Sign in to follow this  
mcsteven

Gen 3 Taurus Radio trim plate for EATC - Oakland, CA

Yeah, no one makes them anymore, Ford doesn't have any in stock of course, I've checked the JYs, eBay, Amazon, etc. 

I'm looking for a trim plate for the stereo for a Gen 3 Taurus with EATC. I was considering having it 3D printed, but I've not found anyone who wants to map it. If they took it on I can guess it would be hundreds of dollars for their time. Fair, but out of my price range.

As noted in my intro, I've got great ideas but the wallet doesn't match, so I am on a budget. If you've got one, a lead on one, or a suggestion of where to look, let me know. If you're selling, please include a pic or two, any defects, and price and shipping to post office box in Oakland, CA 94603.

I'll keep an eye out around the junkyards, just in case I see one.

• Like 1

Are you just looking for a radio /climate control 'football'? I probably have one of those around. It would be EATC style from a SHO.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, zenriddles said:

Are you just looking for a radio /climate control 'football'? I probably have one of those around. It would be EATC style from a SHO.

I've heard them called the football before. It's just the faceplate that the EATC connects to and covers it and the factory stereo. Like this piece (2nd pic) but made for the electronic climate controls, not the three dials. Is the SHO version the same (98 non-SHO for comparison in 1st pic)?

wminterior.jpg

radio-face.jpg

Edited by mcsteven

On 1/7/2019 at 4:02 PM, zenriddles said:

Any luck? Again, I'm looking for one to use an aftermarket head unit with.

The first pic matches the SHO exactly.

I'm not home right now, I'm in New York on business. I can take a peek this weekend if I get a chance.

Are you looking for a complete working 98 style unit? (96-97 have one style of plug ins, 98-99 have a different style)or are you just looking for a body to modify? I know I have bodies, I am not sure if I still have a 98 style EATC Football.

3 hours ago, zenriddles said:

The first pic matches the SHO exactly.

I'm not home right now, I'm in New York on business. I can take a peek this weekend if I get a chance.

Are you looking for a complete working 98 style unit? (96-97 have one style of plug ins, 98-99 have a different style)or are you just looking for a body to modify? I know I have bodies, I am not sure if I still have a 98 style EATC Football.

I'm seeking the aftermarket football to add an aftermarket head unit. I don't need any of the electrical/electronics. 

I hadn't thought of modifying one. I guess I could acquire one of the EATC footballs as well as one of the aftermarket ones for the 3 dial units, and make the same cut on both. I'd just use the top half of the aftermarket one. I'll have to talk to my radio guy to see what he thinks. 

Well. My misfortune is your good fortune.

Seems the seal on my storage container did not work so well. My footballs got wet.

Choose either or both, all you gotta do is pay for shipping. They may still work but I'll give them to you free.

SHO Radios.jpg

What would you estimate shipping to 94603? It would be a PO Box in Oakland, CA.

I will find out tomorrow at work.

Wow. This is a pain in the ass. What am I doing wrong?

My office UPS and FedEx wont deliver to a PO box, and USPS wants like $30.00 to deliver a 9x9x12 seven pound box from 60148 to 94603, and that's clearly rape.

Are you sending it Priority Mail or whatever the Parcel Select is supposed to be these days?

Priority will beat the crap out of you if it's a weird size and doesn't go in their box. Parcel Select (I don't think that's the right term, but it's something like that) is supposed to be slower but more reasonable on shipping costs. I've done the Parcel Select for weird, bulky items and I've never paid $30 in shipping. I don't think I even spent $30 shipping a package international.

If you can, see what the USPS desk has to say about it. I swear I ran into a similar issue and they offered me the cheaper option. They just told me it would be slower since it's all ground shipping.

Edited by Kodachrome Wolf

Thanks. I think I see a major problem. I wasn't using 'their' box.

I clicked on Ground, or something like that, thought I was picking the most economical but don't actually recall seeing the words similar to Parcel Select.

Been out of town a lot lately, not easy to run in to the Post Office.