Sign in to follow this  
wean

Carquest Branded Spark Plug Wires

Howdy ya'll,

I am interested in buying a Carquest Spark Plug Wire Set for my 2001 Ford Taurus OHV Vulcan - Vin Code: U.

Will it be a let down if I use this over Ford Motorcraft?

Thanks In Advance,

Weston 

Im sorry i posted this in the wrong thread

Folks use aftermarket wires all the time. While you’re installing them, just make sure they seem to be clipping onto the coil and plugs okay. 

FWIW, I’ve got Standard Motor Product Wires on my ‘97 and Ultima Select on my ‘87. No troubles there. 

I would Ohm any new set first, only takes a few minutes. Our son drove here, ~700 miles in F-150 inline 6 and told me it seems like it ran out of gas briefly under heavy load. I drove it and for sure it had a misfire under load above 4K rpm. I told him best ohm the wires. He said the wires were brand new premium put on just before the trip. He did and one was open. He had the old ones behind the seat and replaced that one and it was fine. Said he would return the set when home. New stuff is not always good.

I pulled the ones in the pic from JY as they looked new. Been on my sedan soon to be 5 years and they are fine. Autolite plugs with mis-made top electrodes ruined one wire.

-chart-

PlugWires13.jpg

PlugWires2s.jpg