknd. (although it took all of 15 mins to do) Many thanks goes out to Kevin for an awesome write up.cheers.gif

That looks SWEET man. Well done sir! One day you'll find the ICP surround to match the wheel and it'll be complete. Seriously, well done. Dark charcoal/Ebony/Black interiors > *

You guys make it to esy for me, I always love showing off the wagon. Here is a qiuck shot of the black outs I put on the wagon tonight, total cost, $5.00 for the vinyl and $10.00 for the beer while doing it.

post-18-071866200 1277176924_thumb.jpg

Looks good! It looks like a football player.

I just washed and waxed it this past weekend. Still need to vacuum the inside. On a side note, I got the car inspected about a month ago (per PA state requirements), and the only thing it needed was an oil change. It was nice not having to give all of my money away!

I feel so lucky not needing inspections here in Michigan. ^_^

I recently installed an SHO front bumper on my 98 Taurus SE and have all the parts needed for a dual exhaust setup, stainless mufflers, 6" oval stainless tips, y-pipe, including the rear SHO bumper, just have to get it all installed! Hopfully within the next couple of weeks!

I finally installed Cloth Gen3 SHO Seats into my car. Converted all the electronics, over for the Power Lumbar switch, and to make all the personal safety system stuff work, plus to simulate the airbag system. Pictures soon to come ;)

I put my pass side fender liner back in today finally still have to fix my horn so i can put the other side back on.also cleaned out my trunktoday its the eptiest it has been in a very very long time!

Since I like to see all the mods that people do to their Taurus's, I figured I'd start a thread so everybody can show off what they did today! I'll start.

I added in a '91 SHO dashboard to replace the nasty woodgrain one I had before.

20100608154531.jpg

You need to let me fix your wiring for you. I'm tired of looking at your RCA's hanging low :ph34r: LOL, just messing with you!

You need to let me fix your wiring for you. I'm tired of looking at your RCA's hanging low :ph34r: LOL, just messing with you!

I just gotta tuck it back in.

My splitters I bought from radio shack are bad, and speakers cut out as I drive, so I need to redo some wires. ;)

I finally installed Cloth Gen3 SHO Seats into my car. Converted all the electronics, over for the Power Lumbar switch, and to make all the personal safety system stuff work, plus to simulate the airbag system. Pictures soon to come ;)

They're nice, aren't they? The only thing I don't like about the set I picked up is that the passenger side isn't powered. :(

They're nice, aren't they? The only thing I don't like about the set I picked up is that the passenger side isn't powered. :(

The ones I picked up, were both non-powered. But that didn't matter, because I just swapped the base and the mechanisms from my 05.

Honestly, the most pain in the ass part... Was the driver seat, swapping the power lumbar support in. I decided to unrivet and then rerivet the motor into the 05's base. Then swap the cushions, then install the switch. Honestly, looks great too :)

I do wanna find a Power Passenger seat one of these days...

Edited by TaurusKev

The ones I picked up, were both non-powered. But that didn't matter, because I just swapped the base and the mechanisms from my 05.

Honestly, the most pain in the ass part... Was the driver seat, swapping the power lumbar support in. I decided to unrivet and then rerivet the motor into the 05's base. Then swap the cushions, then install the switch. Honestly, looks great too :)

I do wanna find a Power Passenger seat one of these days...

I added a power passenger seat before, I can do it again. Seems like I downgraded instead of upgraded. It's nice to have working lumbar though. ^_^

Today? I looked at it as I walked past to the truck. I honestly don't drive the SHO much anymore. It came out of winter hibernation in April, and I've put about a thousand miles on it.

:unsure:does ******* it up count.

a woman who shall remain nameless got rear ended in the esv the other day. she takes the tauri and hits a curb.

not only hits it but bends a silver bolt that sticks down on the left. i'm thinkiing its a motor mount bolt because now when you take off

from a stop it bangs. not to mention the air bag light too. :o

i'm running out of cars. :lol:

wow no kidding what do you have left? the nissan and the work car?