• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please contact us at [email protected] and we can reset your password. 
    • Sean T.

FIXED ~ Issue for New Member Sign-Up   01/13/18

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the error codes given when trying to register as a new member. If you have further registration issues, including error codes EX1364 or 2S129/1, please contact us at [email protected] with the error code displayed. Thank you, and welcome to our site.
wean

EVAP & CAT Issues

Hello,

I have ran some tests on my 05' Taurus. The specific test i completed was an I/M readiness test. When my results come up, i notice two issues. The EVAP and CAT sensors come back as "Incomplete." I was wondering where I should start to fix these issues. 

Thanks,

Wes

keep driving the car. only real way for the them to become complete

• Like 1

If you recently pulled your battery, or recently cleared your diagnostic trouble codes (DTC), you'll get that. Like shelbyracer said, just drive it. Do a bit of city, a bit of highway, and it should clear after a week to OK or throw a DTC. 

• Like 1

I really appreciate your feedback! I recently cleared the codes because I fixed the IMRC vacuum leaks (thanks to one of the forum posts). Any-hoot, ya'll have a great day.

18 hours ago, wean said:

Hello,

I have ran some tests on my 05' Taurus. The specific test i completed was an I/M readiness test. When my results come up, i notice two issues. The EVAP and CAT sensors come back as "Incomplete." I was wondering where I should start to fix these issues. 

Thanks,

Wes

OBD-II Monitor Exercised Drive Cycle Procedure

Drive Cycle Preparation

1. Idle vehicle for 15 seconds.

2 Drive at (40 MPH) until ECT is at least (170 F). (engine coolant temp).

3. Is Inlet Air Temp within (40 to 100 F)? If not stop here.

HEGO

4. Cruise at (40 MPH) for Up To 4 minutes. Executes the HEGO monitor.

EVAP

5 Cruise at (45 to 65 MPH) for 10 minutes (avoid sharp turns and hills) Gas tank ¼ to ¾ full.

Catalyst

6. Drive in stop and go traffic conditions. Include five different constant cruise speeds, ranging from (25 to 45 MPH) over a 10 minute period. Executes the Catalyst Monitor.

EGR

7. From a stop, accelerate to (45 MPH) at ½ to ¾ throttle. Repeat 3 times. Executes the EGR Monitor.

SEC AIR/CCM

(Engine)

8. Bring the vehicle to a stop. Idle with transmission in drive for 2 minutes. Executes the ISC portion of the CCM.

CCM (Trans Auto)

9. From a stop and in overdrive, moderately accelerate to (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop vehicle and repeat without overdrive to (40 MPH) cruising for at least 30 seconds. While at (40 MPH), activate overdrive and accelerate to (50 MPH) and cruise for at least 15 seconds. Stop for at least 20 seconds and repeat step 9 five times. Executes the transmission portion of the CCM.

Misfire&Fuel Monitors

10. From a stop, accelerate to (65 MPH). Decelerate at closed throttle until (40 MPH) (no brakes). Repeat this 3 times. Allows learning for the misfire monitor.

Complete list according to Ford. Tricky one is EAVP, as it needs the gas tank at the right level, overnight rest, and then outside air temp over 40F. Pain to do in winter.

-chart-

• Like 1