Khemykal

Sable Duratec Chime Sound from Engine

Did it make that noise before the belt was changed?

Then the noise is from either the new clutch or the belt. Hopefully it is the belt which is easily replaced by whomever installed it. It could be one rib off and is rubbing against something. Do you smell rubber burning?

No rubber burning and the sound is actually in the drivers side not the passenger side. I will remove the belt and start it just to try and narrow it down. I get no difference in sound with a/c on or off. I replaced the clutch and belt myself. I checked the air gap on the new clutch and was at .024 with the thinnest spacer so I am hesitant to think it is that.

Does your new belt have as many ribbs as the old one? I’m just guessing at the possible cause. 

Here’s another; Is your power steering pump reservoir full? 

Update

It ended up being one of the vacuum lines under the throttle body. My thought is that it came disconnected (Not completely) when I dropped the sub-frame to fix the A/C clutch (Ford engineers SUCK) and that caused the vacuum line to come loose enough to make a whistling noise.

Way to stick with it, Khemykal! Now you can enjoy your Sable like I do my ‘04 Taurus which is one of the very best Fords I have ever owned.