Goldenhound

Transmission temperature PIDS

1999 Mercury Sable wagon, DOHC 24-valve engine. AX4N transmission.

Using a Bluetooth OBDII adapter and an android app, I'm trying to determine if my transmission is over heating. But, I'm not sure if Ford built in an OBDII PID to the on board computer monitor the transmission temperature.

Is there a list of PIDS for my 1999 sable? I have exhausted all my ideas on where to find such a thing or if there was even a Trans temp PID created for my model?

I am pretty sure that the 1999 did not support trans temp as OBD-II in those days were primitive. 

I was afraid of that. That's why I'm looking for the PIDS to verify it. 

My transmission is acting funny and I've already replaced it once. Could be heat related. Still looking to see if anyone might be more positive; either through experience, or a solid knowledge of the PIDS made available for my car. 

When was the fluid last changed on your transmission? Do you have an aftermarket plate cooler installed? Frequent fluid changes with Mercon V and an external plate cooler seems to help extend the life of these transmissions.

Wolf, you are so right.  But the damage has been done.

Did I mention that the current transmission is a rebuild just about 6 months past its warranty? The guy that did it won't even return my calls to talk about it. I think he's scared. 

The car can't seem to hold a cruising speed either in OD or '2'. It shifts up too quickly and then falters in sub 2000 rpms. I have to pump the accelerator to make it drop down to a lower gear, until it gets up to cruising speed, and then feather it with the gas pedal. It reminds me of a car that is flooding with the wrong mixture. Or bad plugs or wires; both were replaced, as well as a fluid/filter drain and replace, and a new fuel filter. This was all done last month.