Sean T.

How can I interrupt power antenna near ICP

I am wanting to add a switch on the dash that cuts the signal for the power antenna to be raised.

I hardly ever use the FM radio, but always have a cassette or CD playing. I want to be able to flip a switch and it prevents the radio from telling the antenna to be up when I'm listening to a CD.

Is there somewhere under the dash I can do this? If not, where can I do this at all?

Thanks!!!

You'll have to interrupt it at the antenna itself. There are four wires. 1 is ground, 12VDC all time, 1 is a signal wire, and 1 is 12VDC when in Acc/Run. 

You need to interrupt the wire between the RCU and Power Antenna. Should be Pin 2 of the antenna, Red/Pink color. 

Maybe put an override switch between the two when you want it down or up. 

Hmmmm crap. I was worried I would have to do it way back there....

Yeah I have a little toggle switch that I put into the adjustable-pedal delete plug, so I'll have a master "Off" switch on the dash that prevents the antenna from going up.

From what I understand, the antenna gets a power signal to stay up, and when the signal is off the antenna goes down.

So if the switch I install is on (connected) the antenna will work as normal, and when switch is off (interrupted) the antenna will stay down no matter what.

50 minutes ago, TaurusKev said:

You'll have to interrupt it at the antenna itself. There are four wires. 1 is ground, 12VDC all time, 1 is a signal wire, and 1 is 12VDC when in Acc/Run. 

You need to interrupt the wire between the RCU and Power Antenna. Should be Pin 2 of the antenna, Red/Pink color. 

Maybe put an override switch between the two when you want it down or up. 

Might I add. The red wire when it is positive the antenna goes up, when it is open the antenna goes down. Just that simple. So if you use a switch to open the red wire, your antenna will stay down. Re connect it and it acts normal.

-chart-

On 2/3/2018 at 7:49 PM, -chart- said:

Might I add. The red wire when it is positive the antenna goes up, when it is open the antenna goes down. Just that simple. So if you use a switch to open the red wire, your antenna will stay down. Re connect it and it acts normal.

-chart-

Ok, that was how I was hoping it worked. That's what I plan on doing, just wasn't sure where that wire was, and if it ran up to the dash or not.

To my knowledge, it does not, it should be by the RCU and the Power antenna. 

• Like 1

you have to run wires from the rcu location to where you want the switch.