Sign in to follow this  
mykehop

Back again with the same problems

1994 Ford Taurus V6 3.8L. A quick rundown of what is going on. It cranks fine. But after I'm warms up the rpms in idle go above 1000 (Normal they are just below) and the check engine light comes on. When I press the accelerator the engine bogs down and it smells like it is running super rich. Things that have been changed New plugs, New distributor cap and rotor, New fuel filter, New idle air control valve, New engine coolant sensor (I only changed one, should I change the other?), New egr valve, New fuel pressure regulator, New o2 sensors. New throttle position sensor.  Re manufactured IRCM.  Cleaned the mass air flow sensor (which now I'm reading I should just replace it), cleaned the throttle body. I can hear the fuel pump kick on when the key is in the on position, so I guess that is good. I've checked all the fuses.  Thought it might of been a plugged catalytic converter so I pulled the o2 sensors to take some of the back pressure off, didn't help.  (But it did make it sound cool while the engine was running).  Am I missing something? Has anyone ever heard of this before?

I have not, but if it is running rich, and you only cleaned your MAF, unhook your MAF and see if it behaves differently. Also, what are your Check engine code stating?