• Announcements

• Sean T.

Having trouble logging in?   04/25/16

After the forum update, you need to use your displayed name as your login. Your password should remain the same. If you are still having trouble, please contact us at [email protected] and we can reset your password. 
    • Sean T.

FIXED ~ Issue for New Member Sign-Up   01/13/18

Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the error codes given when trying to register as a new member. If you have further registration issues, including error codes EX1364 or 2S129/1, please contact us at [email protected] with the error code displayed. Thank you, and welcome to our site.
Sign in to follow this  
jc_oo5

Changing interior color

Like many gen 3 owners I have a gray interior that I want to change to a black interior. The rear deck has some kind of carpet material covering it . I would like to  know now is there a way  to paint it or cover it with carpet. If covering it with carpet does any one know what kind or type. Also I tried using spray paint to paint a rear deck before and the paint caused the carpet to flake . I think I used and interior vinyl spray paint. Does anyone know a way of dying the rear deck,  painting it or carpeting it to get a factory oem look.

On my 95 T-Bird, I used a carpet/fabric spray dye and so far it's working pretty well on its rear deck. Granted, I was simply darkening it from the sun fading, but it did a good job. I bought it at O'Reillys I think. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to look up a good spray on carpet dye.

Yeah, they sell spray paint specifically for fabric. If you use that, it should work out fine. You could probably find it at JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels... both of which ALWAYS have a coupon available online, and you can show it on your phone at check out, you don't need to print it.

http://www.joann.com/coupon/

https://www.michaels.com/coupons/

Or, since I see you're in Chicago... there are a TON of art supply stores there (at least near downtown), you could call up one of them and see what they suggest.

How many cans of spray fabric dye do you think will be need to complete color change the rear deck. Is there any prep needs to be done to the rear deck before painting.

I think I used 1 and a half to dye mine darker, so I would say about 2 to 3 to be safe. Do it in light coats is what I did. 

Thanks for the help everyone i'm going to grab 3 cans.