TechGeek

Mach Audio - 2005 Taurus SEL

So I finally upgraded my audio in my 2005 Taurus SEL to Mach Audio (Mach Tweeters and Mach RCU).  All the wires were there just waiting to be used and what a huge difference it made!  However, I have noticed that at times the Audio seems quiet compared to what it was prior to me turning the car off.  If I turn the Radio off and then back on it seems to be louder.  I know I have a speaker that needs to be replaced, but would that impact all the speakers?  Is this an indicator that I have a bad/failing RCU?  I appreciate the help.  Thanks!

This is a known firmware flaw with the Mach RCU. The only way to fix is to turn the system off and back on like you already do. You can prevent this from happening at all by always turning the system off before shutting off the car.

Thanks for the reply Angrod, do you have anymore information on this?  I am wondering if it only affects certain years of the Mach RCU. I’ve been unable to find others having the same problem. This is honestly the first time I’ve even heard of this issue. It’s a bit disappointing that they wouldn’t have fixed this. Thanks again for the information!

AFAIK this affects all Mach RCU's from all years. Ford never seems to have addressed the issue. I don't have anymore info on it myself but I know I encountered this more than once in my bull. Ford doesn't seem to have learned their lesson either. My Fiesta has trouble sometimes remembering my EATC settings when I switch it off/on.